O Magazine Cookies…all the DETAILS!!!

This last week was a whirlwind experience!  I had just completed the previous week’s order, which included wedding cakes, lots of cupcakes, and of course a last minute 800 cake lollipop order (not to mention that my mother was out of town in Hawaii that whole week) and as I sat on my couch at home trying to take a breather I got a call from none other than the Oprah Show!!!  To say I was shocked was an understatement, but of course when they asked me if I could get 500 sugar cookies out for the Ellen Show by Thursday I said yes! My family knows that I will almost always say yes to anything and then I just try to figure out how to do it!

For all of you who don’t know the whole Oprah/Ellen story, Ellen had been trying for quite some time to land on the cover of O Magazine and this past week her wish came true.  O Magazine wanted to send her a special gift to congratulate her on the day the magazine came out and that is where I came in.  I have to say a big THANK YOU to my whole staff, family & friends for helping me pump out 500 amazing cookies in 48 hours…it was quite a task (along with running a storefront and making other daily orders as well), but they did an amazing job with it!  So here are some photos that I took to document the fun experience! Hope you enjoy them!

IMG_4309.JPG

IMG_4255.JPG

IMG_4269.JPG

IMG_4267.JPG

IMG_4259.JPG

IMG_4262.JPG

Even my best friend Kate stopped by the shop to lend a helping hand!

IMG_4271.JPG

IMG_4263.JPG

IMG_4268.JPG

IMG_4315.JPG

After rolling all the dough, baking the cookies, outlining & filling them will frosting, laying on the transfer sheets, and putting an icing border on THEN we had to cut the ribbons and bag ALL 500 cookies!

IMG_4265.JPG

IMG_4330.JPG

IMG_4285.JPG

I also thought it would be a lot of fun to make one giant sugar cookie in hopes that Ellen would put it on her show and I guess it worked!

IMG_4333.JPG

Here are some shots of the delivery!  Ellen’s office was so much fun inside and of course getting onto Warner Bros Studio wasn’t half bad either!

IMG_4346.JPG

IMG_4347.JPG

IMG_4343.JPG

IMG_4336.JPG

IMG_4337.JPG

God has blessed me with such great opportunities work-wise and I can only thank Him for these amazing and fun experiences!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

27 Responses to “O Magazine Cookies…all the DETAILS!!!”

1. you are so so so amazing. god’s blessings are all over you and your family. I am so happy to be your friend. proud of you friend.

2. Eva Chiou says:

Melody, You are so talented and this is so well deserved! Of course you still look perfect after baking, icing, transferring, cutting and bagging 500 cookies! =) Congratulations!!

3. I second everything Jesi said :)

4. Congrats, Melody!! This is such a cool story! You are amazingly talented. Like Eva said, you still look good after all that work!

5. Evan says:

That is so wonderful!

6. Wanda says:

I am so proud and happy for you and this is only the beggining for Sweet and Saucy Shop. May God keep on blessing you. Hugs and congrats!

7. Jean says:

What a great tribute to you and your baking skills. You are amazing saying yes to so many cookies in such a short time. I am so glad you were able to fill that order and have this experience! Congratulations.

8. Wow! That is fabulous and a ton of work! Can I ask how many edible ink-cartridges you went through?

9. Diana says:

Thanks for the details, Mel, inquiring minds have been wanting to know! What an exciting opportunity.

10. Jenny Tan says:

Amazing!!! That’s A LOT OF WORK, but I’m sure it’s well worth it!! God bless you, your family and all your wonderful friends! :) Thanks for sharing!

11. Kris says:

Melody, I am not surprised in the least! You have worked hard to achieve your success! What a wonderful thing to have had your cookies on the Ellen show!

12. Aimee says:

Awesome! What a great opportunity for you and reward for all the hard work.

Best-
    A

13. Congratulations Melody, I was in Temecula and I had to race to a TV to see your cookies – amazing job, I agree with Eva =)

14. justJENN says:

Cool – congrats!

15. Hailey says:

You totally deserve it, Melody!!! Way to go :-) What’s next?!

16. Leslie says:

Sooo much fun! Congrats again!!!

17. How cool is this!! Lucky lady…

18. Karen says:

Awesome job!! Cookies so pretty! Way to go Mel!

19. lisa says:

You are blessed, Melody! And you bless others with your gifts, too. You have a great talent and I’m so happy to see you are living your dream! Good for you to give glory to God. May your blessings continue to multiply :)

20. These are fantastic, and what a great opportunity!

21. mal cakes says:

these are amazing and so are you, i love your work. congrats (:

22. Jelli Bean says:

I´m sure that this experience was a real thrill. Congratulations to you and your crew for all the hard work. I´m sure that the publicity that this will bring to you will indeed make for you a very merry Christmas. God is good, isn´t He?

23. A M A Z I N G!!! Congrats on such an awesome order! The cookies and packaging turned out FAB! So excited for you and your team… look forward to working together soon! ~Candice

24. Aly Bonafede says:

That is so AWESOME Melody!!! What a great experience for you all… Pretty soon we’re gonna see you on one of those competitions shows- I can feel it!! You are a great inspiration to so many! :)

25. Danielle says:

Love it Mel! Congrats! I especially enjoyed seeing pictures of Susie and Aunt Rosie, tell team I say hi! I miss you guys!

26. Katie says:

HOW exciting! You did a great job! You always do and I am so so so glad that you are getting recognition for it! And so so so glad that you thank God for your blessings!

27. We are SOO Proud of you! I was watching and cheering you on from my sofa!!!! Congrats!