Weddings & Bridal Showers

Well, I am trying to stick to my promise and keep the blogging to an all-time high this week, since I haven’t been blogging too much lately.  This post is all about LOVE…I have been meeting with lots of brides lately and recently we did some fun bridal showers and a wedding cake with mini desserts too.  These first photos are of the wedding…the bride wanted to incorporate lots of color, her love of butterflies, and their gorgeous monogram that they featured on their invitations.  This is the design we came up with!

The bride and groom also wanted to treat their guests to an assortment of mini desserts and wanted them all plated on one delicious table spread.  The mini desserts included banana cream pies, coconut cream pies, pumpkin caramel gingersnap cheesecakes, carrot cake and red velvet cake lollipops, and lavender lemon bars.

These last photos are from the two bridal showers.  The first shower had the color scheme of yellow, teal, and white.  They ordered a variety of cupcakes and 75 bride and groom silhouette cookies…sadly I didn’t take any pictures of the cookies, but you can check out my previous post on them here.

This final cake was made to match the shower invitations, which had a cute, modern look to it.  The cake was chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and espresso, kahlua cream cheese frosting.

Thanks for taking a look at them!

Tags: , , , , , ,

18 Responses to “Weddings & Bridal Showers”

1. you are too cool, Mel. I LOVE it all!

2. Nicole says:

Wow! You are so talented. Gorgeous creations!

3. I am dumbfounded by those wonderful cakes and desserts. So gorgeous – wish you lived where I could order your work.

4. Christine says:

Those all look so amazing and tasty!

I do have a question for you – are the curls on the first cake made out of fondant or a different kind of icing?

5. Leslie says:

Love everything as always!!!

6. Janet says:

How Stunning!

7. ingrid says:

As usual it ALL looks and I’m certain tastes amazing!
    ~ingrid

8. I DEFINETLY need to go to the gym because those mini desserts are making me awfully hungry for baked goods. Oh, boy. Not fair you’re so far away!

9. Shelley says:

GREAT ART!
    You have quite a gift!
    I can’t wait for the day I hang up my scrubs and creat all day long!
    Shelley

10. Amy says:

cake lollipops?!!! how cool! I have never heard of such a thing but that is amazing! and congrats on the new site!!!!!

11. Emily says:

Wow, I’m behind on reading your blog. It took a while to catch up. Once again, congrats on all of your recent success. I’m sure the store is coming along nicely. I can’t wait for it to open.

I wish I could have gone to these weddings so I could have sampled some of your yummy desserts. They look amazing!

12. Jacque O says:

Beautiful cake and the deserts look awesome!!! I’m actually doing desserts and cookies for my friend’s wedding but I have no idea how many to make. How much should I plan to make for each person to eat? I was planning around three desserts each but then that might be too much with the cake. Any suggestions??? Thanks so much for your blog and I just wish I lived closer to visit your new shop when it opens.

13. doreen says:

You’ve certainly been busy! Everything looks great!

14. Laura says:

That cake is absolutely gorgeous! I love the cookies on the cupcakes and everything else looks delicious!

15. crissy farah says:

you have to be kidding me, these cakes are RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING! I am definitely going to be passing along your name to any of my brides who want something that looks like art. :)

16. admin says:

Thanks everyone for the love!
    Jacque – I normally recommend 3-5 mini desserts per person.

17. Christy says:

Love that wedding cake! So pretty!

18. Ariel says:

Hi!

I’ve been looking at your blog on my lunch break at work and I have to say you have beautiful work. I’m interested in opening up a bakery at some point (I’m only 19 now) and I’d love some advice. I’ll take anything. : )