Thanks again for all of your kind comments! I absolutely loved reading them and they truly brighten my day! I have been doing a couple cakes here and there and wanted to wait and post them all at the same time. So hopefully you enjoy the photos and possibly even get some ideas for cakes you want to make at home. The first cake is a wedding cake I did this past weekend. The couple wanted a Tiffany Blue Square Cake with an Asian feel. They wanted small twisting branches and white dogwood flowers. I was quite happy with how this cake turned out and thankfully it had no glitches along the way and was quite fun to make.
The branches were made out of modeling chocolate and the dogwood flowers were handmade with a mixture of gumpaste and fondant. I glued the flowers onto the cake with white coating chocolate that sets up quickly and piped brown royal icing in the middle of the flowers for the center.
This next cake was one that I made a while back for a two year olds birthday party. The theme was Mickey Mouse Club House. Sadly I forgot to take a photo of the final completed cake and I have never received a photo from the family, but I thought that I might as well post some photos of parts of the cake. This cake was quite a challenge and very technical to make. It was basically a full sheet cake that had different parts of Mickey Mouse’s Clubhouse on it. Overall it turned out good, but was a headache to make.
This last cake was one that I made for my mother-in-law. She was throwing a party for a friend’s birthday and needed a cake, so she said I could experiment with one. I tried a new recipe of a chocolate cake with chocolate salted caramel ganache and salted caramel sauce…it was quite tasty, but hard to work with. For this cake though I wanted to play around with using printed edible frosting sheets, so I scanned in one of my favorite scrapbooking papers and then printed it out on the frosting sheets. I then wrapped them around the cake and piped a green royal icing border. Then I added the plain white fondant top cake and added a sugar flower to it. It was quite a tricky cake, but I learned a lot and now want to experiment even more with this technique.
Hope you enjoyed the photos…thanks so much for taking a look!