Goodies Galore!

Well get ready for another random post full of lots of photos!  After a couple weeks at the shop I always have plenty of random orders that I photography (with my new camera of course!), so I thought today would be a good day to show them off! Hope you enjoy!

First up an adorable communion cake I did for a little girl.  I love how the clouds turned out! We used an edible frosting sheet to print the angels and verse and then piped a pearl border around it.

IMG_1215.JPG

IMG_1216.JPG

IMG_1223.JPG

Since the clouds were just too much fun I thought I would show a quick tutorial on how we made them.  First roll random size balls of fondant and stick them together with a little dab of water or egg whites.  Then roll a thin sheet of fondant and cover the balls.  Next sculpt around the balls to form one large cloud.  And finally I airbrushed the whole cake with pearl luster dust to give it a shimmer.

IMG_1144.JPG

IMG_1147.JPG

IMG_1146.JPG

Next we did a gorgeous homespun style cake and cupcakes for the sweetest bride! They LOVED our red velvet, so they got a small two tier cake and lots of yummy cupcakes for their guests.  I love when my clients are so much fun to work with!  I also had to snap some photos of the beautiful flowers they had…I love the rustic, wildflower look!

IMG_1112.JPG

IMG_1135.JPG

IMG_1120.JPG

IMG_1139.JPG

IMG_1103.JPG

IMG_1132.JPG

IMG_1116.JPG

Another fun cake I got to make recently was a Lego style cake for a cute little boy who turned 4 years old!  They wanted a little Lego firefighter on the cake as well, so I sculpted one for them.  I thought it would be fun to incorporate the Lego style with the wording too, so Tim designed the graphics for his name and age…I thought they turned out great!

IMG_2294.JPG

IMG_2290.JPG

IMG_2287.JPG

We love doing custom orders too, so these next photos are some special orders we did for our clients.  First up are some custom decorated cake lollipops for a recent baby shower.

IMG_2296.JPG

Next we did some logo style brownies for a recent birthday party.

IMG_2388.JPG

I love when our clients come to us with fun ideas!  Our client wanted to surprise her boyfriend for his birthday with custom cupcakes that had his face on it…how great are these!

IMG_2304.JPG

IMG_2300.JPG

Another fun surprise was when I was asked by Tiffany’s in South Coast Plaza to make a cake for one of their client’s anniversary.  They wanted lots of sugar peonies and pearls!

IMG_1080.JPG

IMG_1086.JPG

IMG_1083.JPG

Well thanks so much for stopping by my blog!  Hope you enjoyed the photos!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

30 Responses to “Goodies Galore!”

1. Diandra says:

These are gorgeous! I love all the creativity you use. Such an artist! And way to go on the photos too! Isn’t it addicting??? :)

2. Kathia says:

Thank you so much for sharing your work. I love the pictures and the cupcakes look delicious!

3. wow all the cakes are awesome I really like your work :)

4. doreen says:

Great pictures! And thanks for the how-to for the clouds…very clever!!

5. Aaisha says:

You are amazing :) I loved the Lego cake. So creative and fun! I’m sure the little boy loved it. Hah, it would have been so cute if he thought it was made of REAL legos and tried taking it apart :p The Tiffany’s cake is gorgeous! I can’t believe you made those flowers by hand! They look so real!

6. Joanna says:

I love the clouds. Thanks for showing us how to make them!

7. Kate says:

Seriously those clouds are great! I am going to have to figure out a reason to put clouds on a cake just to be able to try it out, lol.
    I am just loving all your pictures you have a been putting up!! Great job!

8. You are just too clever!! I’m in awe that you can create things like this with icing! How I wish I lived closer!

9. So nice to meet you! I’m good friends with Diandra, and also, you commented on Wiley Valentine’s feature on my wedding ;) I’ve heard nothing but FANTABULOUS things about you and all of your work from both the WV Girls and Diandra, I’ll definitely have to come and intro. myself when I’m in LB next!

10. Jean says:

I love them all but especially the clouds. Perfect for that cake!

11. I love the cupcakes with the faces and the one with the peonies and pearls is just gorgeous.

12. Psychgrad says:

I really love the look of the homespun style cake. Your desserts are totally adorable. I don’t think anyone is doing work like yours in my area.

13. Erin Taylor says:

I adore your work I wish you were closer. I would be there everyday if you were located in Northern Cali. But the next time I am down there I will stop by which is next month.

14. sharilyn says:

LOVE the lego cake!!! and the tiffany’s cake is exquisite!! just beautiful in all its whiteness and elegance!

15. Aly says:

Amazing! I LOVE the clouds- thanks for the tips!! So cute… :)

16. Amnah says:

Beautiful! Those clouds are too cute.
    I have a question. I know you’re a professional baker and professional bakers do not reveal their recipes or secrets, but PLEASE tell me how you made the frosting on those red velvet cupcakes! And how do you pipe it like that? Thanks!

17. Pam says:

Your creations never cease to amaze me!! I love love love your work :D
    Thank you so much for sharing it all with us. I am always excited to click on your blog to find a new post.
    You’ve inspired me to take my skills to the next level. I’m teaching myself how to work with fondant & gum paste and I’m finding it’s a lot of fun to create my own little (beginner) works of art. I step back and can’t believe that “hey, I made that!”… and it’s all because of you & other bloggers who share their knowledge & experience.
    Thank you again!!

18. linda says:

wow!
    amazing creativity & talent…thanks for sharing…now…would you please share where you purchase your fab cake plates/ stands??? thanks so much! :)

19. cakebrain says:

gee, you are amazing! those cakes are so gorgeous and the clouds and pearls look like such a dramatic way of decorating!

20. You are one creative, fab, woman!!!! Did I tell you love the new site style… you always amaze me.. how is the shop doing, coming along?

21. Landa says:

very lovely work! I cannot believe that I haven’t been in to comment.

22. cindy says:

i love those clouds! so sweet.

23. I am in LOVE with that wedding cake/cupcakes as well as their flowers!

24. Sandy says:

Beautiful! I especially love the sugar peonies ;) I’ll have to keep those in mind for our cake. Great job, as always :)

25. In the words of Rachel Zoe, “I Die!” The sugar peonies are A.MAZ.ING! Beautiful work – your vintage Halloween party was also pretty fabulous ;)

26. Lauren says:

Wonderful details, very inspiring pieces. The bubbles look amazing!

27. Thank you so much for the cloud tutorial!

28. [...] Ring pillow, sandals. Hat, lingerie, floral wreath. Gown, hanging peonies at garden wedding, peony cake. Bouquet, beautiful [...]

29. Jenny Gibson says:

I came across your quick cloud tutorial this morning and promptly used it for a cake that went out today. They were just what the cake needed – perfection, thank you!!

30. gloria says:

love your work and the clouds tutorial. i sure will be using it soon