Citizen Cake & Tartine Bakery

Two of the places I knew I would have to visit during my trip to San Francisco were Citizen Cake and Tartine Bakery.  I have both of their cookbooks and have devoured them both page by page.  I was so happy I got the chance to dine at them and as you can see from the photos I enjoyed every moment of it.  So sit back and relax and drool over my lovely foodie photos from Citizen Cake!

Normally I don’t really like most of the breadsticks that restaurants put out at the beginning of the meal, but Citizen Cake changed my mind…these were delicious!

This was AMAZING!!!  Sadly I didn’t get any good photos of the mushroom risotto I had for dinner, but let me tell you…it was one of the best tasting dinners I have had in a while.

Of course I had to get my favorite dinner…A MOJITO!

This dessert was so yummy too!  It was their version of a deconstructed Red Velvet Cake.

Now onto Tartine…basically the best place for breakfast & dessert at the same time!

Now for a bite of pure heaven order one of those…their Pain Au Chocolate.

Their savory food is just as scrumptious!

And of course we had to buy those two little treats to eat back at the hotel!

Well, I have one more treat in store for you….I also stopped by a local gourmet grocery store since I heard that their homemade ice cream is to die for.   So here it is, the most delicious ice cream I have ever put my lips to from Bi-Rite Creamery!!!

It was soooo good!

I just wish I could’ve tried all of their flavors.

Just so you make sure you get the name…Malted Vanilla with Peanut Brittle and Milk Chocolate!  You have to try it!

Tags: , , , ,

23 Responses to “Citizen Cake & Tartine Bakery”

1. Jillian says:

Oh my goodness… is that one of their Rocher meringues?!?!?!??!?!? Those are to DIE for, all the cocoa nibs… oooooh… yummy.

2. Elaine says:

Me thinks you should be arrested for posting so many yummalicious treats! Way to go – sounds like you hit the best places and had a great time! :)

3. ingrid says:

AH, man, you’re not right! I, too have those cookbooks and have drooled over the yummy photos. And to cap it off you rub it in with some ice cream? Just not right! LOL!
    ~ingrid

4. Casey says:

All you S.F. pics are making me drool at my office desk. ;)

5. wow! just love the ffod you had enjoyed exploring! sometimes it is difficult to find sometime relaxing and enojoying something make by fantastic chefs! great to see you enjoying it! :)

6. This is just mean! Everything looks wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love mojitos too, let’s have one some time and eat pastries?

7. Kris says:

Oh-La-La!!

8. Jude says:

I’ll be sure to visit these places when I find myself around SF. Delicious pictures.

9. zenchef says:

OMG.. i’m drooling after looking at all these pictures!
    And the pain au chocolat…yum!!
    Looks like you had a nice time in SF!

10. Emiline says:

Oh man. Everything looks so good!!! You must have been going crazy.
    Pain au chocolate are the BEST. Ahhh, drool

11. * tonya * says:

This looks so so delicious. Must remember not to look at your site after dinner. I suddenly feel hungry again. Off to pore over halloween candy … and it won’t taste nearly as good as all of this did.

12. Maria says:

Every time I go to SF I am in food heaven. I love Tartine!! Glad you made it and I have been to Bi rite but didn’t have room to order anything:) Miette is my favorite bakery!! I will have to try Citizen Cake next time we go!!

13. Mel,
    I love Tartine! Eric and I use their cookbook all the time. Thanks for this yummy looking post!

14. mycookinghut says:

The pain au chocolat looks extremely yumnmy!

15. Wow! Everything looks soo good! Would love to sample all these ;-)

16. Lisa says:

OMG! I am so hungry right now. What beautiful pictures you take!

17. hey world traveler… just because you are you… How about a blog award? Congratulations!

18. Jacque says:

Wow, that looks like a fantastic trip, and sunny too. I’m happy for you that it turned out so wonderful and you got to sample so many awesome foods and confections.

19. Vera says:

Great photos, amazing menu, Melody!

20. dlb says:

Hey!

Great pics… I’m totally salivating!
    I’ve given you an award… check it out at my site!

DLB

21. Aran says:

oh yes! thanks for sharing these photos. Tartine is definitely one of my favorite books now and I;’d love to visit as well. Enjoy your trip! Also, if you can, try to visit the ICI Ice Cream Shop in Berkeley (http://www.ici-icecream.com/)

22. Oh NO what a killer quest: food traveling! I LOVE the looks of the treat and OH MY GOODNESS what are you doing to me showing pix of the creamery’s gorgeous ice cream when you know I can’t have a bite of it!?

I forgive you. The picture, oh dear me, the picture is enough to send me to bliss.

23. sharyl says:

oh wow. i am so drooling over these pictures! i’ve only been to SFO once and thanks to your post i will list places to go to for next time!