Valentine’s Day Cupcakes

Well, Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, so I wanted to share some photos of Valentine’s cupcakes that my sister and I came up with.  Some of the photos are from cupcakes I did last year, but most of them are new.  Later this week I will be giving a demo on how some of them are done.  I would definitely love to know which one is your favorite, so if you have time leave me a comment and let me know!

Thanks for checking them out!

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

68 Responses to “Valentine’s Day Cupcakes”

1. cakebrain says:

gee. gorgeous cupcakes! they all look so perfect!

2. Colleen says:

Love them all but my two faves are the one with the big red buttercream rose and dragees and the one with the red frosting and black heart!! Great designs!

3. Hmmm….looking at the cup cakes….suddenly so hungry. My stomach is growling. But how to make those cupcakes ?

4. Vi says:

OH MY GAWD! These are just too pretty to eat! Wish I can have them all!

5. Aimee says:

A long time ago, in a baking blog far, far away you visited my blog and were sweet enough to leave a comment. I’m FINALLY getting back to my comments now. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for your kind words.

You have a gorgeous blog! I can’t believe the work that you do. I would love to become more of a professional with my baking, but I’m too darn slow to work within a normal person’s timetable. I still have a habit of rereading my recipes ten times and I still end up forgetting something.

As to a favorite for your cupcakes…it’s pretty tough to choose, but I’d say that rose that’s sixth from the bottom has to be mine because my Grandmother’s name was Rose. I really like the fifth one down too.

Keep up the good work! Love your site and blog, nice design!

6. Megan Kocher says:

I particularly like the one in front in the fourth picture down. The bow is elegant and classy, yet the frosting underneath screems ‘eat me!’ Love it!

7. as always, everything looks delicious and is beautiful! there are so many great designs that i love, but if i had to pick a few of my favorites, they would be: 5, 6, 10, 11, 13, 14, & 19. i wish i had one right now that i could eat. they look amazing!

8. admin says:

Terra- Glad you like the recipe! I haven’t modified that particular one to be chocolate, but you should try the recipe from Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey which is a Chocolate Mousse Buttercream…I have it on the website, just put it in the search key…it is a winner!
    Shahar- The silver pearls can be bought in different sizes, so that is how I did it.
    Ingrid- I just use two liners when I want the cupcakes to look extra cute. I bake it in one and then place it in a second liner once it is cooled just so the color pops better.
    Samantha – I used a variety of icings, many of which I have linked on my blog. I used vanilla buttercream, swiss meringue buttercream, fondant, chocolate mousse buttercream, and royal icing for accents.
    Tracy- I used both black fondant and brown modeling chocolate. The modeling chocolate tastes better and is a little easier to work with since it holds its shape better.
    Snooky Doodle – Yes, I used red gel paste coloring…I just put a lot in and over time the color becomes more concentrated in the icing.

Thanks everyone else for your lovely comments!

9. Lisa Smiley says:

Hi! I love your cupcake art here..I got some chocolate transfer paper and love it, but i’m wondering how you cut it to the desired shape. I figured it would break if I tried.. please let me know! thanks! lisa

10. Lisa Smiley says:

Thank you!! I would not have thought you could cut it, so that’s great!! Thanks for sharing!

11. christy says:

Just beautiful.

12. Jude says:

The intricate details look so amazing. I think I’ll have to check out your tutorial now :)

13. Julie says:

wow, wow, wow…I am sure you got a lot of those…but WOW! you are very creative. An inspiration! thanks

14. Leree-Australia says:

I just love coming by to check out what you’ve been up to and get inspired. Your work is beautiful and oozes with enthusiam.
    I need to have a try with those cupcakes.
    Best wishes for all your mixing and baking!

15. Jessica says:

Gorgeous! I am linking to this post for one I am putting together about planning a kids’ valentine’s day party. Beautiful photos of your cupcakes too!

16. Ashley says:

Wow, beautiful job!

17. Rhiannon says:

Your pretty cupcakes were featured on my site this month :) Thanks for sharing your talent!

18. Shuswapcakes says:

Wow, those are seriously beautiful! You have such talent! Looking for some unique ideas for my website and I think I will try making some of these.

Thank you!