O Magazine Cookies…all the DETAILS!!!

This last week was a whirlwind experience!  I had just completed the previous week’s order, which included wedding cakes, lots of cupcakes, and of course a last minute 800 cake lollipop order (not to mention that my mother was out of town in Hawaii that whole week) and as I sat on my couch at home trying to take a breather I got a call from none other than the Oprah Show!!!  To say I was shocked was an understatement, but of course when they asked me if I could get 500 sugar cookies out for the Ellen Show by Thursday I said yes! My family knows that I will almost always say yes to anything and then I just try to figure out how to do it!

For all of you who don’t know the whole Oprah/Ellen story, Ellen had been trying for quite some time to land on the cover of O Magazine and this past week her wish came true.  O Magazine wanted to send her a special gift to congratulate her on the day the magazine came out and that is where I came in.  I have to say a big THANK YOU to my whole staff, family & friends for helping me pump out 500 amazing cookies in 48 hours…it was quite a task (along with running a storefront and making other daily orders as well), but they did an amazing job with it!  So here are some photos that I took to document the fun experience! Hope you enjoy them!

Even my best friend Kate stopped by the shop to lend a helping hand!

After rolling all the dough, baking the cookies, outlining & filling them will frosting, laying on the transfer sheets, and putting an icing border on THEN we had to cut the ribbons and bag ALL 500 cookies!

I also thought it would be a lot of fun to make one giant sugar cookie in hopes that Ellen would put it on her show and I guess it worked!

Here are some shots of the delivery!  Ellen’s office was so much fun inside and of course getting onto Warner Bros Studio wasn’t half bad either!

God has blessed me with such great opportunities work-wise and I can only thank Him for these amazing and fun experiences!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

27 Responses to “O Magazine Cookies…all the DETAILS!!!”

1. you are so so so amazing. god’s blessings are all over you and your family. I am so happy to be your friend. proud of you friend.

2. Eva Chiou says:

Melody, You are so talented and this is so well deserved! Of course you still look perfect after baking, icing, transferring, cutting and bagging 500 cookies! =) Congratulations!!

3. I second everything Jesi said :)

4. Congrats, Melody!! This is such a cool story! You are amazingly talented. Like Eva said, you still look good after all that work!

5. Evan says:

That is so wonderful!

6. Wanda says:

I am so proud and happy for you and this is only the beggining for Sweet and Saucy Shop. May God keep on blessing you. Hugs and congrats!

7. Jean says:

What a great tribute to you and your baking skills. You are amazing saying yes to so many cookies in such a short time. I am so glad you were able to fill that order and have this experience! Congratulations.

8. Wow! That is fabulous and a ton of work! Can I ask how many edible ink-cartridges you went through?

9. Diana says:

Thanks for the details, Mel, inquiring minds have been wanting to know! What an exciting opportunity.

10. Jenny Tan says:

Amazing!!! That’s A LOT OF WORK, but I’m sure it’s well worth it!! God bless you, your family and all your wonderful friends! :) Thanks for sharing!

11. Kris says:

Melody, I am not surprised in the least! You have worked hard to achieve your success! What a wonderful thing to have had your cookies on the Ellen show!

12. Aimee says:

Awesome! What a great opportunity for you and reward for all the hard work.

13. Congratulations Melody, I was in Temecula and I had to race to a TV to see your cookies – amazing job, I agree with Eva =)

14. justJENN says:

Cool – congrats!

15. Hailey says:

You totally deserve it, Melody!!! Way to go :-) What’s next?!

16. Leslie says:

Sooo much fun! Congrats again!!!

17. How cool is this!! Lucky lady…

18. Karen says:

Awesome job!! Cookies so pretty! Way to go Mel!

19. lisa says:

You are blessed, Melody! And you bless others with your gifts, too. You have a great talent and I’m so happy to see you are living your dream! Good for you to give glory to God. May your blessings continue to multiply :)

20. These are fantastic, and what a great opportunity!

21. mal cakes says:

these are amazing and so are you, i love your work. congrats (:

22. Jelli Bean says:

I´m sure that this experience was a real thrill. Congratulations to you and your crew for all the hard work. I´m sure that the publicity that this will bring to you will indeed make for you a very merry Christmas. God is good, isn´t He?

23. A M A Z I N G!!! Congrats on such an awesome order! The cookies and packaging turned out FAB! So excited for you and your team… look forward to working together soon! ~Candice

24. Aly Bonafede says:

That is so AWESOME Melody!!! What a great experience for you all… Pretty soon we’re gonna see you on one of those competitions shows- I can feel it!! You are a great inspiration to so many! :)

25. Danielle says:

Love it Mel! Congrats! I especially enjoyed seeing pictures of Susie and Aunt Rosie, tell team I say hi! I miss you guys!

26. Katie says:

HOW exciting! You did a great job! You always do and I am so so so glad that you are getting recognition for it! And so so so glad that you thank God for your blessings!

27. We are SOO Proud of you! I was watching and cheering you on from my sofa!!!! Congrats!