Eye Candy

Well, it has been quite a while since I have blogged!  Life has been very busy and full of lots of fun!  These photos are from some recent orders I did and I thought I would share them with you!

These first photos are of a recent bridal shower cake my sister and I made for my new sister-in-law to be! We knew we wanted to make a new type of sugar flower so my sister created this gorgeous pink garden rose. It was so beautiful that I thought it should be the main focus of the cake and went with a more simplistic look overall.

The inside of the cake was chocolate cake with layers espresso kahlua cream cheese frosting, chocolate ganache, and chocolate valrhona crunchies.  I then covered the whole cake with vanilla buttercream and a thin layer of fondant.

This next order was for 75 corporate baskets of goodies.  This order basically consumed my life for 3 days straight…300 cookies, 300 brownies, and 75 bags of caramel nut crunch mix!  I was quite happy with how they turned out though and it was fun knowing they would be shipped all over the US!

This next cookie I made for a friend of mine, Jesi Haack, who is a fabulous wedding and event planner.  She wanted custom logo cookies to pass out to her clients and vendors and so I came to the rescue!

Lastly, I made a kid’s birthday cake the other week.  Elmo was the main star of the cake and it ended up a fun theme overall.  The cake was chocolate and buttermilk cake with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.

Well, I hope you all had a Happy Easter last weekend!  Thanks for all the love and support!

Tags: , , , , , ,

23 Responses to “Eye Candy”

1. Kathy S. says:

The rose is absolutely beautiful! How many layers did you end up putting on it…it’s hard to tell when you get into the center part. Amazing!

2. Boy you have been busy.That cake and the flower are stunning. Really – museum pieces.

3. Leslie says:

Oh my..you sure have been a busy girl!
    Stunning stunning work!

4. julie says:

The rose is STUNNING! And your beautiful white cake is the perfect way to display it. You and you sister rock!!

5. oh I love that bridal shower cake…the flower is so stunning!

6. Lucy says:

Wow you have been so busy! So busy yet everything still looks perfect! The first cake and rose are stunning.

7. amy says:

the first cake loooks so very classy!:)

8. Lorelei says:

Wow, you are amazing. Everything looks soooo good. I love the logo cookies a lot. Super duper cool. And the Elmo cake, that is one lucky kid. I am taking my first fondant cake class this weekend, looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing.

9. Jenny Tan says:

WOW!!! The rose IS ESPECIALLY GORGEOUS!! Looks like one of those Ron Ben-Isreal flower! :) I love all the others too! They are so elegant and adorable (for Elmo!) :)

10. wow how many wonderful creations. the wedding cake with the flower is surely stunning. You were surely busy with all those orders but they re all so nice and yummy :)

11. Muneeba says:

You guys are insanely talented, you know that, right?! Gorgeous!!!!

12. cindy says:

that rose is perfection…lovely!

13. Kris says:

Gorgeous as always. That rose is stunning. And the Elmo cake is darling!

14. Aran says:

it’s great to be busy! beautiful cakes as always!

15. Laura says:

Thanks for a great blog. I just “discovered” you a few weeks ago and think that everything you have done thus far looks both beautiful and delicious. Would you mind commenting on what kind of buttercream you used on the bridal shower and birthday cakes you have posted on this entry? Is it the same “American” buttercream that you posted the recipe for last year…the one with the small amount of lemon juice? I tried that one and it was delicious, so I’m curious to see how exactly you use it. Thanks again for a great website!

16. vy says:

Hi Melody i absolutely love your shower cake! would you be able to tell me the size of the layers? i love the proportion of this cake!! loving all the awesome pics!

17. My goodness! You really have been busy. Cakes are beautiful and look yummy!

18. The shower cake is just gorgeous and sounds even more delicious. The Elmo cake is so precious. I’m sure those 2 year olds were absolutely jumping for joy when they saw it. Sugar and Elmo…what a perfect mix!

19. Megan says:

that flower is ridiculous! i love it! and i know they are delicious!! i referred some business your way…so fingers crossed they will call you!!

20. crummb says:

hi melody,
    i love love love the flower! can i ask you though: since you cover your cakes with such a thick layer of vanilla buttercream, do you find that when you put on the fondant, the fondant will “move” and not form a smooth shape? i always just crumb-coat my cakes, then cover with a thin layer of buttercream for the fondant to stick to the cake. so i’m wondering why you choose to pile on so much buttercream. thanks for your thoughts! :)

21. You are so talented! Thanks so much for sharing your talents!

22. JL_DESIGNS says:

OBSESSED with the first cake and the pink flower! so pretty! and i personally tasted one of jesi’s cookies…yummy!!! :)

23. Cutecake says:

This is a great blog, such an ispiration, i discovered it today! , cakes looks just perfect!
    /Cutecake from Sweden