Lots of Cakes!

Well, since there has been a lack of blogging these last couple months that only has to mean one thing…lots and lots of cakes!!! Here are just a couple cakes that I thought I would share with you…we’ve had a lot of fun special occasion cakes lately, some small and some large, but all of the clients behind the cakes were a blast to work with and hopefully enjoyed the cakes we made them!

First up is the flip flop cake that we made for a recent 50th birthday party that was hawaiian themed.  It was a ton of fun to make and the hibiscus flower that my sister made was the perfect accent to the cake!

IMG_1879.JPG

IMG_1881.JPG

IMG_1882.JPG

Then next couple photos are of a recent wedding cake with sugar flowers, a baby shower cake with sugar booties, and a birthday cake with a motorcycle that was printed on our edible frosting sheets.

IMG_1150.JPG

IMG_1156.JPG

IMG_1141.JPG

IMG_1718.JPG

This next cake was a replica of part of a couple’s new home they purchased.  They wanted to celebrate their birthdays at their open house and thought what better way to do it then with a custom cake!  I have to give a shout out to my new employee Susie and intern Danielle who helped a ton on this cake…thanks ladies!

IMG_1687.JPG

IMG_1690.JPG

IMG_1692.JPG

IMG_1694.JPG

These next photos are from a recent 50th birthday celebration for two ladies.  Gervel has been a fabulous client of mine and I was so happy to get the chance to help her and her best friend out with cakes and mini cupcakes for their special day!

IMG_1167.JPG

IMG_0033

Another cake that was a lot of fun to make was for Bonnie Tsang, who is a fabulous photographer and friend of mine.  She wanted to get her sister a fun birthday cake that had her favorite theme throughout it…Anchors/Sailing!  The front of the cake had a cute anchor on it too!

Conniebday01

And last, but not least is a Roulette cake we did for a recent birthday party!  One of my previous brides sent me a client of hers who wanted a fun birthday cake that celebrated her husband’s favorite hobby.  It was a TON of work, but I was quite happy with how it turned out!

IMG_1829.JPG

IMG_1825.JPG

IMG_1826.JPG

IMG_1833.JPG

IMG_1839.JPG

Thanks so much for taking the time to take a look at the photos…I’d love to hear which one you like the best!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

20 Responses to “Lots of Cakes!”

1. Kien Nguyen says:

I love ALL your beautiful cakes Melody! Especially the roulette cake because it was a ton of work and it turned out beyond fab! Client love love loved it!

2. What a wonderful selection of cakes – I love the black and white wedding cake with red flowers, although I’m just in awe with that lovely hibiscus.

3. Evan says:

Thanks so much for sharing all of your fun and beautiful cakes!

4. Everything looks so fun!! I love your website.

5. Wendy says:

The polka dot one is so classic and pretty!

But I love the roulette…I just found out how easy it was to play on my last trip to Vegas!

6. jennywenny says:

Those are amazing. I think my favourites are the ones with the sugar flowers. Where did your sister learn or is she self taught?

7. ingrid says:

Hi, Melody! You’ve really taken off! Congrats!

I was wondering if I could ask you a question……How do you keep cream cheese frosting from going soft and losing those pretty swirls after sitting out for an hour or so? ( I know you do alot of outside setups) I’m using 2 sticks butter/ 1 8oz block of cream cheese and about 5 cups of powdered sugar (vanilla, etc.). Anymore powder sugar and it’s WAAAAY to sweet. Do you use some kind of stabilizer? Thank you!
    ~ingrid

8. Kris says:

Oh Melody, those are all wonderful. LOVE the hibiscus flower on the flip flop cake….it really makes it pop. And my favorite, most stunning look is still the tall cake, with the tallest tower in the center. I did that cake for my daughter’s friends wedding, and it turned out so great! Love your work…you continue to inspire!!!!

9. OmniBride says:

The fondant flip flops are adorable! Also, I like the size of the layers on the black white polka dot & red-themed wedding cake. The red flowers are beautiful.

-Lea McIntosh @ OmniBride

10. Danielle says:

Thanks for the shout out! Fabulous work these past couple weeks including the ones that didn’t get posted!!!

11. Kathia says:

wow Melody I love all the cakes. My favorite is the black and white wedding cake.
    Take care and don’t forget us

12. jana says:

Hi Melody! I love your site, you know it and admire your work. I really loved the cake -”beach shoes” (sorry, don’t know the exact english expression)….
    Love your cakes!

13. Laura says:

I love the flip-flop cake! Have you seen the episode of “Cake Boss” where Buddy does a roulette table for a client? Your roulette table reminded me of that episode. : ) Great job!

14. oh all are beautiful. my favourite one is the one with the red flowers, hoe do you manage to make all those dots perfectly spaced ? wish to do one too. the hibiscus looks so real

15. Aunt Lynda says:

The flip flop cake was cool. I can never believe how awesome Sara’s flowers are.

16. Aly says:

They are ALL great, especially the “house” cake. Such awesome detail on the house!! Just LOVE all your work… :)

17. Kerri says:

WOW!!! I have just stumbled onto your site…..I LOVE IT!! Thanks so much for sharing you are very talented!!! I’ve just started making cakes and love the tips. I’ll be visiting often!

18. Sarah says:

WOW! WOW! WOW! You are one talented girlie!! Those cakes are aaaamazing! Can’t wait to come in and try something! I must… for my clients! Gotta have good referrals for them! :)

19. Looks like you have been busy! Amazing creations!

20. Anna says:

Hi Melody. I’ve been having trouble with making black royal icing. I can’t seem to be able to get the color dark enough. Do you use a special dye for dyeing royal icing? Thanks!