San Francisco – Ferry Plaza Farmer’s Market

Well, like I said in the last post my trip to Florida got cancelled so we packed up the car and drove six hours to San Francisco.  We had an absolutely amazing time and packed so many fun places into 3 days and of course all of the places were food related!!!  This post is going to be all about my trip to the Ferry Farmer’s Market.  I have been waiting years to go and it completely lived up to all of my expectations. So here are some photos of the many, many places we had the pleasure of eating at….

One of the first stops along the way was to Miette Patisserie!  They actually have two different locations and we got a chance to eat at one and at least peer into the other one at night.  Everything we ate there was amazingly delicious and absolutely gorgeous.

Here is a photo of the confiserie at night.

The next stop in the day was to Recchiuti Confections and Scharffen Berger Chocolate…both extremely yummy!

Next on the list was something a little savory, so we stopped by Acme Bread and The Cowgirl Creamery. Then we went outside and enjoyed the day!

Tim even enjoyed an oyster…something I just couldn’t bring myself to do!

Before leaving we also stopped by Ciao Bella Gelato…one of my favorite gelato places!

From the photos you can see that we had a day full of fun and lots of food!  Get ready for some more photos!

Tags: , , ,

27 Responses to “San Francisco – Ferry Plaza Farmer’s Market”

1. CB says:

I love SF! It’s one of my absolute fav cities. I haven’t been there in a few years since my brother finished at Berkeley but I was just telling my hubs the other day that we need to go back soon. I am definitely hitting up Miette b/c I want that blue cake stand in the back of your picture! Glad you and T had a great time :)
    /Clara

2. ann says:

great pics. i definitely need to go to san francisco sometime.

i really, really love how that chocolate place displays their chocolates. so unique.

3. Maria says:

Miette is my favorite bakery. Every time we go to SF it is a must stop…so is the market. It is a food lover’s paradise!! Glad you had fun!! Great photos, now I need to plan my next trip there.

4. doreenre says:

Awwww, I miss my city! Lived there for 10 years before moving away in 2006! The Ferry Building’s farmer’s market is THE BEST! Looks like a great trip!

5. Aimee says:

Miette: Is that cake stand heaven or what? Looks like a fabulous trip. In my opinion, touring cities should always be centered around food.

6. ingrid says:

Looks like you guys had a FAB and full bellied time!

I’m still bummed that you didn’t get a chance to visit the Sunshine State so that you could have fallen in love with it and moved out immediately to start teaching classes over here. Oh, well, maybe next time!

~ingrid

7. Tiffany says:

glad you had such a lovely trip! (those cupcakes look delicious)!

8. Megan says:

SF is one of my favorite cities to visit – and it sure looks like you had a wonderful time. I can’t think of a better way to spend time in the city than by visiting all of the terrific food shops!!

9. Kris says:

I love SF! I haven’t been in a few years. You make me want to go now!!! The places you visited looked delicious!

10. Coby says:

One should not be eating an apple when looking at photos like this! Just doesn’t cut it. Seems like you had a lot of fun, I hope you don’t feel sad about your trip being cancelled, because your SF break seems like a pretty reasonable replacement:)

11. bigboysoven says:

wow! I so envy you and wish I was there to going trough every cake boutique which I like to call them . . . . lovely!l

12. Jenny says:

What a fun trip! I love all the pics you snapped along the way! I know where I’ll be heading next time in San Fran, great post!

13. Kim says:

Fun, fun and more fun is what this trip looked like! I love SF and have not been there in years. Thanks for sharing some great photos of your food adventure. Your’e adorable btw.

14. im just jealous.

loved the orange coat by the way! you are so chic!

15. snookydoodle says:

you visited alot of nice places. I m jealous :)

16. cakebrain says:

I left my stomach in San Francisco! what a wonderful trip you had! I just love the city and every time I visit (I have relatives living there) I see something amazing. It’s a foodie city, and I totally wish I could have gone to all the places you did!

17. bigboysoven says:

hey! come over to check out the wedding cake that i crafted!

18. Vera says:

Melody, it seems like you had a wonderful time! The photos are beautiful! Oh, I need a vacation…

19. Christy says:

Ahhh. Foodie heaven. Im so jealous.

20. Megan says:

Thank you for this post. My husband and I are headed there in March and now I am even more excited!

21. dessert_girl says:

Don’t you just love Miette? They have the world’s best toffee!

22. Nicisme says:

I’ll pass on the oysters too, but the rest is pure heaven!

23. Emiline says:

You are gorgeous!

This sounds like an amazing trip. Of course I am so jealous, though. San Fran seems like the place for a foodie.

24. Y says:

I love all your photos! I hope to visit SF one day. Judging by those pictures, I’m thinking I’ll need to do a lot of exercise beforehand! ;P

25. Chrissy Padilla says:

Melody! Great website and blog. Looks like you’re doing (and making) some great things. Can’t wait to catch up.

26. Lori Crane says:

Mel you are a girl who loves food as much as I do, how do you stay so thin? You are doing a wonderful job. I love your pictures

27. Cindy says:

It was such a pleasure to see some of my favorite local places listed here. San Franciscans and those of us who live I the Bay Area are very lucky to have access to all the wonderful places you visited as well as many you didn’t get a chance to see. Three days is not long enough to experience all of the amazing places to tickle your taste buds around here! I love bi-rite but my heart always goes to Mitchell’s, I love their Macapuno ice cream. It almost fulfills my craving for the coconut ice cream that I had in Thailand. Next trip you should make time to eat at the Slanted Door in the Ferry Builiding, still one of my favorirtes even though they moved out of the Mission.