More Photos From the Weekend!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I wanted to share with you more photos of treats I made this last weekend. The cupcakes were for my friend’s bridal shower (they go with the bridal shower cookies I posted earlier). The cupcake flavors were (1) Chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream, (2) Buttermilk cupcakes with lemon cream filling, vanilla buttercream frosting, and a raspberry and white chocolate stick on top, and (3) Chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter filling and cream cheese frosting. I also had a bridal shower to go to for one of my best friends, Karrie Pyke, who I’m doing the Silhouette Bride & Groom Cookies this May for her wedding. Her bridal shower theme was “shades of blue” so I made blue lingerie cookies for the shower. I wrote their initials on some of the cookies for a personal touch. And lastly, one of my other best friend’s parents had their 30th anniversary this past week and she wanted me to make them a cake for their celebration. The wanted me to make them the “Crazy Monkey Cake” that I had made for them a while ago, so I that’s what I did. It had banana buttermilk cake, peanut butter filling, and chocolate ganache frosting…yummy yummy! I wish I could’ve snuck a slice!

img_30071.jpg

img_30081.jpg

img_29981.jpg

img_29991.jpg

img_30021.jpg

img_30171.jpg

img_30141.jpg

img_30121.jpg

img_30151.jpg

Tags: , , ,

8 Responses to “More Photos From the Weekend!”

1. Aran says:

So cute!!! Love the bikini cookies. sexy!!!

2. Debbie says:

What type of fondant do you use? I don’t like the Wilton Fondant at all. I love your site! Makes me fat just looking at it!! LOL

Also, what recipe do you use for cookie frosting?

3. admin says:

Hi Debbie,
    I have been using Satin Ice Fondant, which a lot of cake shops use, but I am going to try making marshmallow fondant for the first this week. Everyone in the blog world says they love the taste. You can see a how-do tutorial at http://www.cakejournal.com, which is a great sight. For my cookies, I just use a regular royal icing (powdered sugar, egg whites, and lemon juice). You can see more information about my cookies on my post “Bride & Groom Silhouette Cookies”. Hope that helps you!
    Melody

4. You have been a busy baker! Beautiful work, as always! I love the cupcakes with the white chocolate stick – they are splendid. I bet they taste delicious also. Best!

5. linda says:

Love the underwear cookies!

6. Gigi says:

Love, love, love it all! Amazing! Keep up the fabulous work.

7. Kyla says:

Do yourself a HUGE favour when you go to make your MMF and use your kitchenaid with the dough hook. I generally end up adding 1-2 tsp more water with this method, and a dollop of crisco. Once it’s mixed I turn it out and knead it briefly before greasing it and wrapping it in cling film. If you’re going to colour the batch then mix the colour in with the marshmallows as you melt them.

8. admin says:

Thanks for the tips Kyla! I will be trying it out this morning!
    Thanks Gigi, Linda, and Cupcakery for sweet words too!