Wedding Cakes & Store Photos

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend! I wanted to share lots of photos with you, since I didn’t get to post too much this week. We’ll first start off with photos of the three wedding cakes I did this weekend. Two of the three cakes were actually chosen from designs that I had already done, with a little tweaking of the colors. I will be doing a tutorial on how to do the first cake shortly!

IMG_0816.JPG

IMG_0820.JPG

IMG_0832.JPG

IMG_0822.JPG

IMG_0824.JPG

This last week we actually had a lot of progress with the store and it was so exciting to see things coming along! The flooring and painting got finished and the main signs were put up! I even was able to get some furniture pieces into my office! I took lots of pictures along the way so I could share them with you…thanks for checking them out!

IMG_0695.JPG

IMG_0694.JPG

IMG_0683.JPG

IMG_0685.JPG

IMG_0743.JPG

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0740.JPG

Most of the store was painted in white to keep it light and airy, but for my office I wanted to go with the color scheme of white, grey, and yellow! I found the most adorable table and chair set at Anthropologie for around 50%…woo hoo! I am obsessed with it! The chair cushions are getting a new fabric on them, which with make it look even more cute!

IMG_0732.JPG

Here is a sneak peak of some of the goodies I bought for the store!

IMG_0748.JPG

I also couldn’t resist bringing along the cutest models ever to show off my new stuff. Please welcome my gorgeous nieces…Kimberly, Melody, & Brianna!

IMG_0763.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG

IMG_0761.JPG

IMG_0758.JPG

They had so much fun posing for the photos once we were inside the shop!

IMG_0767.JPG

IMG_0765.JPG

IMG_0766.JPG

IMG_0772.JPG

IMG_0775.JPG

IMG_0774.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG

And here is a sneak of what I have been doing lately…spending money, money, money on stuff for the shop!!!

IMG_0784.JPG

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!

Tags: , , , ,

30 Responses to “Wedding Cakes & Store Photos”

1. Cat says:

Congratulations!!! Cat

2. Evan says:

I’m so excited for you! Best of luck with the shop. I adore your cakes!

3. doreenre says:

The shop is really coming along nicely! Cakes are gorgeous as usual! Your flowers are amazing!

4. April says:

What a sense of accomplishment you must feel! The shop looks great and you have the passion for what you’re doing! Hope you’re enjoying some of this “quiet” time before opening…you’re going to be busy! Blessings to you and yours!

5. Jinxy says:

I’m de-lurking to say Good for you!!! And good luck.

I love looking at your cakes and cookies. They are always beautiful and I wish I could make them.

6. Ambie :) says:

Melly!!!! OH MY GOSH!!! This is amazing!!!! I am sooooo excited!!!!! Do you think it will be done in oct??? We will be there visiting…I hope so…oh my gosh…Im am soooo excited for you, I can’t even tell you!!!

7. Em says:

Your cakes are always gogeous! You are miss talented! I want to come to your shop when it is done! It sounds/looks like it is going to be amazing!

8. Tanya says:

How exciting was it to see your store name on that plaza sign of other shops? How cool!

I wish I lived in your area…I’d probably be there on opening day. It’s so exciting to see the progression of your bakery. I wish you all the best and can’t wait to see more!

9. Christy says:

First off, beautiful cakes! Love them, and can’t wait for a tutorial! And the shop is so exciting!! Love the tables and chairs! You’re a blessed girl!

10. olivia says:

beautiful pictures! are the first and last cake done in buttercream? they look so shiny and smooth! how do you get them to look like that?

11. Karen says:

Astonishing Mel, what progress! & in the midst of it, you are full on making cakes=D

12. Emily says:

Wow, the shop is coming along great! Your cakes, as always, are gorgeous. Cute kiddos also!

13. Janet says:

Oh wow, I wish i could watch you decorate for at least a day- it would be fabulous!

14. Joanne says:

Thank you so much for sharing the process for your shop. I look every day to see if you added more pictures. The shop looks great. Much luck and success. Congrats

15. leanne says:

just checking in to see how things are going. The shop is going to be fabulous. Very classy. How exciting, like a lot of the others have said , wish i was closer i’d also be there on opening day.

16. Amy says:

love that your shop is coming together! so excited for u!

17. Wow! The cakes look gorgeous, and so do the stroe pictures! Your nieces are adorable!! The store is really coming along, have you set the date for the grand opening yet??

18. Jennifer says:

Congratulations on the shop. I wish you the best of luck. If I am ever in town I will pop in :)

19. Kathia says:

I just love the cakes, I can’t wait for the tutorial. you are so sweet I can’t believe you still have time to teach us. Thank you so much.

20. sheilah says:

Love You, Love You, Love You!!!!! I attempted to make a 3 tier cake this weekend…Cake Wreck it was….I am so amazed at your tallent! I can hardly wait until You open! I am making a field trip for myself, and coming up to meet You in person! Get some rest my sweet girl~! I wish I had cake tallent, I’d come help U in a minute!!!!! Thanks for the great recipes, tutorials and all the love You put into Sweet and Saucy!!!!!

21. Chefectomy says:

Really cool Mel. Very exciting about the shop, best of luck!

–Marc

22. Yana says:

Hi. I’m so in love with ur cakes. Wish u best of luck with your shop!

23. crissy farah says:

I seriously cannot wait to see it all finished!!!

24. Christyn says:

holy moley – those cakes are BEAUTIFUL! you make it look so effortless! and your shop is coming along great – congrats!

25. Toni says:

What’s the secret to getting such an amazingly smooth finish to your buttercream cakes??? I need help! :)

26. Aly says:

Cakes are beautiful, so creative as usual! I so enjoy following the progress of your shop. You have incredible taste in decor… I LOVE it!! I can’t wait to see your shop when it’s done- and come visit!!! Thanks for all of your inspiration… :)

27. admin says:

Thanks for all the sweet comments ladies! Toni- Lots and lots of practice! Plus I always use swiss meringue buttercream, a turntable, and a hemmingruler/bench scraper for a straight edge.

28. Aran says:

it’s going to be so fabulous!!

29. Shanti says:

I live up the street and get my nails done a few doors down from where your shop is and I finally googled it and was so flippin excited once I figured out who you are and what the store will be! I’ve e-mailed a bunch of people and we’re planning on stopping by once you open up. :)

30. Jordana says:

The studio is going to be so beautiful! But I am in LOOOVE with the white brick in your office. AHHHmazing!