Lots of exciting things have been happening for me these last couple months and so I do apologize for the lack of posts, but I am happy to share my news with all of you! I am so ecstatic to announce that my new business website is finally finished! There are still some things that need to be added, but overall I am really happy with it and couldn’t wait any longer to share it with you. My new site is Sweet & Saucy Shop and I would love for you to check it out and give me any feedback you have. My sweet husband, Tim, and one of my best friends, Karrie, created my site for me and I am so blessed to have their love and support for my business. If you are looking for a great blog or website definitely check out their sites…24 Medium & Karrie Pyke Designs. Some other exciting news happened this week…I was featured in Karrie’s wedding photos that were published on one of the top wedding blogs Style Me Pretty!!! I absolutely love Style Me Pretty and have always dreamed of having my products featured on their site.
I have also been working on some new cake designs this past week and will continue to do so this coming week. I feel like I go through periods where I am really into cookies, then cupcakes, and finally now cakes. I definitely get bored doing the same thing over and over again, which is why I love having the flexibility to try new things. So here are some photos of some recent cakes I made. I would love to hear which one you like the most and why, so please drop me a comment and share your thoughts. I tried some new techniques while decorating these cakes and will be sharing more of the details with you in future posts, but just to clarify some questions I know I will be asked I will share some of the details now. Well, here come the photos!
No, I did not hand pipe this…this cake was done with cake stencils, which I absolutely love! I will do a more detailed post on how this process is done in the near future and give all my tips and techniques!
I really do like simplistic cakes that have one focal point, so I chose a gorgeous dahlia to be the star this time.
For this cake I had Karrie design some graphic flower images for me and I printed them on frosting sheets and then applied them to the cake. Very modern, graphic, and simplistic I think. Again, I will be doing a more detailed post on this technique in the future.
And for this last cake I got inspired when I went to my local flower shop and saw this lovely, rustic branch and these button mums. I think this four tier type of cake works well with it too.
Before I end my post I wanted to share 6 random facts about myself with you since I was tagged by The Cupcakery…
1) I was actually going to be a school teacher and had almost finished my whole degree when I decided to switch careers and go into pastry school.
2) I have been dying to travel more and can’t wait until I get to go to Europe again…I would love to live in Florence for a couple months!
3) I am a Farmer’s Market fan and love checking out any and every one!
4) I grew up with foster brothers and sisters and now my sister has three gorgeous foster daughters that she is about to adopt…I definitely was blessed with inspiring parents.
5) My husband is the one that convinced me to start a blog and I will be forever thankful to him for that.
6) I actually knew my husband in jr. high, but we didn’t start dating until right after high school and then lasted through college and the rest is history…
Well, hope you enjoyed the random facts and don’t forget to check out all the links at the top!