Photo Shoot!!!

Well, I have to say that I never thought when I headed into the pastry field that I would be posing for photo shoots, but these kind of unexpected surprises are what makes going out on my own totally worth it!  I was a little hesitant at first to pose by myself…I thought the shoot was just for the desserts, but when Ryel said she wanted to shoot some of just me I said okay thinking it would only be head shots. To my surprise I was posing and all..blush blush!  Once I relaxed a little and stopped thinking about how funny I probably looked I had a great time and really loved how the photos turned out.  Ryel, from RyelJ Photography, is one talented lady and so much fun to work with.  If you are getting married anytime soon I would definitely recommend contacting her!  Well, enough talk…lets get on to the pictures!

The shoot first started off in my Aunt’s kitchen…I know, so sad…you all thought it was my gorgeous kitchen but alas all my money has gone to buying cake plates so I decided to ask my Aunt if I could use her house since it is perfectly done in everyway.

Then we headed outdoors to shoot in front of the gazebo that my uncle custom built…how cute is it?!?

Lastly we went to a part of the garden that was a little unkept (which normally never happens since my aunt is a fabulous gardener), but lucky for us it was and it was perfect for this last cake.

The last photo I leave you with gives you a little insight into my new branding from Karrie Pyke Designs!  I absolutely love my new logo and a new website and blog design are on their way too!

I would love to hear what photo you like the best!  Happy weekend!

Tags: , , , , , ,

49 Responses to “Photo Shoot!!!”

1. mrsk says:

they are all fabulous! I’m so excited for you…where is this bakery gonna be at?

2. mrsk says:

Never mind I answered my own question :) Ok so whenever we’re in Long Beach, we’ll definitely look you up- right now though, we’re about 3000 miles apart. You need to hurry up and kick butt so you can branch out to Florida

3. Lucy says:

Wow all the photos are stunning. I love your dress! How exciting this is for you: living the dream :)

4. jen says:

Love it, love it, LOVE IT! How much fun was that? My fave photos are you, the cake on the white setee in front of the gazebo and the close up of the last cake on the bench in front of the tree – so awesome.

5. Beautiful pics. I am always a sucker for b&w, so I love that last shot of you in b&w, oh and congrats and tell your Aunt I am so jealous of her kitchen! Wishing you much luck!

6. Cheryl says:

I love your dress!!!! Great pictures!

7. Pilar says:

You look great and the cakes are so elegant, congrats!

8. ingrid says:

Congratulations! And good luck with everything!
    ~ingrid

9. Leslie says:

Congrats again to you!
    I love all the photos!
    Hard to choose just one..but I am drawn to the one of you laughing.

10. Eileen says:

Tim is one lucky man!! Great photos!!

11. Terra says:

Love the black and white cake!!!

12. Lisa says:

Well, your leg positions look weird in some shots and you should’ve definitely found a way to have the (hanging) girl silhouette cutter facing the man’s, as in the photo directly above it, but other than that, really pretty. Black & white cake is my fave.

13. wow surely fantastic photos. I like them all I can t decide which one is best. You look great !!

14. april says:

so cute mel!! and i love the style of your chefs jacket, where did you find that?

15. Kathy T says:

All the photos are gorgeous, but the first one is my favorite…..you look so cute! Also, I love the new logo. Very cool!

16. Dana says:

You are as lovely as the photos. Love the new logo!

17. Jenny Tan says:

Love the photos!! =) Wasn’t that fun?! Someday you’ll have the kitchen like ur aunt’s…hey, at least, you got to use it! ;)

18. Mary says:

I have to say, I love all the photos. If I had to choose one though, I’d pick the close up of you holding a cupcake. That photo is just so sweet!! Good on you! Oh and you’re aunty’s house is so beautiful!

19. Chelle says:

Melody, these pictures are awesome! How fun! My favorite is the 3rd one down – I love the design of the cake, the contrast of black/white/red, and the angle of the photo. Just awesome!

20. Lorelei says:

Great photos, you look so good and I love that dress.

21. sharyl says:

awesome picture! aren’t you just adorable?!

22. ooh!!! all the pictures look great, you are a stunner! you remind me of alicia silverstone :)
    My favourite photo of them all is the first, when you look into the camera, great shot! Cute outfit to ;)

All the best!
    /Linda, Sweden

23. Lindsay says:

Wow..beautiful photographs…you certainly look sweet AND saucy. I can’t wait to visit your new shop!!! Congratulations!

