Sarah & Cezanne’s Wedding

I have been waiting for a while to post this uber-fun wedding!  I knew when I first met the couple that this was going to be very creative and beautiful wedding!  They had such fabulous ideas and weren’t scared of putting in the extra time to pull off a one-of-a-kind dessert display.  Not only were they super creative, but their wedding planner and my personal friend, Jesi Haack of Jesi Haack Weddings, is one of those people who is SO talented and loves pulling off gorgeous, yet unique events!  Thanks so much to my other friend, Adrianne Bonafede, who is a great photographer and came along with me to help capture a lot of these yummy images.  Their wedding photographer, Juan Posada, of Posada Photo shot some lovely images too and was kind enough to share them with me!

On a side note I wanted to say “THANK YOU” to all my blog readers because this past week I passed the 1,000,000 view mark!!! I could’ve never imagined having that many views on my site…when my husband first suggested I start writing a blog I thought he was crazy…I remember saying to him “Who would want to read what I write and look at my silly little photos!”  BUT I guess I was mistaken, and I have to say thanks for proving me wrong!  This has been so much fun and I absolutely love getting to connect with people all over the world through this silly little blog!

DSC_9046_toned

Here is a little behind the scenes info about the wedding via Jesi Haack’s blog…

“This clean, modern, design inspired wedding showcased Sarah and Cezanne’s love for ultra-hip designer, Jonathan Adler and The Parker, a chic resort in Palm Springs. From the custom designed monogram, courtesy of the groom, to the fruity, Creamsicle signature cocktails, it was impossible for their guests not to feel drenched in chic exuberance.  Each reception table claimed the name of one of the couples’ favorite mid century designers and the fortune cookie favors illustrated the story of their engagement.  Everywhere they looked the guests were refreshed with an eyeful of buttercream yellow, tangerine orange and lime green detail.  The tantalizingly tempting dessert display had every taste bud in the room screaming for a mini-cake lollipop, or a mouthful of cotton candy.  Paired with the newly renovated, modern decor of The Belamar Hotel in Manhattan Beach, it was a dynamic display that could not be matched.  Maybe not even by The Parker itself :)”

collage_2

Sarah & Cezanne both wanted their guests to enjoy an array of tasty mini desserts as well as having a custom wedding cake that incorporated the pattern they created which was seen throughout their wedding.  We used edible frosting sheets to print the pattern on the cake as well as on the sugar cookies and then created handmade sugar orchids to surround the top tier of the cake. I have to say that my sister outdid herself with these flowers…they are gorgeous!

melody_007

DSC_9036_toned

melody_005

Here are some more details shots of the wedding!

collage_7

collage_3

For the mini desserts we decided to pull the yellow and orange color scheme throughout the look by adding cute candy to the cupcakes and using liners that matched too!

DSC_9052_toned

melody_009

We then dipped the chocolate cake pops and pretzels in matching chocolate as well.

DSC_9067_toned

melody_014

A couple more detail shots of the wedding…

collage_6

And last, but not least the glorious little mini key lime pies, passion fruit, coconut, macadamia nut tarts, and monogram cookies…aren’t they cute!

DSC_9084_toned

DSC_9096_toned

DSC_9059_toned

DSC_9095_toned

DSC_9079_toned

And what’s a dessert bar without a little cotton candy!

DSC_9041_toned

Thanks so much Sarah & Cezanne for letting me be apart of your special day!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

30 Responses to “Sarah & Cezanne’s Wedding”

1. Karen says:

Love the colors!! Great job guys!!!

2. i love you. and your desserts. you are so cool.

3. Mika says:

Your style is fantastic!!! I love it so much!!! So simple and shick…I’d like to become a gorgeous cake decorator like you one day…

4. What a cool wedding! I love the colors! The mini desserts are so cute as always and I love how the cake is so simple yet stunning!

5. wow what a cool wedding! I really like all your creations! congratulations on reaching 1,000,000 . Everything is so perfect and well prepared! awesome!

6. Beautiful as always. Your sister did a beautiful job on the flowers and the mini desserts look scrumptious!!!

7. Lucy says:

Oh my gosh what a perfect looking wedding! YOur dreamy deserts look utterly delicious, and you well deserve the celebration of 1,000,000 views – Congratulations :D

8. bakingmomma says:

Beautiful as usual. Congratulations on reaching your 1,000,000 mark.

9. pamela says:

Congratulations on passing that huge milestone!! A million visitors is quite impressive! Everything is stunning here. Fantastic!

10. Eileen says:

After seeing that wedding display, I wish I could get married all over again. I love a creative cake surrounded by luscious mini-desserts. The flowers are insane!!! They look so real!!

11. Lisa Smiley says:

Truly beautiful, Melody! You are going to be a success (you already are!). Can’t wait for your studio to open!! We are heading down at the end of August again, so hopefully I will get a chance to come by…looks soo beautiful so far!! Congrats!

12. Julie says:

Just stopped by to let you know I nominated you for the “One Lovely Blog” award. Please stop by my blog and check it out.

13. doreenre says:

Those colors are great! You continue to outdo yourself!

14. wow, Melody! the whole set up looks stunning! I love the bright colours!!! awesome job!
    You are such an inspiration!

15. BEAUTIFUL wedding!!!!! I love all the incredibly bright and cheerful colors! What a wonderful theme! Well done, you are amazing!!!

16. Oh I love every detail of this wedding! You and Jesi really make a great team!! and those orchids….. you KNOW I must comment ;) they are AMAZING! Your sister got them down perfect, every little dot. Congrats, to yet another beautiful wedding!

17. julie says:

This is breathtaking… the colors, the arrangement, your delicacies… PERFECT!!!

18. Aly says:

Everything was gorgeous- the colors, cake, cookies, desserts… I can almost taste them looking at those amazing photos!! Beautiful, as ever!!!

19. Very trechic! Great pics!

20. Congrats and gorgeous photos!! Love the desserts!! We have a really fun Palm Springs wedding coming up that I would love to talk to you about!! We will definitely be in touch!

21. Wow! I absolutly love the colors. The cake and flowers are amazing, what a great job. Great pictures. I can wait to see more pictures of the store opening.

22. Awesome job! Just gorgeous! I wish I lived in CA so that I could come to your new shop! Maybe I’ll have to visit sometime!

23. Rachael says:

Gorgeous! Congratulations on the opening this week…so excited for you! It’s been fun watching this dream come alive through your blog…so much fun.
    Can’t wait to someday stop by and see it all in person…it looks amazing!

24. Ben says:

HI There

Really stunning food photos. First off apologies for contacting you through the comments instead of by email but I wanted to bring FoodandFizz to your attention as a great place for you to share some of your photos. We would love to feature some of your photos and hopefully send a little traffic back this way to you :) Drop me an email if you have any problems and look forward to seeing your stuff

Regards

Ben

25. Jessica says:

Fabulous! Congrats with the opening! You did a stunning job here. (Pssst…once I move back to LA I’m totally visiting)

26. Katina says:

I just found your blog your awesome. Can you share with me where you got the cotton candy?

Thanks,
    Katina

27. jessica says:

I stumbled upon your blog and am AMAZED by your talent. I dream of dessert bars like these! Created them and enjoying them. Do you cook all of this yourself or do you have help? Beautiful photos! I will be checking back often. Thanks for sharing!

28. I keep seeing those amazing white cake stand’s in pics of your amazing desserts. Where o’ where can I find them? I’m dying for them!

29. Elizabeth says:

Your desserts look AMAZING!!! U have inspired me to do something like this for my wedding. I wish you were closer to NYC.
    BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!