Christmas Decorated Sugar Cookies

Well, I just finished decorating some Christmas sugar cookies with my sister and I wanted to share them with you!  My sister doesn’t have a background in baking or decorating at all, but has always been very artistic so just recently we started working together and I began showing her how to decorate cookies, cupcakes, and cakes.  Well let me tell you…she is one of my best students yet!!!  She is so amazing and catches on very quickly!  We have been having such an amazing time together decorating and chatting away!  Here are some of the fruits of our labor, plus a few from last year…hope you enjoy!

Thanks for taking a look!  I would love to hear which one is your favorite!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

68 Responses to “Christmas Decorated Sugar Cookies”

1. Kristen says:

Those are the most beautiful cookies ever! How did you do the metalic frosting color? I love it! Great job – you should sell these!

2. Bridget says:

They are so pretty! I just saw them on Martha Stewart’s website (“cookie creations”) and searched for your blog. I love how you made the bow on your package cookie and the red & gold cookies!

3. Jude says:

I feel my neck creaking just from looking at your intricate designs. Amazing.

4. Whitney says:

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!

I do not have the patience for sugar cookies. But I sure like to eat them. These are not ones I would have the heart to eat. Absolutely stunning. I love the purple ornament one.

5. Emily says:

Gorgeous cookies! I love the pale blue snowflake cookie. Although all of them are perfect looking.

6. Laurie says:

OMG, I am also doing snowflake cookies for a friend’s party. If you get the chance can you please send me step by step instructions on how to decorate and supplies needed. thanks, you are a life saver.

7. Mel,

I love the gold and red. They look so awesome!

8. allison says:

i think the way they get the gold and silver colored icing is they frost with white icing first and then sprinkle with gold or silver shimmer dust. Its made by wiltons and sold at michaels

9. you’re pretty great Mel!!! WOW!

10. Talent must run in the family. You and your sister made such beautiful cookies! They’re wonderful! Happy holidays!

11. Pupa says:

Wow! I can’t believe how splendid these colors look! The violet and green seems more like some luxurious fabric than cookie! (also I had a nailpolish in exactly the same green ;)
    Just found your blog and have to say you are really tallented! good luck with your studio!

12. Deborah says:

Your cookies are ever so pretty! I’ve started decorating sugar cookies for friends and family, and have gotten several ideas from your photos. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Would you mind emailing me with how you achieved the sparkle in the (green, silver and gold) icings? Did you brush the finished product with different colours of luster dust, or did you incorporate something right into the icing during mixing? Thanks in advance.

13. Katherine says:

How do you achieve the shimmering base coats?Beautiful!!

14. paige says:

These cookies are gorgeous! My sister in law is coming home for christmas and we are going to bake cookies, do you think you could send the frosting recipe?

15. Vilma says:

Can you tell me how you get the shimmering effect? Do you paint on luster dust?

I would love to get the same effect on my cookies. Your cookies are just stunning!

16. Jay says:

I hope you have a business selling these, because if you don’t, you should! Wow! Beautiful – hope they taste as good as they look, but I wouldn’t have the heart to ruin one by eating it. My favorite is the first one – the silver metallic & white snowflake – very classy

17. Emma says:

I love the 9 one. How did you get the circles and dots? My brothers loved the pictures of them!!

18. Valerie says:

Do you use fondant or icing? and how do you get it to shimmer? You’re cookies are beautiful!