Guess who’s getting a dessert studio…ME!!!

Well, I have kept the secret long enough…I have been trying not to spill the beans for a while since I wanted to make sure everything was set before I made the announcement, but once my dad started tearing up the floor I knew there wasn’t going to be any turning back!

When I started in the pastry field I knew I always wanted one day to have my own bakery, but I never thought at the age of 25 my dream would come true!  I have been out on my own for about two years now and my little dessert studio, Sweet & Saucy Shop, has grown in ways I never imagined.  I have been incredibly blessed by God to have so many people help me along the way and I know without a shadow of a doubt if it weren’t for their help I wouldn’t be where I am at today.  For example, it was my husband who made me get a blog (something I knew nothing about) and he is the one who made my first website along with one of my best girlfriend’s, Karrie, who designed the site….without the internet I know my business would’ve never made it and it is because of them I got on the web.  Another blessing along the way was the fact that my sister, who had never even dabbled in baking or decorating, ended up starting to work with me and now I don’t know what I would do without her.  She has amazed me more than any person I have ever worked with in this field and she never even had formal training! And lastly my family in general has stepped up to help me in every way possible…from my in-laws who made me aprons and bought me my first work computer, to my uncle who made me my first professional stickers and signs, to my other uncle who spent countless hours working on electrical plans just to save me money during the planning and inspection process….as you can see I am one lucky girl!  Of course, the two people I have to thank the most for helping me make this dream come true are my parents!  Besides helping me through pastry school and encouraging me along every step of the way, they were the ones that really believed in my dream of starting a bakery and have invested not only all the money I needed, but also all their time and energy.  My dad is a plumbing contractor and so of course he said he would do the work on my bakery to save me money…this job turned out to be SO much work, but he never once complained, but rather said he would do anything for his girl!  The other day when I went to write him a thank you card I couldn’t help, but cry as I wrote how thankful I am for him.  He is the best dad a girl could ask for and I really don’t know how to say THANK YOU enough!  I was also blessed with a mother that far surpasses anyone I know…she inspires, encourages, and helps me with everything and I seriously don’t know what I’d do without her.  I know I wrote probably the longest blog post I have ever written before, but I just had to express my appreciation to the people that have helped me along the way.

So without further ado here are some photos of the progress so far!

Here is a picture of my daddy and I!

And this one is of Karrie and I…Karrie came down this past weekend to help me go shopping for my office and we had SO much fun!  Can’t wait to show you the photos!

Well, thanks so much for stopping by!  I will continue to update you on the process of my dessert studio!

Tags: , , , ,

76 Responses to “Guess who’s getting a dessert studio…ME!!!”

1. Nicisme says:

Congratulations and best wishes for your business, how exciting!!
    I would love to visit one day, will have to settle for regular updates for now.

2. Christy says:

Congratulations!! That is so exciting! Best of luck to you!

3. Amy says:

I am soooooo excited for you!! You are ridiculously talented and I have just been waiting for this day to happen! I know this is just the beginning for all the things God is going to bless you with! Let us know when the shop opens. I can’t wait to come by!

4. Brandie says:

Congratulations Melody, will you be having classes at your studio?

5. Congrats on your wonderful news! This is the begining of an amazing new chapter.

6. Karina says:

Congratulations! I can’t wait to visit the store. I hope you will be giving classes from the new store also!

7. Irene says:

OH MY GOSH CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is wonderful news, so exciting!! I wish you all the luck in the world and I just know with your talent and hard work this is going to be a great success!

8. Tiffany says:

Congratulations! You are so wonderfully talented, it was only a matter of time!

9. Madison says:

Congratulations! I’m super happy for you I can’t wait to see it when it’s finished!!

10. sharyl says:

What wonderful news! Congratulations! You are so talented and you’re family is just awesome. I do hope this new dessert studio is gonna be in SoCal because I will be there!

11. Lucy says:

WOW! Congratulations on your dream coming true! Yours studio will be a huge success: I only wish it was in London!!

12. Rianne says:

Congratulations Melody! I’m so happy and excited for you! I wish you tons of success in your new dessert studio :-) You’re truly an inspiration!

13. Stacy says:

Congratulations! I hope you continue to give us updates and pictures as your dream comes to fruition! You are an inspiration!!

14. Dana says:

Congrats! That is such awesome news!! Best wishes & can’t wait to see you on this journey. Now I have reason to travel from FL to CA!

15. pamela says:

Congratulations and BEST OF LUCK!! I am looking forward to hearing more about this exciting time in your life!!

16. thao says:

Congrats. Soo young and yet accomplish so much. isnt that the greatest feeling? Hey maybe i will stop by one day and see how it goes and get to blog about your store heheh Again congratulation you deserve it!!

17. Cutecake says:

Congratulation from Sweden! Maybe one day i will visit you in your new dessert studio!!
    Good luck!

18. dlb says:

Wow! That’s great news! I’m so happy for you… you must be so excited!
    All the best!

19. Kerri says:

OMG! Congratulations!!!! I’m so very happy for you!!! Can’t wait to follow your progress, as you serve as an inspiration that I too will one day be able to make my bakery dream come true!!! I’m so glad to see that you recognize what a blessing your family is…they are truely so important as a support system.

20. M says:

That is so exciting! Congratulations!

21. This is SO exciting! You should be super proud of yourself — especially since 1.) you have the guts to follow your dream and stick with it 2.) you are only 25! 3.) the economy probably shuns such an investment at a time like this, but stressed spelled backwards is desserts for a reason!!

I live in the Valley — I will have to come down to Long Beach when you are up and running to get my dessert on!!

GOOD LUCK — you deserve it!

22. Aimee says:

Congrats, Melody!!
    Beautiful post, where would we be without all the loved ones in our lives, right?

Can’t wait to hear more about the studio.

23. Jenny Tan says:

Ok Girl, first I am so excited for you for taking the next BIG step in achieving your dream, congratulation!! Then, you make me ALL teary eye reading it!!! =P You are one lucky girl to have all these help and support from a wonderful family and friends. And at 25 years old and have achieved so much, you’ve got a super BRIGHT future ahead of you! Well Done, and All the Best to you!!! *hugs*

24. Congrats!! I can’t wait to come check out your new shop! So so exciting!!

25. Erika says:

Congratulations and good luck! Your pics are gorgeous!

26. Aileen says:

What a milestone this is! Congratulations on your continued success. I’m looking forward to watching the progress on the shop and can’t wait for the grand opening!