Chocolate Transfer Sheet Cupcakes

So sorry about the lack of posting this past week…right now I feel like I am writing to a long lost friend who I haven’t talked to in a while…but when holidays come, so do my orders and therefore my time for blogging is sadly cut short. The good news is that Blue Windows, one of the stores I got my cookies into, sold out of their first order of 2 dozen Easter sugar cookies in 1 1/2 days! I was so excited when I got the call and she wanted to order 6 dozen more!!! My hand wanted to kill me after the order, but I was just so happy that they sold well that I didn’t care at all. Well enough about cookies, this post is about cupcakes…chocolate peanut butter cupcakes to be exact. I brought these cupcakes along with a dozen Coconut Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting to one of my church’s outreaches this past Saturday. Baking for people is my passion and I find so much fulfillment in being able to put smiles on people’s faces and a good memory in their hearts and minds. To jazz these cupcakes up I used chocolate transfer sheet designs and cut mini Easter eggs out of them for the top of the cupcakes.

img_29411.jpg

This chocolate cupcake recipe can be found at Chockylit’s Cupcake Bakeshop, which is probably one of my favorite blogs out there. She is absolutely blows me away with the great combinations she comes up with and all of the creativity that flows out of each posting. The particular recipe is one of the best chocolate cupcake recipes out there and I have used it countless times…once you try it you will be a convert too!

img_29101.jpg

I decided to fill the cupcakes with leftover chocolate ganache I had from another day and think it worked out pretty well. Chocolate ganache is simply a combo of 50% heavy cream to 50% chocolate. You just heat your cream until is it about to boil and then pour it over your chopped chocolate (my favorite is bittersweet) and let it sit for a couple minutes before you whisk it till it’s thoroughly combined. You can also add a tablespoon of butter and corn syrup to the mixture when it’s still hot to give it a better flavor and more shine. If you are going to use it for a filling you need to let it cool completely until it is a thick spoonable consistency. Then just add your ganache to a pastry bag fitted with a medium size pastry tip and insert your tip into the cupcake and squeeze the filling out until you feel your cupcake expanding and the ganache comes up to the top.

img_29151.jpg

I tried a new frosting this time…peanut butter frosting! This frosting from Ina Garten’s show, Barefoot Contessa, got rave reviews online at the Food Network, so I thought I would give it a try. I was definitely not disappointed! This is a delicious and extremely easy frosting to make and makes a wonderful pairing with chocolate cupcakes. I piped on the frosting using a pastry bag and a #8 tip.

img_29191.jpg

I found these great new chocolate transfer sheet designs at Fancy Flours. To see how you make chocolate transfer sheet cut out’s check out my posting on Valentine’s Day Cupcakes. These kind of adornments are very impressive looking to people and yet pretty easy to make in my opinion, so I would highly recommend that you try it out!

faith_2-1.jpg

Well, here are some more fun photos I took of the cupcakes and a photo of the Coconut Cream Cheese Cupcakes that I made for the event too! Thanks for looking!

img_29221.jpg

img_29291.jpg

img_29381.jpg

img_29261.jpg

img_29451.jpg

Tags: , , , , , , ,

24 Responses to “Chocolate Transfer Sheet Cupcakes”

1. Chris says:

first of all i’d like to say that i love your blog!! i look forward to checking it and seeing what new and creative stuff you come up with. it even amazes me with your willingness to share your craft, where i’m from there aren’t many people who are willing to give up recipes and techniques; personally i’m all about the sharing so it’s simply refreshing to see another who is too.
    now that being said i noticed that in this blog you used the cardbord cupcake thingys. in the past i haven’t liked them much, but i hate the generic plastic contaniors even more. a few weeks ago i was visiting my favorite online store (countrykitchensa.com) and they have these fabulous cupcake trays that you place in regular cake boxes. they come in a pack of 4 for 4.95 (don’t quote me). I purchased them to try them out, which i did this weekend for easter. let me tell you they are an amazing product. i didn’t have a single cupcake get squashed or trapped under the cardboard divider. here is a link for the product, take a look…maybe you might like them as well: http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=1&ShopId=38&CatId=629&SubCatId=1609&productId=629283
    hope you have a great week!
    chris

2. linda says:

Very cute cupcakes!

