Birthday Cake for Four

I made this cake about a month ago for the mother of a dear friend of mine. She was celebrating three other of her friend’s birthdays along with her own, so I did a simple, yet elegant birthday cake for all four of them. I wrote all of their names along the cake board using royal icing and made the bow on top with fondant. Hopefully in the near future I can do a tutorial on making fondant bows for you! The cake had two different flavors: the top tier was chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and raspberries and the bottom tier was buttermilk cake with lemon cream and raspberries. I covered the cake in swiss meringue buttercream and then colored a portion of the buttercream and piped on small dots for the border.

cake-0012.jpg

Tags: ,

8 Responses to “Birthday Cake for Four”

1. Emiline says:

You make me sick, with your perfectly decorated cake. Decorating cakes takes a lot of talent, and you have it!

2. Aran says:

Very, very cute… I love small cakes. And the flavors sound really good too, chocolate on one side and buttermilk and lemon on another. Perfect!

3. cakewardrobe says:

You are great!! I’m supposed to make a wedding cake next month for my cousin’s wedding. I’m getting nervous as this will be my first wedding cake!

4. Chou says:

Gorgeous cake. I’m happy that the frosting wasn’t fondant. :)

5. admin says:

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments! The cake isn’t anything over the top special, but I guess we all like cakes like that sometimes. Good luck on your first wedding cake CakeWardrobe…I can’t wait to see it!

6. Amy says:

I love reading your blog! Everything looks so yummy! Alot of it looks too cute to eat!hehe!

7. I love this cake – cute but still looks like a cake, that meaning – yummy ;-)

Nice bow!

8. Rebeca says:

Your cake looks wonderful. How did you stack the cakes without the swiss meringue buttercream cracking? Do you stack the cakes while the buttercream is still soft? Or do you stack the cakes with hard buttercream?