24. In all the pictures look great Melody, my favorites are the black and white and also the first one in front of the gazebo. I can’t wait to see your new website. You are so sweet and and very humble, you deserve the best. We have to get ready, we are going to see you soon in THE FOOD NETWORK in a cake CHALLENGE! Best of luck !

25. I’ve met Ryel and have seen her talent! All of the pictures look great! My favorite (coincidentally) is the one with you holding the cupcake. I can tell that’s a genuine smile.

26. Lisa Smiley says:

Beautiful photos, Melody! Love that you get to do this! I love the black and white photo of you the best. All your cakes look amazing!

27. Dana says:

Oh I love it all!! The cake shots, YOUR shots, the new pic of the jacket with logo – wow! It all looks fantastic. Best wishes to you on this new endeavor!

28. Andrea says:

I’m so excited for you. I’ve been following your blog for a while now and always get inspiration from you! I can’t wait to hear and see more about your newest endeavor. All of the photos look great, but the one that’s listed first is my personal favorite. The one of you laughing is also adorable!

29. Great photos! You are so cute and your cakes look fab!

30. Betty Lang says:

I love the black and white cake with the red peonies. you do such beautiful work! i am definitely referring my clients to you!

31. Christy says:

I like them all!

32. I love 1,2, 13, 14, and 15. I adore the grey peep toe heels! :D

33. Emily says:

All the pictures turned out simply beautiful! Both the ones of you and the ones of the cakes are just stunning! Really gorgeous. And congrats on the studio! What exciting news! -e

34. doreen says:

Your photos turned out great! All the indoor ones are great and the ones of you laughing look very natural/candid.

35. LOVE these shots, you are so adorable. #1 is sassy/saucy! Those grey peep toes rock…totally match your whole look. I also love the branding, great job!!

36. Bri says:

These are awesome and killer dress :)

37. I love all the shots! And the cakes look lovely!

38. AmyRuth says:

I love that you featured your work in a beautiful setttin (thank you Auntie!) All those photos are very nice, however I have to put up another vote for the one of you with the cupcake. There is a connection with the camera that translates in the photo. I also love the photo of the cake in the garden. WOW!
    AmyRuth

39. Stephanie B says:

Aww, Sookie, Sookie, now! Love the Pics! See you next weekend!!!!!!!

s

40. Holy sweetness! Those black and white cakes are
    A M A Z I N G! And that retro-ish tree cake is like wall art piece! Congrats!

41. Vi says:

A beautiful collection of your beautiful cakes! Indeed, the gazebo is very cute!

42. lyra Michelle says:

You are an INSPIRATION and your work are AMAZING. Best of luck in the future!!

43. Ahhhhhhhhhhh that’s so cool! I’m very excited for you for all that’s happening in your life! Your studio will rock! The pictures are adorable!

44. Melissa says:

Hi, I love your site and all your creations! They are so fabulous. I know I’m late on this one, but I absolutely adore the black and white photo of you against the building. I also comment barring a request…I would love to see a few shots of your kitchen. I just stated a remodel project. I have spent countless hours looking at so many pictures. My heart melted over that black and white cake, that’s singing to my soul along with your kitchen, I’m in love. Thank you!!

45. Rachelle says:

I have been following your blog for some time now, and thought I’d leave a comment. First of all, your pics turned out beautifully, your new shop website is awesome, and congrats on starting the process of opening your own shop! I just started working for a woman in a similar position (she had her own business ( running out of a rented kitchen and just now got her own kitchen and studio space… passed all the inspections last week!). Anyway, I’d really love to know where you got that chef jacket! So cute!

46. Ashley says:

omgoodness, these are great! you’re just as adorable as your cakes!

47. Faith says:

I stumbled across your blog a while back and I LOVE it! Your cakes a fantastic and I love the designs! I love the cake with the tree and bird…so simple, but very mod and cute. May I base one of my cakes on that design? Best of luck to you!

48. Holly says:

Fun pictures! Stumbled upon your blog b/c of that prickley pear margarita & started looking around. You have a gorgeous kitchen!

49. Holly says:

And forgot to mention that you have great cakes too!