Lots of Goodies

LIfe as usual is quite busy!  I have so many random photos of different orders that I have recently done, so I thought I would just do a post and shove them all in here! They were all a lot of fun to do and I hope you enjoy the photos!  Definitely give me your feedback if you have a chance…I love to hear your thoughts and opinions!

First off is a recent wedding that I did.  They venue was the Marvimon in Los Angeles…definitely my favorite venue yet!  If you are getting married in the Southern California area you have to check them out!  The bride and groom were such a pleasure to work with and I absolutely loved their whole wedding look!  The bride looked gorgeous (I am so bummed I didn’t get a photo of here in her adorable dress)!  The cake was buttermillk cake with lemon cream filling and fresh raspberries.  The cake was covered in vanilla buttercream and decorated with fresh flowers, black satin ribbon, and tiny white dots.

As you can see from the photo, the middle tier is twice the size of a normal tier.  It is basically two separate cakes stacked on top of each other and dowelled in the middle.  Then I just frosted it as one cake tier.  It is cut the same way you would cut any other cake…you just cut the first cake and then take off the cardboard base and continue cutting the next cake.

For their favors they decided to go with cake ball lollipops.  They choose buttermilk cake dipped in white chocolate and red velvet cake dipped in dark chocolate.  We then bagged and tied all 115 bags and put their monogram on the front.  I think these are such a great wedding favor and are quite tasty too!

These next treats were made for some of our corporate clients.  We printed their logo on edible frosting sheets and then placed them on our delicious sugar cookies and also made matching cupcakes to go with them.  For the cupcakes we placed the edible frosting sheet on a disc of fondant to give it stability.

This next cupcake was done for a friend of my sister’s.  She threw her friend a graduation party and wanted some cupcakes for the celebration.  I will be selling these fabulous liner’s along with many others on my website shortly!  If you want to order some right away just leave me a comment and I can email you all the information.

This next cupcake is from a small birthday order that I did.  I used a chocolate transfer sheet to get the fun design on top and then just colored the frosting and added some sugar sparkle to finish the look off.

This cake was made for one of my little brother’s friends.  He had a rock climbing birthday party and his mom wanted to surprise him with a fun cake to go along with it!  Here is a quick photo demo of how I did it.

And lastly, this final cake my sister and I made for an auction at my old high school.  The cake was red velvet with cream cheese frosting and then I covered the cakes in white fondant.  My sister made the gorgeous sugar flower and decorated the cake with black fondant lace.

Well, hope you enjoyed the random post of photos!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

44 Responses to “Lots of Goodies”

1. rae events says:

i want to dig into that first cake. it is beautiful, but even more so looks absolutely delicious!! i can’t get over the rock-climbing cake–awesome!!! and the last cake is fabulous. i love the contrast of the black and white and LOVE that flower. amazing, amazing, amazing!!

2. Chelle says:

Oh I just love all of your stuff, just adore it!

A quick question for you – how did you get your buttercream so absolutely perfect?? Any tips or tricks you’d be willing to share?

3. Nila Rosa says:

Gorgeous work. Absolutely stunning. I love the flower on the last cake.

4. justJENN says:

Yes, I am interested, where did you get the liners!?

5. april says:

beautiful as usual melody!

6. kim says:

everything looks so beautiful and perfect! great job on all of them! the sanding sugar on the outside of the cupcake just makes it so over the top scrumptious. i would eat that in a second!

7. Aly says:

Just LOVE them all- especially both the black & white ones! I love the anemone flower, any chance you could give a tutorial?? So creative, as usual! :)

8. You are so amazing! It was so great to meet you today and taste your insanely divine chocolate cupcakes with the kahlua frosting. I’m sorry my dog licked one of them :/ It was the single best thing he’s ever tasted in his life. He licked his chops for 5 minutes after. Have a fabulous week! Can’t wait to see you again!

9. lisa smiley says:

Absolutely beautiful! All of it. That wedding cake is amazing. How in the world do you get your buttercream so smooth?? I cannot do it! please help!

Thank you for sharing! I do want info on the liners, too! Thanks!

10. Jean says:

I have to tell you just how absolutely beautiful your work is. I especially like the last cake with the black bow. I would love to know how your did that. You and your sister are very gifted individuals, so artistic. You should be known as the Picasso of Pastry! LOL
    All kidding aside I love your work – thanks for the works of art!

11. Y says:

Great pictures! Everything looks so tasty.. and I won’t ask what you did with all the scraps from sculpting the rock climbing cake.. only that I wish you’d saved me some ;)

12. Wow Mel, everything is just gorgeous!

13. Wow, your work is exquisite. Wish you lived on the East Coast where I could take advantage of your work first hand.

14. Stef says:

I came from Tastespotting to get a closer look at the cupcake, but everything in this post was beautiful! Glad to have seen it all!

