Chocolate Peanut Butter Molten Cake!!!

I thought I was in need of a jaw-dropping delicious recipe post, so I am pulling out the big guns and putting up the photos from the recent baking class I taught at Prep Kitchen Essentials in Seal Beach, CA. The class was on all chocolate desserts, so you can imagine how excited I was when it came to making the menu.  I couldn’t deny myself once I came across this delicious recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Molten Cakes…I knew I had to try it!  These little beauties were outrageously delicious and rich!  We made some other yummy treats at the class too…here was the menu:

Chocolate Peanut Butter Molten Cakes

Chocolate Malted Cheesecake with Shortbread Crusts

Chocolate Souffles

Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding with Espresso Cinnamon Sauce

Well, hope you enjoy the photos and the yummy recipe!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Molten Cakes
adapted from Food & Wine Magazine
1 stick plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, plus melted butter for brushing
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
6 ounces dark chocolate (70 percent cacao), chopped
3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar, plus more for sprinkling
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs, at room temperature
Pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 425°. Brush four 6-ounce ramekins with melted butter. In a small bowl, whisk the cocoa powder with 1 tablespoon of the flour; dust the ramekins with the cocoa mixture, tapping out the excess. Transfer the ramekins to a sturdy baking sheet.
In a medium saucepan, melt 1 stick of butter with the chocolate over very low heat, stirring occasionally. Let cool slightly.
In a bowl, blend the peanut butter with the 1 tablespoon of confectioners’ sugar and the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter.
In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the granulated sugar with the eggs and salt at medium-high speed until thick and pale yellow, 3 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the melted chocolate until no streaks remain. Fold in the 1/4 cup of flour.
Spoon two-thirds of the batter into the prepared ramekins, then spoon the peanut butter mixture on top. Cover with the remaining chocolate batter. Bake in the center of the oven for 16 minutes, until the tops are cracked but the centers are still slightly jiggly. Transfer the ramekins to a rack and let cool for 5 to 8 minutes.
Run the tip of a small knife around each cake to loosen. Invert a small plate over each cake and, using pot holders, invert again. Carefully lift off the ramekins. Dust the warm cakes with confectioners’ sugar and serve immediately.

Tags: , , , , , ,

27 Responses to “Chocolate Peanut Butter Molten Cake!!!”

1. The molten cake looks amazing! I’ve been wanting to make them with dulce de leche.

2. dulciefw says:

Those molten cakes look sensational! I can’t imagine anything more delectable.

3. April says:

Oh My gosh!!!! I don’t think that this could get any better!!! What a fantastic dessert!

4. Psychgrad says:

Oh yikes. This looks sinfully delicious. I’ve starred it for a special occasion.

5. Ashley Rose says:

I wanna take one of your classes =) those look delish!!!

6. justJENN says:

Whoa! Peanut butter heaven!

7. Oh wow, and I didn’t think there was anything better than chocolate lava cake.

8. So good I got you on the blog. YUM!

9. ingrid says:

Mmmm, that does look good! I wanna take one of your classes !!!
    ~ingrid

10. Maura says:

This is pure evidence that internet gluttony is divine. If I could eat the screen I would. :)

11. Lorelei says:

Yeah, these photos are drool worthy. Wish I could take a class.

12. nina says:

This is wicked to look at ……and not being able to taste it!!!! Peanut butter molden cakes….OMG heavenly!!!

13. Amy says:

YUM! That peanut butter oozing out is almost too much to handle!!!!! I must make that! Thanks for sharing.

14. sharon says:

You do realize, of course, that we’re going to need the other recipes you made as well…particularly the malted cheesecake and thechocolate chip bread pudding…PLEASE!

15. I love molten cakes! I’ve never seen one with peanut butter in the middle. Yum!

16. HL says:

Wow! What a great idea!

17. [...] Chocolate Peanut Butter Molten Cake at My Sweet and [...]

18. ladyironchef says:

my friend love her peanut butter, mayb will try baking this. haha thanks for the recipe and the lovely picture of the peanut butter lava flowing out. Oozing out!

19. Ooooh peanut butter and chocolate – my fav!
    - bri

20. A says:

Oooh, could we pretty pretty please have the recipe for the chocolate chip bread pudding with espresso cinnamon sauce?? yum!

21. michele says:

oh my… i don’t speak inglish ……… :(
    translate please…
    im brazilian =)

22. michelle says:

i was curious how many the chocolate peaut butter molten cake makes?

23. Wow i can’t stop i am hungry by seeing this mouth watering cakes:-)

24. After looking at this particular blog post I’ve chosen to sign up to your rss feed. I anticipate your coming posts will end up being just as helpful.

25. Kathy says:

I’ve tried the molten lava cake as is and it was to die for. Then made sererval times with variations to make it my own. The best one? Add caramel sauce on top of peanut butter filling. Top with french vanilla ice cream and drizzle with caramel…. Absolutely toe curling if you catch my drift.

26. Danielle says:

Delicious! I made these for my mom’s birthday (she’s a die hard peanut butter lover) and we all loved them! So delicious, I wouldn’t change anything.

27. deirdrebeth says:

Wow – I thirded the recipe to make a “single” serving and they were wonderful. I didn’t add the sugar to the peanut butter, and just sprayed the pans with cooking spray but other than that followed the recipe exactly.

The texture is almost fudgy in the center, and definitely more like a brownie than cake, and the peanut butter oozing out of the center was just divine!

Thanks :-)