Pops of Color

When I first met with the bride and her mother about 6 months ago for a consultation I automatically knew that I really wanted to book this wedding!  They were  fun, creative, and full of excitement for their big day and being from Texas and having a wedding here in California they had done their homework and found Courtney Toney, from Joyful Weddings & Events, to help plan for their wedding.  I can’t stress enough how important it is to have a fabulous planner, whether for the whole wedding process or at least just for the day of…they can make your wedding 10 times more enjoyable, creative, and memorable.  Courtney recommend Carissa, from JL Designs to our clients too and they fell in love (like they always do!).  So now I was really wanting the job and luckily they wanted me too!  This was such a fun wedding to plan for and was full of pops of color, fresh flowers, and cute details.  When I got to the venue I was blown away with the set-up that Courtney & Carissa had pulled off…it was just perfect! Here are some fabulous photos from Melissa Kelsey Photography of the day…enjoy!

IMG_0532 copy

IMG_1267 copy

IMG_1718 copy

IMG_1696 copy

IMG_1556 copy

IMG_1507 copy

IMG_1774 copy

IMG_1273 copy

Here are some photos of the adorable couple!

IMG_0627 copy

IMG_1098 copy

IMG_1044 copy

And more details from the gorgeous day…

IMG_1259 copy

IMG_1958 copy

IMG_1656 copy

IMG_1685 copy

IMG_1477 copy

IMG_1839 copy

Now check out the cutest candy bar you have EVER seen!  I thought Courtney did an amazing job with the set-up of this!

IMG_1532 copy

IMG_1517 copy

IMG_1670 copy

IMG_1559 copy

IMG_1767 copy

IMG_1753 copy

IMG_1535 copy

I was so excited for my dessert display because I knew Courtney was making me a fabulous backdrop and Carissa blew me away with the wheat grass and fresh tulip display for my cake stand to sit on…how amazing it that!?!  I wanted to pull together all the fun pops of color and make this display delicious eye candy!  The bride loved the cake I designed while I was in Ron Ben Israel’s class last year, so since I don’t like copying exact cakes that I have done before we switched it up by changing around the color scheme, flowers, and details…I loved how it turned out and was so excited once I put it on the cake stand!

IMG_1631 copy

IMG_1646 copy

For the mini desserts we did monogram sugar cookies, mini key lime pies, passion fruit, coconut, macadamia nut tarts, mini cheesecakes with fresh raspberries, and cake lollipops.

IMG_1573 copy

IMG_1726.JPG

IMG_1583 copy

IMG_1872 copy

IMG_1729.JPG

Love these ladies…

IMG_1743.JPG

And of course I had to snap a photo of my fabulous business partner, friend, and master cake lollipop maker…my wonderful mother!!!

IMG_1750.JPG

I don’t know how I ever thought I could run a whole store/business without her! She, along with my whole family, has been more amazing than I could ever of hoped and dreamed for.  After pulling 36 hours straight last weekend without sleep (yes, I overbooked)  I was even more grateful for the immense amount of help my mother has been!

IMG_1873 copy

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

26 Responses to “Pops of Color”

1. Heather Kent says:

WOW! What a beautiful wedding. I absolutely love everything about it. The bridesmaids’ dresses are adorable! I want one. Great job Mel with the cake/desserts! – Heather

2. Betsy Blue says:

Melody! You are AMAZING! Love every inch of this!

3. wow. I jsut want to have a wedding all over agin with that theme! GORGEOUS pics!

4. Doreen says:

Absolutely beautiful!

5. –Sigh– If I could re-do my wedding, it would be exactly like this! I really, really wanted a dessert bar. If only I had found you five years ago :) The wedding colors are absolutely perfect. I love it!

6. What a cool wedding! Your cool cake and desserts fitted in so nicely!

7. Rachael says:

love love love that cake Melody!! What great colors you got to work with….gorgeous!!

8. Jenny Tan says:

Oh gosh, I LOVE EVERYTHING, and I mean E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!!! The Mr. & Mrs. table is so cute! The deco, the colors, the photos of the b&g, the candy and dessert bar! Love the rings on the cake lollipops! Beautiful, and Fun! :)

9. This is absolutely the most adorable set up I’ve ever seen, it is just ADORABLE! Cute even!!!

10. Lotte says:

just amazing. wish I would live in the USA and you could give me some advice on cake decorating

11. jana says:

Love the colours! Love the wedding cake! it is really joy looking at your cakes!

12. Emily says:

Gorgeous pictures! Looks like a really fun wedding.

13. Wow this is amazing!!

14. wow how nice! your work is spectacular. Ha I overbooked too and I think I ll be having a sleepless weekend

15. Amnah says:

G O R G E O U S !!!! (Yes, I’m yelling!!) You are a total inspiration.

16. Melody, I went to go visit my husband yesterday in L.B. He has a client off of Atlantic and the day ran longer then expected so we had dinner in town. We decided to drive to our old stomping grounds for dinner.. (we had lived in Los Altos close to the College)
    Fish and Chips.. I still think there some of the best I have ever had. :)
    While I was sitting in the car with the kids looking at some photo’s I had just taken
    I happened to glance up to see if he was close yet to bringing the food. When I saw the Sweet and Saucy Cake shop sign I immediately knew it had to be you. I remembered you living in L.B.. :) I quickly ran in hoping you where there but another darling gal was at the counter.. but she did say it was you who owned the store. “Congratulations”!!!
    What a beautiful store and display of all your gifted talents!! I haven’t been to your blog lately so I didn’t know you were now in a store front! What a fun surprise..
    Great location too!! All the success in the world to you and may His blessings abound!!

17. Aly says:

BEAUTIFUL… as always!! Can’t wait to take some of your classes!!

18. Kathia Castro says:

Wowwwwwwwww!! I don’t even know what to say. Everything is just lovely.

19. sandie says:

This is absolutely gorgeous! I have to tell you though, I can’t pick out your mom in the photo, it looks more like three sisters!!

20. Katie says:

This is a beautiful wedding. And, as always, you did an incredible job with the desserts. I love the picture of the rings on the cake pop!!

21. marjorie says:

you are truly amazing women. And what makes you so talented is the support of a loving husband, family, and good friends. Keep on what you’re doing.

22. Deborah says:

I have to tell you, I am so impressed with your work. You don’t know me… I went to a baby shower last weekend and they had your cake ball lollipop there. The most delicious red velvet I have ever had! I wish I had your talent. Your cakes are amazing. If only I had the money to take a class from you :( Best of luck to you. Congratulations on a wonderful business where you are able to share your amazing talents! I hope someday I get to have another taste of your red velvet cake ball lollipops.

~Deborah

23. [...] To see more photos Click here [...]

24. Rylan says:

As usual, everything look soo delish and super classy! I LOVE IT!

25. [...] (fotos y reportaje my sweet and saucy) « Bodys originales [...]

26. [...] are huge, of course, but brides are branching out even more to do things like candy bars and mini dessert bars for the [...]