15. ingrid says:

LOVED that last cake! Your sister’s flower is absolutely gorgeous. I also love how you add that bit of sparkle to your cupcake’s edge. That bit of sugary sparkliness makes (IMHO) pretty cupcakes beautiful ones. I’m gonna search here for a tip on how to do it without a HUGE mess.
    ~ingrid

16. jana says:

Oh my God! Gorgeous! Lovely! I really love the last cake! …. you said, you were coming?… thank you! (just a joke!).

17. Everything looks amazing. The last cake is gorgeous. You both did a great job!

18. Elizabeth says:

Awesome stuff! How’d you get all the dots on that first cake so perfectly straight?

19. snookydoodle says:

Awesome! you never cease to amaze me :)

20. The sugar sprinkles really make your cupcakes look amazing! I will have to try this soon!

21. Kris says:

All gorgeous. But I am especially interested in the first one. I am doing a wedding cake on the 4th. Very similar style. I am wondering if I should try doing this?

22. Lindsey says:

These all look so beautiful, as well as tasty! I love them all!

23. Bunny says:

Everything is so pretty! I don’t know how you do it all so beautifully!

24. I love the black and white cakes – stunning. And I love the cake pop favors, what a great idea. If only I had known. I just want to thank you for all your explanations and photos. It is so exciting to see a master like you at work.

25. admin says:

Chelle & Lisa – I wish I had some quick tip to give you, but the technique I use would be so much easier if you could see it…hopefully one day I will put a video together or you can come to CA for lessons =)
    Aly – So glad you liked the flower! My sister and I will be teaching classes soon here in Long Beach, but for now I don’t think I will be giving full flower tutorials since they are so technical.
    Jana – Wish I had a ticket…I would come right away!
    Elizabeth – I used an impression mat…you can find the link on my last post!

26. Lindsay says:

Beautiful as always….one questions, how DO you get your buttercream so smooth?!

27. Lindsay says:

Nevermind, saw your answer…I am in CA but up north…I might need to make a special trip down to visit for some lessons! :)

28. Oh… beautiful!
    I do a “climbing cake” to , for my climbing husband! loll
    For his 50 years!
    The mountain is his passion!

If you want to see it:

29. Chelle says:

I would totally hop a plane to CA to see one of your demos! Just name the day and time :)

30. Carrie says:

Lovely work.. I come to your site often to get inspired. What size tip do you use to frost those adorable cupcakes?

31. Pam says:

All of the cakes are great but the last one is stunning!

32. Ryel j says:

I love the three tear black and white. I love all your cakes it’s so hard to pick one. Your sister’s sugar flower just rocks too :)

33. All of your goodies are beautiful and look delicious. What is the name of the little green flowers on the wedding cake? I used them in my wedding and trying to figure out what they are called, my florist called them kermits… :D

34. I was just drooling as I kept scrolling through all the images in this post. The first and last cake are just incredible and so unique!!! I live in South OC. Are you doing any of your classes in the area anytime soon?

35. thanks for the love over at C&C Mel! I must say…I do look forward to the day we can work together :) YOU, my friend impress me more and more each day. SO proud of you!! Ashlyn

36. Alison Bent says:

I’d love to know where to find those lovely bright paisley liners. I’d buy them now. However, I can’t wait for you to have your own online store, then I’ll be ordering like crazy. Thanks for such a beautiful and instructive site.

37. Clara says:

Beautiful cake, I love your work..

38. Jennifer says:

These are so beautiful! I just love that flower on the black and white cake

How do you attach a ribbon to a cake covered in buttercream and the ribbon does not get butter stained?

39. [...] about Melody’s artistic creations of the convection kind then please sit back and prepare to crave! I just can’t say enough about Melody… She is so kind, creative and just knows what [...]

40. Donna says:

What extraordinary talent you and your sister possess!! Those are brilliant cakes!!

41. I loved this post. Cakes are one of my favorite things to make. Thanks.

42. JL_DESIGNS says:

omg i LOVE anemones! especially the black and white ones! gorgeous cake!!!

43. Marilyn says:

It’s me again! I love your sugar flowers on your shower and various other cakes.
    I have a desire to learn to make them and I would like you to recommend a book for me to learn from. I also see many of your cakes are made from a white, buttermilk cake. You have provided us a chocolate cake recipe, which is turns out perfect for me every time; however, can you please share a popular white cake recipe? I am addicted to logging on your blog and I love everything you do!!!
    Your Saskatchewan friend, Marilyn

44. Lisa says:

Absolutely beautiful and fun! I was looking for inspiration for a baby’s 1st bday smash cake, but want it to be adorable, and a wedding cake for my sister. Such great ideas, you have found your niche and are definitely in the right business. Best of luck to you, your cakes are fantastic.