Kayli & Darren’s Wedding

Get ready for some GORGEOUS photos!!!  I have to say that I was so excited when one of my old friends from college asked me to do the desserts for her wedding.  To make it even better she introduced me to Jesi, from Jesi Haack Weddings who planned the whole wedding & design!  Since the day we met Jesi and I have hit it off and I absolutely love spending any time I can with her. She did a fabulous job with every detail of this wedding and really carried Kayli & Darren’s wedding design to the next level!  I was so excited when I got to the venue and saw the incredible backdrop Jesi created for my desserts…I can’t thank her enough!  Not only was I blessed with an amazing planner for this wedding, but the photographer is one of my favorites!  Aaron Shintaku, from Aaron Shintaku Photography, captured these fantastic images and literally left me speechless when I first saw them. Congratulations to Kayli & Darren…may the Lord bless your marriage greatly!

0688

I absolutely love creating full dessert bars that incorporate the wedding cake and mini desserts into a fully designed table.  Thanks to Jesi for the real tree stumps, handmade backdrop, and table runner!  For the cake we used billy button flowers as the main accent to the fun bird topper they wanted for the cake.

0653

0660

0659

Here are some details shots of the beautiful couple and their wedding!

3633138918_9fae4c7cd0_o

3633138684_360d1c17cf_o

3632325873_67fb785129_o

3633138344_9239df0f45_o

3632326707_7db5aa7770_o

3633138294_3516904863_o

And last but not least the mini desserts!  Kayli had asked me if we could include her mother’s cookies and grandmother’s fudge into the dessert spread and I’m glad we did because it gave that truly homespun feel!  For the desserts we did cheesecakes with raspberries, key lime pies, chocolate peanut butter balls, red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, and carrot cake lollipops.

0676

0642

0645

0635

0678

0666

0690

0698

0699

And finally the cute couple enjoying their first bite of cake!

1052

The other fabulous vendors were…

Photography:  Aaron Shintaku and Amy Hinden, formerly AHS Photography
2nd shooter (so Aaron could be a legit groomsman :) :  Gabriel Ryan
Hair & Makeup:  Carlie Renee
DJ:  Johnny E
Officiant:  Isaac Marcs
Floral Design:  jesi haack weddings
Photobooth:  Foto Cabina
Event Design + Coordination:  jesi haack weddings
Beautiful Hair Piece:  Oh My Deer

Tags: , , , , , , ,

32 Responses to “Kayli & Darren’s Wedding”

1. Evan says:

Wow! What a Martha Stewart wedding! I’m truly inspired. Your cake and mini desserts were fabulous!

2. Nice wedding and nice desserts :)

3. bakingmomma says:

Beautifully done as usual. You are blessed with talent and great company. So you will go far.

4. Kim says:

I am a huge fan of your work. Beautiful wedding and desserts!!!!!!!!!!! May God continue to Bless you and Your Business.

Kim.

5. I wish I would have done something like this at my wedding! I would have made the time to actually eat something at my reception. Beautiful!

6. jennywenny says:

That is totally super cute! Exactly the kind of thing I’d like to get into in the future! Thankfully I’m far enough away not to be competition :) although I very much doubt I could compete with you! Thanks for sharing

7. What a beautiful wedding! I love the simplicity of the cake, and the birds on top are adorable. You make beautiful products!!!

8. I do indeed love desserts, and I would love to be as good as you someday, your work is simply incredible. We actually have a common friend. I went to high school with Carlie Davis (Demsher), and I used to go to Rock Harbor. Again, your work is AMAZING, and good luck with the new store, I enjoy seeing photos of the ongoing process…way fun!!

9. YUMMMM! Everything is just so wonderfully put together and presented. A wonderful example of how it looks when you get that magical mix of super talented people. Want to eat all the sweets, love the designs and am captivated by the photography!!

10. you rule! i love the new blog!

11. YAY!!! Vendor Dream Team!!! This new blog is blowing my mind, making me so excited for my new branding!!!

12. WOW, WOW and WOW! I saw this wedding somewhere else and immediately pulled the dessert bar for inspiration for an upcoming wedding we have at a ranch! I didn’t know you were one of the many talents behind this! Bravo! GREAT work!! You are definitely on our blogroll :)

13. leslie says:

Beautiful, beautiful..BEAUTIFUL! What a stunning wedding!

14. Prudence says:

Absolutely beautiful! What a fun wedding!! BTW: LOVE the new blog!

15. WOW that is such a beautiful wedding!! I LOVE the nature theme of it!

16. angela says:

Fantastic pictures of what looks like a pretty perfect wedding. Love the cake bar idea and those soda bottles and informal chalkboards were a really nice touch. Makes me think about maybe getting married one day – only if it would look as good as that! OH of 12 years will be horrified to read this ;-)

17. Indigo says:

What an absolutely beautiful wedding, it looks like something from a magazine! I love the homespun vibe of the dessert table, and the charming signs (‘enjoy your soda’). Too cute to be believed!

18. Beautiful photos! And, WOW the desserts! You do a fanstastic job.

19. Kyle Richter says:

WOW..! Such amazing attention to detail!! and the sweets look to perfect to eat.. well maybe not.! Hope we get to work together soon..

20. crissy farah says:

Soooooo FABULOUS!!!

21. Rachael says:

I LOVE the dessert bar! The wedding looked gorgeous and the touch of earthiness (is that a word?)..love it!! Great job…everything looks delicious, one of my most favorite things are mini desserts….so much fun!

22. W-O-W Your cake designs are absolutely spectacular! Love it!! I’m thinking of a turquoise them for my upcoming wedding & your “Dogwood” design absolutely makes me swoon!! Do you do VEGAN cakes?? have to add you to my blogosphere!! :)

23. Aran says:

looks amazing and i love your new site!

24. MandiCrocker says:

OH MY GOSH, I LOOOOVE THIS WEBSITE!! :) :) :)

I just found the tutorial on how to do a ‘topsy turvy’ cake and I’m so excited to try it. Everything you make is so beautiful and looks ridiculously delicious (the way it should be)!

I look forward to your shop opening so I can drive to visit & try your sweets for myself. Thank you for sharing!!!

Mandi :)

25. Gorgeous set up! Awesome job ;)

26. Braedon says:

Love all the detail shots of your deserts! Everything looks so tasty!!

27. AmyRuth says:

Thanks so much for sharing all the nice photos of the wedding and your work. Also, for the tutorial of your cake which I saw earlier on your site. Cool and in theory looks relatively simple to do. I know, I know looks easier than one might think. If only you could lay that cake down on its side, right? he he BTW Congratulations on all your dreams coming true. That is so amazing! Almost time to work work work.
    AmyRuth

28. Eline says:

I just LOVE these pictures! Thanks for making my day brighter :-)

29. Loved the centrepieces, would be nice for a Caribbean Destination Wedding too, in the Cayman Islands for example

30. Os. says:

love the colors – adore the cake – want his socks! thanx

31. [...] Here’s are more AMAZING dessert table pics via My Sweet and Saucy [...]

32. [...] And how cute are those chalkboard signs? I love them! (Source) [...]