Green, Grey, & White: The Perfect Color Scheme

Well, as many of you probably know I am a big fan of the color grey!  I have tons of clothes that are grey, my office is painted grey, and I LOVE making wedding cakes with grey on them.  This wedding was such a dream to do…not only was I blessed with a fabulously nice couple, but they also were smart enough to hire on Courtney, from Joyful Weddings & Events, Amy Squires & Co for photography, and & Kristin from The Treasured Petal.  All three ladies did a gorgeous job with this wedding and Ynes & Ryan were simply beautiful together!  Here are the details from their special day!  Thanks to Amy & Lane for the wonderful photos!

I loved every detail of this wedding…from her gorgeous dress to the stunning flowers…it all was perfect!

What a fun backdrop this was…

Here are some details of the reception!

And here is the cake!

I just LOVE the backdrop Courtney made for me!

Of course I had to take some detail photos of the cake too, so here they are.  We made a magnolia sugar flower for the top tier and accented the cake with ribbons, fondant lace, and pearl accents.  This was actually one of my largest cakes to date…once it was on the table it was definitely taller than me!

I hope Ynes & Ryan have a Happy New Year!  Thanks so much for letting me be a part of your special day!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

11 Responses to “Green, Grey, & White: The Perfect Color Scheme”

1. It was SUCH a gorgeous cake and was so tasty (as always!). Guests could not get enough of it :) What a great year of weddings we had together!

2. Cookie says:

Love your color choice. Would you mind telling me what types of candy you had on the Sweets table? Thank you!

3. jana says:

Melody, Happy New Year! May all your wishes come true! I definitely love your style, your colors, designs! enjoying each picture you and your co-workers, and cooperators publish…. wishing you to become at least “west coast design cakes star”!!!! but I think you have many many followers and admirers all around the world!
    just be yourself, express yourself and continue showing us your pieces of art!
    many kisses and love from Rhodes, Greece!

4. wow what a gorgeous wedding. I want one just like that :)

5. Just Perfect! It’s such drooling to me.

6. Gigi says:

gorgeous wedding! i agree, i just loved the grey. wow :D

7. Vaneesha says:

I LOVE this cake (and wedding!) the colors are fabulous! Melody you are amazing at what you do! Next time I am out in SoCal I am stopping by your shop to try your cakes!!

8. paige appel says:

absolutely love this one!!

9. Jenny says:

The cake looks awesome ! and the dessert table is amazing as well !

10. Kelly says:

I adore the color scheme! What a lovely wedding. Does anyone know what venue it was at?

11. Megan says:

Where did you get the grey dresses and green shoes? Thanks!