Lots of Sugar Cookies!

This past week I had a lot of sugar cookie orders too…probably my most in one week ever!  I love getting the chance to design custom cookies for clients and watch the smile on their face when they see the finished product for the first time.   This first cookie was made for the Delta Gamma Sorority house in Los Angeles.  Their sorority emblem was an anchor, so I matched their colors and added the girls names to the cookies.  The rope and anchor hole are my favorite part of the cookie!

img_36561.jpg

I have also been doing a lot of custom cookie orders for customers of Naples Gourmet Grocer, which is a specialty food store and cafe.  This first customer wanted animal cookies with pastel colors for their little boy’s birthday.  I found some animal cookie cutters at my local cake decorating store and was pretty happy with how they turned out!

img_36471.jpg

The next order I did for them was for another little boy’s 2nd birthday party and the mother wanted balloons, presents, the #2, and primary colors.  This order was for cookies and a cake.  The cake was chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream and I covered the cake in fondant.  I then colored some of the buttercream and piped on the decorations.

img_36691.jpg

img_36721.jpg

img_36751.jpg

Besides birthday orders, I also did a graduation cookie order for a friend of mine who I went to high school with.  Her theme for the party was flamingos so I did graduation caps and flamingos for her.

img_36631.jpg

img_36601.jpg

And lastly I just finished doing some tuxedo and wedding dress cookies for Ever After Events in San Diego.  They wanted a gift for their newly married couples and I think that this was a great choice!

img_3921.jpg

I would love to hear which one you liked the best!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

34 Responses to “Lots of Sugar Cookies!”

1. Danica says:

Obviously, I love the grad caps and flamingos! Thank you again so much, everyone loved them and they were a huge hit at the party. You are amazing! :)

2. Eileen says:

It’s too hard to decide…but if I have to choose, it has to be the tuxedo and wedding dress and the flamingos. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a flamingo cookie. It all looks fabulous.

Eileen

3. Rachel says:

These are just gorgeous! Absolutely love the bride and groom – are they from cutters or done by hand? Also do you use royal icing to fill in the cookie?

4. heather paul says:

Hi,

would you like to take a llok at the Membership application for the NASFT,the National Association for the Specialty Food Trade? Your products would be a fit.

Heather

5. April says:

I love them all!! I would love to have the flamingo’s at my daughters b-day party! They are precious!

6. Landa says:

I love them all but my faves are the anchors. Must be the former sailor in me. Great job.

7. wenday says:

i love the animals, they’re so cute! i wouldn’t even bare to eat them up if i recieved these when i was a little girl :P

the wedding cake from the previous post is very pretty as well, well done!

8. Mandy Sessler says:

They all turned out so good. How in the world did you have enough time to make all this stuff in one week…no wonder you didn’t get any sleep! I would have to say that my favorites are the anchors (I am so going to buy this cookie cutter) and the flamingos. I have always loved the flamingo cookie cutter, but just didn’t have anything to use it for. So cute! You are so talented!!!

9. Aran says:

it’s good to be so busy!! and it doesn’t surprise me because those are adorable!

10. brozy says:

The tux and wedding dress and flamingo are my favorite, too. And also the zoo animals (it’s a hippo cookie! I love hippos!).

11. Ayana says:

i like the anchors best. your work is great. i hope to one day be good like you.

12. naomi devlin says:

It’s the tux and wedding dress, but I also love the birthday cake. You have a lovely way with the icing pen!

x x x

13. chelsea says:

I LOVE your sugar cookie work. You emailed me a couple weeks ago about my recipe for French Silk Pie and I have to apologize I never sent it!
    I’m in the process of moving and that cookbook is in storage. So look for it in the next week or so. It’s worth making once just to try it out and the instructions are very detailed.

14. Stephanie says:

Everytime I pull up your blog, you have done another fabulous creative job and I just am so envious of your talent! I love the animal cookies and the bride and groom the very best, but they are all sooooo cute!

15. Prudence says:

I love all of those fabulous cookies! You are truly an artist! I will take the flamingo ONLY because I am in Florida…. Otherwise, I would take all of them!! Great job girl!

16. Gorgeous cookies. I love the anchors and the wedding set. They are all so adorable and make me wish we had fun, cute cookies cutters like those here! Great job!

17. Jana says:

Melody, whatever you do, you do it just perfect! perfect shapes, designs, colors, decoratings… my son loved the animal cookies – I preferred the groom and bride ones.

18. Aimee says:

I can’t decide which are my favorites, although the lion is adorable, and the detail on the brides’ dress is stunning. I can’t wait to see what you do for Christmas!! Give is some ideas in advance, OK? :)

19. DLB says:

I love the cute flamingo! These all look amazing.
    Thanks for your comment on my blog – I appreciate your feedback.
    I’m going to try to make some cookies for my lil sister’s bridal shower, but I think I’ll stick with a simple heart shape… I’m not sure I’m up to the challenge of creating some of the awesome stuff you do yet! :)

20. noble pig says:

You are such an amzing baker an artist!

21. Sara (Sis) says:

Absolutely adorable! All of them are amazing and the details are perfect. I love the animals! I have never seen animal cookies actually look like the animals:) Great Job

22. doreen says:

Holy cannoli — were you ever busy! Love the flamingo cookies and the cake! Nicely done!

23. nayeli says:

All of them are so cool, love them all… the flamingos, tuxedo and wedding dress are my favorites.

24. Shawna says:

I love the anchors the best. But they are all awesome.

How far in advance would you suggest making cookies? I’m planning on making some for my son’s second birthday on June 1st.

Thanks! *S

25. admin says:

I just wanted to let everyone know how encouraged I was by all of your comments. Your guys are always so supportive and I appreciate everyone of your comments.
    Shawna- I would suggest making the cookies 1-2 days before the party. These cookies can actually last up to 1 1/2 weeks are still taste really good (they just get a little harder). I would always recommend sealing the cookies in an airtight container like a ziplock bag or plastic container after you have let the icing dry. Good luck with the cookies!

26. Sophie says:

I like all these cookies equally, you did a fine job with each and every one of them! I don’t know if I’d have the patience to pull off decorating a cookie this nicely :). Great job. Wish I could try one :).

27. justJENN says:

You are awesome. The detail on the anchor is fabulous.

28. Your cookies are lovely! What a great job, decorating cookies is fun but lots of work!

29. Astrid says:

My you are an artist! It must take forever to make each cookie. I love all of them. Perhaps the animal cookies are my favorite. I’m sure the recipients of these customized cookies feel very special.

30. Mama Bear says:

I love love love those cookies! All of them!!!

31. Gila says:

I am planning on giving out anchor cookie favors at my son’s first birthday and just loved the way you decorated the one for your sorority client. Do you take orders that can be shipped to the San Francisco area? Thanks. Gila

32. DivaDivine says:

As a Delta Gamma, I love, love, love the anchor cookies!!!!! Your website is amazing and your creations are magnificent!!! I will be back, often!!!!!!

33. Trish says:

Hi, great job. I love the extra width on the anchor cookie. Where did you get the cutter from? All the ones I have seen are a little thinner. Thanks and love reading all you fun things!

34. Amanda says:

These are amazing. I am going to try and do anchor cookies for my husband’s Navy graduation.