Bride & Bloom Magazine!!!

Well, as you can see change has come to the blog!  Thanks to my sweet hubby for redesigning my blog to look more like my new website!  I can’t believe I have been blogging almost 1 1/2 years now…times flies when you are having fun!

I hope everyone had a fabulous 4th of July weekend!  I loved finally having a little free time with the family and tried very hard to keep my mind off the millions of things I need to do for work.  Who knew that ordering bakery equipment and supplies could be so daunting!?!  I think I have over analyzed every aspect of cupcake liners, packaging design, ovens, and baking racks.  I am happy to announce that I placed my HUGE order for all the baking equipment and tried not to look at the price quote when I got it…I simply closed my eyes and signed the check!  I have to give a shout out to my WONDERFUL parents who have practically funded my whole dream and decided to jump on board as partners in the business with my husband and I!  I absolutely LOVE working with my family and so happy that they will all be surrounding me as I take this crazy journey into sugar, spice, and “hopefully” everything nice!

One thing that has made this journey so sweet has been the amazing vendors that I have met along the way and now I am even lucky enough to call them friends!  Carissa from JL Designs has probably helped me more than anyone in the wedding industry and has truly been a blessing in my life!  She is the most talented floral and event designer and seriously blows me away each time I see her work!  I can still remember the first time she asked me to tag along to one of her photo shoots and I couldn’t believe it!  It was so last minute, but I didn’t care…my sister and I busted out 6 mini cakes and a two tiered wedding cake in one night!  When I asked who the photographers would be and Carissa said Carlie & Gabriel from Gabriel Ryan Photographers I was jumping for joy! I am in love with their work and was so excited for them to shoot my sweets!  They are not only talented, but some of the most fun, genuine, and sweet people I know!  We were all also so lucky to work with Allison from Invitation Innovations, Desiree from Wildflower Linens, and Megan from Classic Party Rentals!  Carissa’s fabulous publicist Leila Khalil, from Be Inspired PR, landed us in the new issue of Bride & Bloom Magazine and I can’t thank her enough!  Here is one of the two shoots we did that day!

3679978970_6642e88e1c

3679169083_a4ec3f2076

I was so happy with how the magazine spread turned out!  Here are a couple of the close up detail shots!

brideandbloom_photoshoot-4_1

brideandbloom_photoshoot-6_1

brideandbloom_photoshoot-44

brideandbloom_photoshoot-53_1

brideandbloom_photoshoot-10

brideandbloom_photoshoot-59

brideandbloom_photoshoot-34_1

brideandbloom_photoshoot-22

And here is a photo of Carlie, Carissa, and I…they of course decided they had to taste the mini cakes once the shoot was done!

brideandbloom_photoshoot-60

I also wanted to share a couple more photos with you from the dessert studio!  A lot has happened this past week, but most importantly my front bakery case got put it!!!  Thanks so much to Ben Brigham for his amazing custom wood work!  I basically told him what I liked and let him do his thing and was so happy with the results!  I do have to say the photos are great, but it even looks better in person, so once I’m open I hope you stop by!

IMG_0980.JPG

IMG_0985.JPG

IMG_1004.JPG

IMG_0993.JPG

IMG_1000.JPG

IMG_0994.JPG

Thanks for stopping by the blog!

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

31 Responses to “Bride & Bloom Magazine!!!”

1. danica says:

love it mel! great job and congrats on the mag. I can’t wait to see the dessert studio! you have such a talent and I’m glad you are doing what you love. xoxo

2. Ryel j says:

I love your creative treats! and oooo I’m so excited for your dessert bar and store front. Love the blog… very sweet design!

3. Kevin says:

Mel… Amazing new blog design!!! Tell Tim he out did himself on this one!
    Also, love the pics of the new counter top! Just beautiful!!! Yet another awesome piece by Ben Brigham

4. Allison says:

Congrats! What beautiful cakes, the shoot looks amazing and LOOK AT YOUR SHOP!!! Wahooo you are on your way! Can’t wait to see the final product!

5. Aunt Lynda says:

So Fabulous!!!! Unbelievable!!!!!! Stupendous!!!!!

6. Tanya says:

I love the new look for your blog. It looks wonderful! And thanks for sharing more updates on the store. It looks great and I can’t wait to hear more!

7. Michelle says:

Congratulations on the gorgeous spread in the magazine! Your shop looks to be coming along beautifully. What an exciting time for you! :)

8. Congrats Melody! Your shop is looking great and your cakes are super cute too. Who wouldn’t want to publish them? Next photo shoot feature coming up soon…

9. Amy says:

so awesome congrats!

