Mini Desserts & Sugar Cookies

I am so excited to share photos with you from some of my last events.  This last week was my busiest yet for my business and by the end I was physically aching, but it was all worth it.  I also celebrated my 25th birthday this last Monday and am so excited that one of my birthday presents is going to be a trip to Florida to the Notter School of Pastry Arts where I will be lucky enough to take a three day cake decorating class from Colette Peters!!!  Colette is simple AMAZING and I can’t wait to watch her in action and learn some tricks of the trade.  So get ready for some fun posts in October as I document my class.  I have also never been to Florida, so if any of you have any “must eats” let me know!

Well enough about that, lets get onto the desserts!  So this last week I had an order for 1,000 mini desserts for my church’s leadership & launch party.  The fun part about this menu is they left the choices up to me, so I got to try a couple new dessert ideas and play around with fun presentation ideas.  Overall the party went really great, but as I said earlier…I was so happy when it was all over.  Here are some photos of the goodies!

My Grandma’s famous caramelized party mix (not the savory kind).  This stuff is beyond addicting…don’t doubt it’s deliciousness!  I thought it would be fun to put them in paper cones, so I had my husband build me a custom paper cone holder that turned out just perfect!

Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting!

Chocolate cups filled with Chocolate Mousse and topped with Valrhona Crunchy Chocolate Pearls.

A view of one of the tables.  My brother-in-law made me this stand!  It is perfect because each part comes off…there is a total of 6 tiers, so it is nice that I can customize it to any party size.  Thanks Wes!

Mini Monster Cookies…peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chunks, M&M’s, and lots of sugar!

Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Pies with Oreo Crust and Chocolate Ganache Swirl.

Mini Keylime Pies!  Love the meringue tops!

Of course I couldn’t pass up a chance to use Bakerella’s adorable idea of cake pops.  I did three different kinds…Red Velvet, Buttermilk Banana, and Chocolate. These are so tasty, so if you haven’t tried them out I recommend you do!

And finally a last view of one of the tables.

Besides that order I had another 500 cookie order, but this time it was for USC…of course it had to be due on the same day!  Anyways, they were throwing a huge volunteer recognition party and needed some sweet treats for their guests.  These cookies were again made with edible frosting sheets like my last order.  You can click here to see the whole process of the last order.

Thanks for taking the time to check out my photos!  I do love being able to share them with you!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

67 Responses to “Mini Desserts & Sugar Cookies”

1. Jude says:

Oh my.. Everything looks so beautiful.

2. Zoe Francois says:

I have to make mini desserts for 800 this weekend. This is an awesome display and totally inspiring!

3. admin says:

Thanks SO MUCH everyone for you comments! I really appreciated your birthday wishes, travel advice, and kind comments about my goodies. You guys always brighten my day!
    So sorry to all of you who were eyeballing the key lime pies and chex mix recipe…I have to keep these ones under wraps!!
    I will be posting some other yummy recipes though soon!

4. jan says:

wow! you are amazing! Plz more recipes.

5. Jaime says:

Wow, those look great. Wish I had been a volunteer.

6. Vera says:

Melody, you are amazing! Everything looks absolutely fantastic! You must be exhausted!
    And Very Happy Birthday and the Best Wishes to you!!!

7. Sweet Freak says:

You’ve got to be kidding me?! To echo all the others, you are amazing.

8. Anna says:

Hi Melody. I was wondering what kind of mold you used for the Chocolate cups filled with Chocolate Mousse. I can’t seem to find molds that have cavities in them around me. Thanks!

9. Meisha says:

Everything looks great!! You have given me some great ideas to do a wine and dessert bridal shower this fall. Thanks.

10. Jamie says:

Those mini desserts are so adorable, and I love your cupcake tier. Do you have the recipes posted somewhere else? I also was wondering about the type of mold use for the chocolate cups.

11. Really eaxiting photo’s thanks for sharing

12. saba says:

How did you make the key lime pies? they look amazing

13. saba says:

Please can u ask ur br inlaw the dimensions of your cakestand and how did he make it. Thanku i love the set up.

14. Maria says:

I would like to try the cake pops & the key lime pies! Would you be willing to share the recipes ? Thanks

15. Janet says:

Hi
    Can I get your recipe for the chocolate peanut butter pies & Chocolate cups w/chocolate mousse?

16. Donald Rull says:

I would love this recipe if you would share…Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Pies with Oreo Crust and Chocolate Ganache Swirl. Incredible looking!

17. Kelly says:

I am making 500 mini desserts for my brothers wedding and am struggling on how to have them all decorated and delivered…so asking your advice. They are all in the freezer and plan to take them out 1-2 days before and put the frosting/filling on. But then do you cover your desserts and put in them in a refrigerator and take them out before the big day? How do you not get them messed up with the cover and/or do you frost them and leave them out room temperature? Please help!!!!