That Takes the Cake Art Show & Competition

The reason for the lack of blogging these past couple of days was because I had the opportunity to go to the Capital Confectioner’s Cake & Sugar Art Show in Austin, Texas.  Basically I conned my mom into coming with me for the weekend, and she of course said yes, since she is the best mom in the world!  I have to give a big thanks to Kyla who stopped by my blog and let me know about this great convention…without her I definitely wouldn’t of gone.  The convention had a competition side and a class side to it.  I got to watch Bronwen Weber, Autumn Carpenter, Steven Stellingwerf, Nicholas Lodge, and Earlene Moore do demos for a whole day…I was in heaven, expect for the fact that the day before the trip I came down with a dreadful cold and was sick the whole trip, but nonetheless I learned a lot and got to see a bunch of great cakes.  I will hopefully be trying out some of the new techniques that I learned from the trip later this month and sharing them with you, but for now I just want to share all of the cakes I saw with you.  Enjoy the photos…there’s a lot of them!

img_23981.jpg

img_24261.jpg

img_2422133.jpg

img_25251.jpg

img_25091.jpg

img_25241.jpg

Tags: , , , , , , ,

14 Responses to “That Takes the Cake Art Show & Competition”

1. Cakespy says:

OK, you’re officially excused! Wow, I can’t decide which cake wows me the most–the subway car? The monkeys? The BULLDOG!!? What a pleasurable post and lovely photos!

2. Tim says:

yeah i love them all

3. Wow! Absolutely stunning! I love the Cheshire Cat and the Toille [fantastic!] The Dragon is amazing… all of them are just stunning in their own right. It must have been fun to see so many delightful creations! Thanks for bringing back souveniers for us! :-)

4. Kyla says:

I’m so glad you made it to the show and that you and your mom enjoyed yourselves. Next year will be even better. I expect you to have an entry next year. ;)

Did you stay for the Sunday demonstrations?

5. admin says:

Yes, we did get to stay for the demos…they were great! I also got to buy a lot of fun products too! Can’t wait to try them out!

6. Kyla says:

Fantastic! Then you even got some of our Texas BBQ. Heh.

7. admin says:

Yes I did!

8. Kelly says:

Hi. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for coming to Austin!!
    Maybe we bumped into each other, I worked at the Cake Craft Shoppe Booth with my daughter…

9. Stephanie says:

I live in Texas and I didn’t even know about this! I am so jealous!

10. Stef says:

Thanks for sharing those! What a great collection of cakes!!

11. I’m so addicted to your blog now! That subway car cake looks like one I saw Duff do on Ace of Cakes. There are some awesome cakes here!

Angie

12. Ashley says:

Wow! I actually helped with that bulldog haha I work for the creator of that masterpiece, Julana at Something Special Bakery in Beaumont, TX.

13. Ashley says:

Oops, I didn’t help with this one. I helped with the groom’s cake that inspired this to be entered in the competition lol. Excuse me, it’s late/early… I need to go to bed.

14. [...] Sources Great White Snark and My Sweet Saucy [...]