Weddings with Family & Friends

One blessing that comes with my job is being able to help dear friends and family out on the most special day of their life…their wedding!!!  A couple months ago I got to make the wedding cake for my brother-in-law and further sister-in-law. They are such an awesome pair together and I am so happy to have them both as part of my family!  Their wedding day was filled with lots of fun, family, and friends.  The color scheme for their wedding was red, black, and white and had a spanish flair to it, so I decided to do sugar jewels and deep red sugar roses.  I loved the stacking of the cake and overall the day was a blast!  Here are some photos from the day!

reception 3

portrait 11

How cute are they!  Thanks so to Nathan Board for the wonderful photos!

portrait 8

My fabulous mother-in-law who is beyond amazing and helps me out all the time!

IMG_0936.JPG

How cute is the flower girl Madison!

IMG_0938.JPG

portrait 6

4824_119704605711_676110711_2866984_4130842_n

Here is Louisa and I enjoying the moment!

IMG_0972.JPG

And lastly watching my little baby getting cut…a little painful, but the result is delicious ;)

IMG_0975.JPG

The second wedding that I had the privilege of being a part of was for a dear friend of my family…Nicole is actually the sister of my husband’s best friend and their family has been extremely close with my in-laws family for forever, so it was so nice to be able to be a part of their special day!  I loved all of the personal touches that Nicole and Paul had for their wedding!  We got to make ranunculus flowers and use lace sugar accents and piped tiny white dots for accents.  Here are some photos of the fabulous day!

IMG_1127.JPG

NBP Kent TLCs15

1BMP_0336

NBP Kent TLCs28

5289_1090811666191_1103471647_30228304_7921899_n

I love the backdrop they created!  It really helped pull in the whole look of the wedding!

IMG_1109.JPG

IMG_1135.JPG

IMG_1104.JPG

Here is Louisa and I with the gorgeous bride and groom!  Louisa was a bridesmaid…how lovely does she look!

IMG_1131.JPG

Thanks so much for stopping by and talking a look!

Tags: , , , , , ,

20 Responses to “Weddings with Family & Friends”

1. Jodi says:

Wait, so are Kevin and Kenneth your husband’s brothers?! I had no idea!

2. WOW that cake is my dream cake. I adore red, white and black. Looks so so nice! Well all your creations are awesome. Well done.

visit my new blog with lots of recipes at http://snookysrecipedoodles.blogspot.com/

3. Beautiful, Beautiful!

4. Kevin says:

Mel…
    You forgot to mention that you are actually (sorta) related to Nicole too…
    She is your husband’s-mother’s-sister’s-husband’s-brother’s-daughter!

Keep up the awesome job! =)

5. Kris says:

Molody,
    Those cakes are gorgeous! The first one screams Flamenco! And the second one I just LOVE. My daughter is getting married here at our home in June, and I am culling ideas for everything. I am seeing those flag banners all over, and I LOVE this one. Their colors are brown and lime green! I love it! I can’t wait to get over to LB to see your new shop!

6. GORGEOUS — more masterpieces :) And HOW fun (tiring?! :) ) to be connected to both couples! Very special.

7. Kathia says:

As always your work is adorable. I am happy to know you are doing so good in your bussiness.

8. Andrea says:

I love the cakes, beautiful job (as always!!!). Do you have any tips for a beginner on how to cover “tall” tiers with fondant? Same as usual two layer tiers… or any special tips or tricks? Thanks ;]

9. farida says:

I loved the wedding cake you made! Looks very elegant and is definitely fit for a party like this:) Great pictures!

By the way, I read about you in Long Beach magazine and was proud for my fellow local food blogger) Keep up the good work!

10. Gabby says:

Beautiful cakes! Your work is amazing!!!

11. Jenny Tan says:

Both cakes are awesome! I had to kinda slow down to figure out what Kevin said about how you’re related to Nicole! ;P Do you have tutorials for making the ranunculus sugar flowers?

12. emily says:

Beautiful! How do you do the lace work? is it an impression mold??? Very cool, subtle and cool!

13. Jelli Bean says:

These cakes are lovely. They look elegant and classy, and just perfect. How do you make the lace pattern on the bottom of the white and green flowered cake? I’m very curious. Thanks for sharing!

14. LOVE those cakes! Especially the white and green one. SO cute. Amazing, as always!

15. Clara says:

Melody! I have been PORING over your blog all evening. I’m so glad I found your cute shop. The red velvet and candy bar cupcakes were to die for…and that cookie??? Best oatmeal cookie I’ve ever had. You are truly talented!

16. Kim says:

Beautiful cakes Melody! What a special day to spend with family and friends. You certainly had a huge part in making it a day to remember.

17. Whitney says:

I love the cake with the ranunculus flowers! What sizes and heights were the three tiers?

18. Karine says:

Wowowowow so impressive! Thanks for sharing :)

19. leanne says:

your work just keeps getting more beautiful, i love the white cake with the lace and lime and white flower just stunning. you are an inspiration to us novice cake decorators.

20. charlie says:

Gorgeous wedding, I love the decoration, good job.