A Proposal & Wedding

Well a lot of fun things have been happening at the shop recently!  A few months back the sweetest guy ever, Devin, emailed me asking if I was possibly up for him proposing to his girlfriend Kristen at our shop.  He said Kristen was a big fan of the blog and lover of sweets like me, so of course without thinking twice I said a big YES!  Time went by and Devin kept me in the loop with his plans of them flying to California and his thoughts on how to propose.  He designed the gorgeous ring himself and wanted me to make a cake with some of the design elements incorporated into it.  We set the cake up with the rest of our daily treats and had a sign made for it that said “Turn Around Kristen”!  When they walked in the door I was a little nervous that I would mess up their special moment, but thankfully everything went as planned…Kristen had absolutely no idea of what was going on and we chatted for about 5 minutes before she even glanced at the desserts.  Then I tried to describe the treats and point her in the direction of the special cake…she was still not catching on…so finally I asked her if she could read me what “flavor” the cake was. Instead she told me the sign read “Turn Around Kristen” and that she was Kristen, SO I told her to turn around and as you can guess the rest is history!

IMG_7751.JPG

Here are some photos of the gorgeous ring that he sent me for inspiration…Kristen is one lucky lady!

2(2)

IMG_7747.JPG

IMG_7743.JPG

IMG_7752.JPG

IMG_7753.JPG

Now grab some tissues everyone!  Too bad we didn’t have a recorder going because Devin made one of the most romantic proposals ever…very touching!

IMG_7756.JPG

IMG_7757.JPG

IMG_7754.JPG

IMG_7758.JPG

IMG_7761.JPG

IMG_7765.JPG

IMG_7769.JPG

The happy couple!

IMG_7770.JPG

And yes I should’ve put a little make-up on and done my hair, but I’m a baker right…

IMG_7772.JPG

Thank you so much Devin and Kristen for letting us share in your special moment!  I am so happy for you both and wish you only the best!

This next wedding was such a pleasure to do also!  The bride, Kerri, was so much fun to work with and really jumped into helping with the design and set up.  Kerri & her mother made all of the cake stands by gluing plates onto cups, bowls, and candlesticks and bought matching platters to go along with them.  I love it!  She also made the backdrop and the signs too!

IMG_7663.JPG

I am finally getting time to make more sugar flowers lately and had a great time making this orange ranunculus flower.

IMG_7730.JPG

IMG_7723.JPG

They wanted their guests to have lots of yummy mini desserts too so we made mini candy bar cupcakes, mini lemon cupcakes with fresh raspberries, vanilla cake lollipops,  chocolate espresso cake lollipops, and mini chocolate peanut butter pies.

IMG_7709.JPG

IMG_7705.JPG

IMG_7717.JPG

IMG_7700.JPG

Thanks for letting me bring some “sweet” to your special day!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 Responses to “A Proposal & Wedding”

1. Good job Devin! What a sweet way to propose.

I love the cakestands your bride and her mom made! I have been collecting some vintage plates, cups, candlesticks etc. to make some of those myself! Hopefully they come out as well as the beautiful ones they made.

2. Oh my lord! That proposal story was just too sweet and seriously brougth tears to my eyes when I saw the image with the sign “Turn Around Kristen!” What a lucky gal! And your orange ranunculus?! Things don’t get much better than that! LOVE!

3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this story! What an awesome thing to tell their kids and grandkids someday. It was so “sweet” with all the details and your delicious desserts. The ring is sooo pretty. Is he an artist? I love how you made facets on your cake ring. Your attention to details is scrumptious! :) So glad you shared this.

4. Lisa@The Cutting Edge of Ordinary says:

Wow – that’s one beautiful ring and one fab cake! What a sweet story.

5. RLV says:

That proposal was suh-weet! And the ring is gorgeous!!! What a perfect setting! The cake just tops it off!

6. How sweet ! The cake and ring are beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

7. We’ve done a couple of proposals and I just love them! Neither have been in the bakery though but the couples came in after which was just wonderful.