3. admin says:

Wow Chris…thanks so much for the nice comment and the link to the cupcake box liners. I checked them out and they look like they are a great alternative to the cardboard liners. I love hearing everyone’s suggestions and favorite products…the more the merrier in my book! By the way, thanks for your comment too Linda!

4. Your chocolate-transfer eggs on top of the cupcakes look great! I agree it is an impressive and efficient way of cupcake decorating :-)

5. Cyndi says:

I am totally making those tomorrow for a party at my hubby’s work! You definitely can’t go wrong with a choco-pb combination. Since I can’t get the transfer sheets by tomorrow, do you have any ideas for a quick flourish?

6. admin says:

Hi Cyndi,
    I am so glad you are going to try them out! If I were you I would just grab a bag of mini reeses and cut them in half and top each cupcake with a half of reeses…this will make them go crazy and make your cupcakes look extra cute!

Thanks for the compliment Zara!

7. Eileen says:

I had the pleasure of eating one of these cupcakes. They taste as good as they look. Thanks Melody!

8. April says:

These are really cute! I love transfer sheets, your have some really pretty ones!

9. chocolate lover says:

these are amazing!! thank you for sharing your grest ideas. i can’ wait to try them! have you ever thought of using luxury chocolate in your recipes?

10. admin says:

Chocolate Lover: I check out your link and thought it was a great website. When you mean luxury chocolate though are you just talking about using good quality chocolate over coating/candy chocolate? If so, I have to say that I always use good quality chocolate in my recipes, but wanted to make this technique of using transfer sheets easy for everyone so I chose to go with coating chocolate instead. Well, thanks so much for the comment and suggestion..it’s so nice to hear from people.
    April & Eileen- Thanks for the comments too!

11. These look great! I like your blog!

12. Cyndi says:

Made the cupcakes and man, oh man…..it was like eating a giant Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup (but 10x better)! Unfortunately, I had to part with them and give them to hubby for his party. That might be a good thing though, because I could have totally eaten the whole batch.

13. admin says:

I am soooo happy that you tried these Cyndi! That makes my day! I am glad that you liked them as much as I did!

14. Nina says:

My first visit to your site and I am totally stunned. I do not think I have seen a better dressed cupcake in my entire life. Wow. I wish I could sink my teeth into one of those.

15. admin says:

Wow Nina…thanks so much for the compliment! I checked out your blog too and love it! Thanks for stopping by!

16. Helen says:

Hi, just came across your blog…I love it! That peanut butter frosting is crying out to be made! Thank you for posting! Hx

17. Ammy says:

Chocolate and peanutbutter… oh how I love thee.. let me count the ways…

18. Aran says:

super, super cute transfer sheets!!

19. admin says:

Thanks Helen, Amy, and Aran…I completely agree with your comments…PB & chocolate + cute transfer sheets…who could deny!

20. cakebrain says:

Oh my. I want those chocolate transfer sheets. The results look so artistic and polished!

21. OK,
    1. I love the choice of transfer sheets, I wanna buy em but need more $ and more excuses..
    2. As usual, your posts are spectacular.
    3. I love your background patterns for your pics..are they paper or fabric? Where do you get them? Very funky..I am all about the funk….hee hee hee.

Carrie

22. admin says:

Hi Carrie,
    So glad you like my blog! The chocolate transfer sheets are pricey, but totally worth it! Splurge a little..haha! I get most of my background papers (mostly used for wrapping paper) from Paper Source which has both online and retail stores. I also get Martha Stewart’s line of wrapping paper from Michaels. Hope that helps!

23. Jennifer says:

You are so very talented, your designs really inspire me.
    I do have one question about the chocolate cake recipe from Ina Garten. I made these tonight and the tops were a little sticky and kind of caved in… any ideas?

Thanks – Jennifer from Canada

24. Colleen says:

Cupcakes and use of transfer sheets are great! Love the idea of filling them with ganache too! Thanks for sharing. :-)