Anniversary Trip to Jin Patisserie!!!

As you know I do love sharing part of my life and travels with my blogging friends so I couldn’t pass up the chance to share some yummy photos from my trip to Jin Patisserie!  A couple weeks ago I celebrated my three year anniversary and my husband took me out for a fun filled trip to Venice again where we ate yummy food and shopped till we dropped…I think I have an addiction to Anthropologie!  So here are some photos from the day…enjoy!

As you will see from the mass amount of dessert photos I couldn’t pass up the chance to sample many of their desserts…this first photo is of their Passion Cake….think mascarpone, passion fruit, and fresh mango. It was so refreshing, creamy, and light, not to mention gorgeous…I loved it!

This next dessert was their Abbot Cake, named after the street the patisserie is located on.  They describe it as “Caramel banana over a honey walnut sponge cake, filled with dark chocolate cream made with semi-sweet chocolate cocoa”…can you DELICIOUS!!!  This was my husband’s favorite!

We also couldn’t pass up sampling their macaroons.  We tried the Caramel Fleur de Sel and the Pistachio. Both were scrumptious!

Lastly, we tried some of their chocolates.  My memory might be failing me here, but I think we ordered the Cinnamon, Green Tea, and Sea Salt Caramel.

Overall, we had a wonderful anniversary and our trip to Jin Patisserie lived up to all the dreams I had in my head.  Definitely check it out if you are in the area!

Tags: , ,

47 Responses to “Anniversary Trip to Jin Patisserie!!!”

1. Sarah says:

Wow! What a great anniversary trip! Venice is such a magical city and an excellent way to spend an anniversary. (Not to mention the great food!)

2. Look at you so cute with your hat! Congratulations for the anniversary! I’ve drooled over Jin patisserie website a lot of times, good to know it lives up to its name! All sweets you ate look delicious and thanks for sharing!

3. Sheenah says:

Aww, it looks like you two had fun. Happy Anniversary!

4. Kris says:

Love your hat!! Looks like fun! I can’t wait to get down there to the LA area, as there are a couple of bakeries I want to go to. My mouth was watering!
    Hey, do you know who Tyrone Wells is? We adore him, and his music, and your husband resembles him a bit. If you don’t know about him, go to his site. He is a Christian man, used to be a worship leader at an Orange County church, and now pursues his music full time. He has worship CD’s and contemporary. He is wonderful.

5. Carrie says:

I Love Love Looove your hat! :-)

6. Becky says:

Looks amazing! My husband is always making fun of me for taking more pictures of desserts on our dates than of him, so I can totally relate to your pictures. Thanks for sharing!

7. Aimee says:

YUM! Those desserts are stunning. I love the last photo with all the shades of blue. Very cute.

8. PaniniKathy says:

What a delectably successful trip!! And I hear you about the Anthropologie addiction. When we were dating, my husband was trained early on that if we ever passed an Anthropologie store, we were heading in! :-)

9. Ingrid says:

Happy anniversary! Loved the hat and the desserts looked gorgeous…like abstract works of art. I’ve alwasy wondered if they tasted as good as they look…..guess I’ll have to take your word for it.
    Ingrid :-)

10. Susan says:

Happy anniversay! You guys look so cute! What an awesome and delicious looking trip.

11. Jana says:

Hi Melody, the sweets look so delicious. But…. I really enjoy YOUR sweets, desserts, cakes… so pls let us have few more pictures of “how to” to learn more…. thank you!
    But I must agree with Ingrid – you both look so cute and very happy! I wish you (as the Greeks say) to make it 100 years together!

12. Lore says:

Happy anniversary guys! I’ve already picked my favourites to sample taste in case I’ll ever drop by: passion cake and cinnamon chocolate :D

13. Jessica says:

You guys are so cute!!! Those desserts look amazing and I find myseld wishing I didn’t live all the way on the opposite side of the country! Happy Anniversary!

14. grace says:

wow. obviously i love seeing pictures of gorgeous desserts, but i also really enjoy pictures of my fellow bloggers themselves. great post, and happy anniversary! :)

15. Alexa says:

Those desserts look like works of art. Happy anniversary!

16. Tanja says:

Thanks for posting about this patisserie. I checked out the website and couldn’t stop drooling. The next time we head up to LA, we will definitely have to check it out.

