Lots of Events!

Well, sadly my blogging hasn’t been as often as I would like lately.  Between baking, decorating, client calls, tasting, working on the store, and employee training I am barely finding time to sleep (which is my #1 priority if you know me!).  Within the last 6 days I think I pulled three 15-20 hour days and the rest were at least 12 hours…talk about exhaustion!  I do have to say that I am so thankful for my new assistant Louisa! She helped me out so much this past week and I am so excited to have her on my team!  I also treated myself to some much needed pampering today and indulged in a one hour massage…can you say HEAVEN!!!  I have to say that massages are one of my favorite things in the world and I think I will be scheduling many more in the upcoming future!

Well enough about me and my aches and pains, lets get to the good stuff…DESSERTS!  This post is going to be a schmorgasboard of wonderful delights! This first photo is from my girlfriend’s recent 25th birthday party.  When she called me to see if I could make the cake of course I said yes!  I wanted to do more of a homespun look for the cake and used a simple fresh flower to decorate it.

The cake was chocolate cake with layers of espresso kahlua cream cheese frosting and chocolate ganache. I also thought I’d throw in a photo of my gorgeous girlfriends…I am so blessed!

And of course my lovely girlfriend Kate!

These second group of photos are from some recent events that I did with Courtney Toney from Joyful Weddings & Events. She is a fantastic wedding & event planner and I have been so privileged to work with her.  She set up this whole candy bar and commissioned me to make the matching flower cookies.

This other event was a fun hawaiian-themed engagement party that Courtney threw. She asked me to do the desserts and this is what we came up with.  Thanks to her hubby for the great photos.

Lastly I wanted to leave you with some photos from the update of the dessert studio!  The wall is up, the plumbing done in the bakery part, and the construction sign is up too!

Thanks so much to my Uncle Dan at Instant Signs who made this for me!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

33 Responses to “Lots of Events!”

1. jana says:

I wish you all the best! And I can feel you — my favourite thing is a sleep too (I do not need too much, but I need my 8 hours)… and cookies, desserts are beautiful! I hope one day I will meet you and visit your shop!

2. yummy that dessert table looks to die for! I love seeing all the updates on the progress of your studio…how exciting!

3. Psychgrad says:

Three beautiful events! I’m dieing to know — where did you get the cupcake holders for the buttermilk cupcakes??

4. Jenny says:

What a beautiful 2 tier cake! I’m so excited for you with the new store! I hope to visit once its open and I’m visiting my cousin. I love the updates and I’m very much enjoying living vicariously through you since I’m not in a financial position to do something like that…

5. Cherie says:

I always wish I lived closer so you coluld make cakes for our family. But Now I’m glad I don’t cause I would be at your shop everyday and gain 100 pounds. Your work is beuatifull!

6. ingrid says:

As usual everything looks amazing and so yummy!
    Happy Holiday weekend!
    ~ingrid

7. wow you surely feel exhausted! congratulations on the new shop :)

8. sugared says:

You make me tired just reading about your life. I wish I had 1/2 your energy! Everythng looks yummy and beautiful, as always. Congrats on the shop and I am enjoying seeing the progress. Wishing you much success!

9. April says:

So excited for you and the opening of your business! Keep up the beautiful work!

10. Kris says:

I love the cake. And I too am a collector of cake plates! Your photo of your girlfriends reminds me of mine. We have been best friends since Jr. HIGH!!!! Over 30 years, and still very close today. Nurture that!!! It is so special.
    Your shop is coming along. I am so excited for you. You are going places Sista!!!

11. Kate says:

You never cease to amaze me!! Thank you again for my gorgeous cake…I loved it, but clearly not as much as I LOVE YOU, my famous little baker…

12. danica says:

LOVE the place, can’t wait for it to open. :) Gosh everything looks so great and if you ever need anyone to devour the leftovers from anything…… I live down the street. :)

13. Lisa Smiley says:

fabulous! when are you planning on opening? i can’t wait to come visit on one of my trips down to OC!

14. leanne says:

Hi Melody, just wanted to congratulate you on the new shop, i have been following your blog for 6 mths and just wanted to let you know how much i love it. thanks for the tips and pictures of your beautiful creations. wishing you loads of good luck with your next venture.

15. Amy says:

I totally want to have a party just so you can bake something for it!

16. Fantastic! I live in LA and can’t wait for your shop to open. Best of luck in all your planning and building. You are very lucky to have all your family and friends helping you! :)

17. leslie says:

Exciting…I love that you are sharing your store journey with us!

18. Janet says:

I am so envious… someday I wish to have a place of my own. For now though, I will live vicariously through your blog!

19. Christy says:

All of those desserts are gorgous, and Im so excited for your dessert studio. Wish I could come out to Cali and see it!

20. Mai says:

Hi Melody! I found your site through Stephanie Williams. Your desserts look so delicious! I can’t wait until your shop opens up! My husband and I will definitely be paying you a visit, that’s for sure! Good luck with everything and congrats!

21. Looks like things are coming together at the studio! Love seeing the progress. Your desserts look scrumptious!!!!

22. Kathia says:

Hi Melody, You are a busy girl!! The desserts and cookies look delicious. I wanted to share with you that I just made a cake using one of your cakes for inspiration, you are so talented. Thank you for sharing your store journey with us and for your ideas!

23. ladyironchef says:

Hello there, I just read about yr desserts studio, and I’m really really happy for you. It is such a real inspiration for everybody out there, and i really hope yr studio will be a success. Please continue the hard work, and blog about the progress of your shop yeah? All the best :)

Cheers
    Brad

24. nathalie says:

Hi- I love your website because it’s very inspirational. My question relates to your Valentine’s Day post. Can you tell me if the circle with the diamond shape and dot impression mat is still available anywhere? It’s the one you used with the black fondant. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

25. Dana says:

Is it just me or do you have a family member that works in like every major industry?? ;) The signs look awesome! I work in Commercial RE & have seen lots of “Coming Soon” signs – your storefront rocks already!

26. Jenny Tan says:

Wow!!! I just can’t wait to see your shop when everything is all done! =) When’s the grand opening???

27. emily b says:

that cake is ADORABLE and looks delish! you are such a beautiful group of ladies….what fun! and i am LOVING the website and blog….new to follow but added you right to my reader :)

28. Christyn says:

Your location is coming along! I can’t wait for it to open so I can visit in person!

I also gave you an award on my blog today for being so flippin’ awesome! http://beadup.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-first-award.html

29. Sarah says:

Cezanne and I want to thank you again for the fabulous dessert table at our wedding. Everything was beautiful and delicious. Congrats on your upcoming shop! Keep us posted on the grand opening!

30. Noor says:

Congratulations you deserve your own store your work is amazing. The store looks very nice, great work can not wait to see it when your done. Your girls are so pretty are they half Arab by any chance?? :)

31. Somthavy says:

I’m sure with your sense of style, especially from your sweets, your studio will turn out adorable! Can’t wait to see more pictures ;) Best of luck to you and congratulations!!! You are an absolute inspiration.

32. Jennifer says:

You are so outrageously talented! This whole website inspires me like you wouldn’t believe. I think my secret passion is decorating cakes & party planning in general. I hope one day I could get into doing what you’re doing. Just not the right time now. Congratulations and thank you for posting all these beautiful pictures.

33. Uncle Dan says:

Melody you are so cute!
    I know you’re a hard working woman, You’re the best at what you do!
    Keep up the good work and don’t be shy on setting your “You” time at the massage spa. Loved the pictures of the birthday party!!!