10. Rachael says:

I have been checking out your blog for a little while now and I have to say you are such an inspiration!! The new look is awesome, very classy and elegant! Love the color combo and the studio is coming along beautifully. It’s so much fun to watch all your hardwork and your dream come to fruition! Thanks for all your great tips and I enjoy coming to your site to see what new amazing creations you have come up with! Congratulations Melody

11. Alice says:

Woodwork?!!! I honestly thought that was all concrete until I read it. I was just thinking to myself, how did they do that, it is exquisite! Beautiful work! Your shop is looking really great & congratulations on the magazine spread, how very exciting!!!

12. Angela says:

Love the new look blog and your recent posts – have been unable to comment, not sure why! The shop is coming on well and it is great to see it all coming together what en exciting time for you and your family. Good luck in the future, maybe one day if I win the lottery I will be able to come to the US and sample some of your delicious looking cakes, till then keep the pictures coming :-)

13. Aimee says:

Loving the new blog look–and that custom counter–wow!!

Congrats on the magical shoot and magazine inclusion. You’re on fire!

14. Carmen says:

Love the new look on your blog. Your work deserves attention. I look forward to seeing the transforming of your bakery! Keep sharing your photos! :)

15. WOW! Love the new blog design, as well as the bakery updates! I hope to have my own bakery 5 or 6 years down the line, so you serve as an amazing inspiration!!

16. franci says:

Hi! I’m totally in love with your blog, i check it daily but i never get brave enough to post comments. I’m starting to decorate cakes too, and I’m getting pretty good, sadly this art is not very well known in Italy and it’s hard to find the right supplies or even attend good classes.I had the chanche to know all the american and english bakery and, most of all, decoration when I lived in the US, here they’re not so popular ( there’s a lack of good decorators,the ones that do it are kind of really bad at it, plus italians aren’t very confident with the too sugary stuff like fondant or buttercream, they prefere whipped cream on their cakes, so I’m working to bake with compromises to please italian taste and american eyes ;) .I might go to london next year for some decorating classes. I’m a gastronomic sciences student, so if you want some great all italian recipes I’ll be glad to share them with you, your works are such an insipiration for me :)
    oh, and the new layout is beyond adorable!
    xoxo
    Francesca

17. Christy says:

I love that counter! It’s so pretty and elegant!

18. doreenre says:

New blog is GREAT!

19. LOVE your new blog. You are so blessed to have Tim and his skills :) Congrats, I’m SO happy for you and all the amazing opportunites yet to come. xo Ashlyn

20. Pam says:

Wow absolutely gorgeous!! Congratulations on all of your success (& future successes as well).
    I love how you call your new shop the “dessert studio” instead of the usual “bakery”. It suits it perfectly as your work seems more like art than just food.
    Can’t wait to see more progress pics, thanks for sharing them with us :D

21. Lucy says:

How exciting for the magazine photos – congratulations! The cakes look beautiful even when they were short notice! Aah, seeing your shop coming along makes me want to be able to be there! Thinking about a London branch some time ?!EVerything looks great, very inspirational :D

22. jen says:

Even though I’m in Canada, I am sooo excited and happy for you and only wish I could drop in to your studio. I am living my dream through you and thank you for sharing the process with us. I’m sure “everything nice” will be yours, because you’re working so hard for it. Best wishes. Jen

23. jennywenny says:

Super cute!! Glad everything is going well and you got a good rest! Its so inspiring to read about all your preparations for the new studio! Thanks so much for sharing your journey. I’ll definitely try and pop in when you’re open!

24. The store is coming up so cute and it matches the blog now! It’s awesome Melody, I really like it, congratulations! The photos are gorgeous!

25. JL_DESIGNS says:

awwww…..melody you are SOOO talented and i cannot wait to see where this industry takes you! you are such an asset to the wedding biz and i am SO happy we stumbled upon each other! :) look out world! sweet and saucy is comin at ya! woot woot!

26. Congrats on the magazine spread and the progress of your dessert studio! Your work is beautiful (and delicious, as I discovered from the chocolate cake lolli!!) and I can’t wait to see what you come up with next! Crossing my fingers that we get to work together in the future! :)

27. Aly says:

AMAZING!!!! I am utterly speechless and in such awe of you! I am so glad you are as successful as you are- I hope you are ready for SO much more! The store looks beautiful already, and I can’t wait to see it in person… Congrats!!

28. beth says:

I love the pictures of your new shop! great design.

29. I am so happy for my friends!!!!

30. Lori says:

Your shop looks amazing! Thanks for sharing the progress pics, can’t wait to see more!!

31. ella says:

i live about 5 minutes from the dessert studio!
    i am soooo excited for it to open, congrats!
    cupcakes have always been an obsession, so this is perfect.
    and the shop looks very nice :)