17. chefectomy says:

M- happy anniversary, what a lovely day for you two. I can’t begin to tell you how much I love caramel, fleur de sel and pistachio. Combining that with a macaroon is a true joy. I had a caramel macaroon at Thomas Keller’s Bouchon Bakery this week – amazing.

–Marc

18. deanna says:

when I started to read this, I was like “Wow, a trip to Italy for her third anniversary! I’m going to show this to my hubby” and then I realized it was right here in California. Everything looks so mouth watering and fancy….love all the photos too. We will have to check that out next time make it down there. Happy Anniversary!

19. Kristen says:

Wow – all those desserts. Sounds like a perfect day!
    Love your hat!!

20. nina says:

WOW!!!!!! I’ll make sure my hubby reads this. Although I dare not complain. Last year’s anniversary I was send for a full day spa treatment. This year’s one is still coming up. I bet you found such inspiration there!

21. Emiline says:

Look at you! You’re so cute. I love the hat. I try wearing hats, but I don’t know. I can’t pull it off. Happy anniversary!

This looks like a fun trip. I would enjoy eating all of those decadent desserts. I’ve always wanted to try a macaron.

22. JacqueOH says:

Ooooh, I’m so jealous! Those look like some fabulous desserts. I really love that swirly chocolate decoration on the first one.

Happy Anniversary!

23. Jenn says:

Glad you had a nice time, everything looks so good !

24. Tanya says:

The desserts are so pretty! Almost too pretty to eat. You look adorable :)

25. Prudence says:

You look FAB in that hat! Way too cute!! Happy Anniversary! Those desserts arer makin’ me hungry! They are truly gorgeous!

26. cakebrain says:

Awww. you two are so cute together! and you’re practically newlyweds still. What a romantic way to celebrate together!

27. Jenny says:

You guys are the cutest couple ever! All of your pictures are great and those desserts have me drooling! Love you cute hat!

28. Aran says:

i share your addiction for anthropologie! i have heard great things about jin patisserie… i’d love to visit one day!

29. Pam says:

What a special way to spend your anniversary – YUM. By the way, I love your hat.

30. Jodie says:

Ooh, the next time I’m up in Venice I’ll have to check that out. Those macaroons looks amazing!

31. pictures are beautiful ~ pastries look way ovvverrrr the top beautiful! have a fantastic time in venice!

32. Maria says:

Yum, Yum, and Yum!! Great photos!

33. DanaD says:

Happy Anniversary! You guys look so very in love!

34. Tartelette says:

Good thing there is no Anthrologie where I live because I have a feeling I’d be there all the time! I am a hat girl so I dig your hat and love seeing more women wearing them! You guys look adorable and drop dead gorgeous, both of you! Happy Anniversary!

35. bobby says:

Looks like a good time, with alot of good food, yummy!

36. Those desserts are works of art! I’ll have to be sure to sample Jin next time I’m down that way…thanks for doing the dirty work of testing them for us :)

And happy anniversary! you look perfect together…

37. Laurie says:

Those desserts look fabulous!

38. Dana says:

I know this is about the food – but your hat is fabulous!

Happy Anniversary!

39. cindy says:

happy anniversay and how happy you both look! what a fun day out. beautiful!

40. Hannah says:

What an incredible spread! Happy anniversary! :)

41. Mushka says:

Happy aniversary! All of it looked great! I hope you had some fun!

42. Jude says:

Everything looks so good – awesome pictures. You guys make a cute couple!

43. Hi Mel! What a fun day! I tagged you on my blog, check it out. Best!!

44. decadent – who does not love macaroons!

45. diva says:

happy anniversary! i wanna go to Venice too!! :) the pastries and little sweets look fantastic but you know what? i think i like your hat best. it’s cool x

46. venus says:

Happy Anniversary!!

Im so envious! I want to eat everything that you had! Jin Patisserie is on my must-visit shop list and so is Patisserie Chantilly from South Cal!

BTW, you’re not alone cos I’m addicted to Anthropologie too. Love their kitchen stuff the most =)

47. Irene says:

I LOVE Jin Patisserie! Next time, you should try their afternoon tea menu, it has a small sampling of many of the desserts and a tiny macaron. And the tea selection… out of this world delicious. Happy anniversary!