8. Sandy says:

Oh my that guy is the sweetest! and the ring is so pretty…and your cake matches the ring very well ! best of luck to happy couple =)

9. Lisa Smiley says:

oh my goodness! i am in tears! that was sooo awesome! she is one lucky lady..and how special that you got to be part of it! sooo sweet!

10. Elvira says:

Such a sweet and unique proposal!!

11. Pilar says:

I love your work, thanks for sharing this sweet tale.

12. Kristen says:

I happen to be that VERY lucky lady! Melody, thank you SO much for making this moment incredibly special for us! I was so excited to meet you and see your shop – I think that made me even more clueless as to everything that was going on :) You are a rockstar, and we absolutely loved the cake – thank you again!

Thank you all for the well wishes – we are so excited and happy!

13. justJENN says:

Wowee look at that ring!

14. oh my gosh- that is so stinkin cute!

15. this is so cool and so romantic, you are so nice! they are awesome! it is nice to create happy moments! well done! :)

16. Carollee says:

You are so talented. I love looking at all the beautiful sweets that you design, they are always so gorgeous. I couldn’t even imagine eating them.

17. Marilyn says:

Your stuff is great, they look so professional and neat. Your pictures are awesome. That story was too cute, and Devin is a true romantic……oh and very thoughtful.

18. Josie says:

Does Devin have a brother?

19. whitney says:

That’s so awesome! I love your shop too! This is a very cool story you get to tell. I love reading your blog!

20. Betty Lang says:

i love love love your work! thanks for sharing this sweet proposal! i have to visit your shop one of these days :)

21. Girl Japan says:

THE Ring is stunningly beautiful, what a fabulous proposal… you captured it well.

22. Wow! That is really sweet and so beautiful. I like that you had to have her turn around, it’s soooooo cute. She didn’t realize anything. Very Nice!

23. Zahra says:

hey there!

I just stumbled across your blog and I am in love! everything is so pretty :) I must say im very jealous of your amazing talent ;)

24. Fernanda says:

WOW!! Loooooooovvveedd this story! You are a sweetheart for helping them out… I just had to re-post this in Spanish… I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!

25. Devin says:

Melody, I can’t thank you enough for helping me to put together a special day and a story that neither myself nor Kristen will ever forget. As Kristen said, you’re a rockstar!

We absolutely loved the shop, and were excited just to be able to meet you and see it in person.

Thank you, everyone, for the well wishes, as Kristen said already. We really appreciate it. :-)

26. Lucy says:

What an adorable proposal – must have been a very nervous time for you! The dessert bar looks fantastic :D

27. Aww…sweet story and beautiful work I might add. That cake, awesome in it’s simplicity.

28. Jenny Tan says:

That is such a sweet story. Well done Devin. You’ve just made every husband (especially mine) look BAD, and you’ve set the standard way up there for those who are planning to propose!!! ;) lol. It is SO TRUE…I needed the tissues the moment I saw the Kristen’s photo! What a beautiful ring and couple. Wish you two THE BEST. :)

Melody, both the cakes look lovely as always. Will be be posting a tutorial on the ranunculus flower?? I wanna learn to make more flowers, but am stuck, and kinda afraid to move beyond roses. :P

29. Soiree says:

Oh I love the orange ranunculus you made it is perfection as always. Move up to NorCal so I can use your services and indulge every once in a while.

30. Soiree says:

Hey I wanted to let you know I posted a little blurb about you on my blog. Have a great weekend.

31. Amandap says:

I am crazy for the two persons,It is a moving wedding,they are so happy and high.

32. Olivia says:

What a cute story! (and cake, of course!). I love your blog, by the way…everything looks too pretty to eat! :)

33. KrisD Mauga says:

I absolutely love this!!!! What an adorable story! Congrats to the newly engaged!

34. christina says:

what a sweet proposal..i love it!

35. Pat says:

Love this! He must be a very thoughtful and sentimental guy to do this for her ~ great. Thanks for sharing such a special story. Everything in your shop looks to die for! I can only imagine how wonderful it tastes ~