Twilight Photo Shoot!

Being able to collaborate on photo shoots with other talented people in the wedding industry is definitely one of my favorite aspects of my job!  I find that they give me a chance to push the envelope and try some new techniques and designs out.  This photo shoot was definitely an experience like that.  When Lina Wallace and Heather Ham told me about their plans for a Twilight inspired photo shoot I knew I couldn’t turn it down and then to top it off they said Meg Perotti was photographing it, so I knew the photos would be gorgeous!  Lina and Heather definitely thought this shoot through and have great back stories to all of their design and details.  They wanted to do their interpretation of what they thought Twilight’s wedding look might be like…we had all seen the darker side play out in photo shoots, but they wanted to do a lighter feel to it and do more of a forest, earthy look to it.  I have to say they did AMAZING!  Here ares some words from them describing the look…

We mainly took our inspiration from the fourth book in The Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer, Breaking Dawn, in which the two characters Bella and Edward get married. The wedding was described as taking place at the house where Edward and his family live in the woods surrounded by all white flowers. We also took inspiration from the iconic cover of the first book where hands are holding an apple. Apples were used as escort cards, candleholders, a cake topper, and our signature beverage, hot apple cider.

For our ceremony setup we had floating rose heads and crystals hanging from a tree with a simple white rose petal aisle.

For the bouquet, we used peonies, roses, lisianthus, dusty miller and bluporum tied with a simple white ribbon that had the words “so the lion fell in love with the lamb” written by our calligrapher, Calligraphy Katrina.

MegPerotti_Twilight_255

MegPerotti_Twilight_160

MegPerotti_Twilight_131

MegPerotti_Twilight_036

MegPerotti_Twilight_034

For the cake I knew I wanted to have some hand painting, but also some other 3D elements that popped off the cake.  My friend Heather did the painting part for me and then we made sugar molds to accent the side of the cake and also stuck on real lace pieces as well for texture.  And to top off the cake I thought a hand painted silver apple would be the perfect addition!

MegPerotti_Twilight_002

MegPerotti_Twilight_168

MegPerotti_Twilight_188

MegPerotti_Twilight_012

MegPerotti_Twilight_015

MegPerotti_Twilight_050

MegPerotti_Twilight_088

For the favors, we had several options including buttons with “Team Bella” and “Team Edward”, as well as miniature green trees and pashmina wraps in coordinating colors.

For our main tablescape we used all white flowers (roses, lisianthus and hydrangea) as well as some greenery (dusty miller and bluporum and a few succulents). We incorporated apples as candleholders as well as using floating candles in glass containers and silver candelabras. We had a lace table runner made by Sashes of love placed down the center of the table. We had menus made by our calligrapher with each guest’s name (Bella, Edward, Alice, Emmett, Esme, Carlisle, Rosalie and Jasper). We used a chocolate brown satin ribbon with a crystal broach at each place setting.

We also decided to do a “Luxe for Less” look to show brides how they could take a high-end tablescape and interpret it into something more reasonable for those concerned with their budget. Instead of the rented wooden tables we used a standard linen in camel. We used wooden folding chairs in an antique finish and used a single candelabra with a few floral centerpieces for a similar effect as the main tablescape.

We wanted to bring Bella and Edward’s wedding to life similar to how it is described in the book. We’ve seen other inspirations that are very gothic and dark using reds and blacks, but we wanted to show our interpretation of what their wedding would really look like with delicate, light, airy details.

MegPerotti_Twilight_222

MegPerotti_Twilight_217

MegPerotti_Twilight_225

MegPerotti_Twilight_197

MegPerotti_Twilight_202

MegPerotti_Twilight_231

MegPerotti_Twilight_214

Thanks to all the wonderful vendors that made this gorgeous photo shoot a reality!

Event Design: Lina Wallace – A Stunning Affair and Heather Ham – Events by Heather Ham/ Photography: Meg Perotti / Floral design: Lina Wallace Rentals: Classic Party Rentals / Stationary: Calligraphy Katrina / Table Runner: Sashes for Love / Venue: Church of Our Saviour

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

30 Responses to “Twilight Photo Shoot!”

1. Evan says:

I love this entire shoot! Twilight inspire or not, every detail is absolutely gorgeous!

2. I love the idea of putting tea lights in an apple! Have to try it at our next dinner party.

3. Devin says:

Gorgeous! as Evan said, regardless of theme, everything is simply stunning. Bravo, as always. :-)

4. Lisa says:

This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing! I live on a lake and this is how I dream of (and plan to) have it set up for our family gatherings this summer. Thank you for your inspiration!
    Lisa

5. Crystal says:

Absolutely gorgeous! I love it!

6. doreen says:

Just lovely! Love everything about it!

7. Elvira says:

I love This PHOTO SHOOT!!! AMAZING!! Where are the table number holders and candle holders from?

8. Terry says:

Everything looks perfect!

9. sharilyn says:

love the tree painted on the cake… tres cool! :)

10. Tanya says:

Wow! Amazing! Everything is so gorgeous!

11. This gave me the chills! It captures the book beautifully. Well done!

12. this was such an amazing inspiration to reality and I’m Team Edward so I’m loving this!

13. EZSweets says:

this is so pretty!

14. Shirley says:

I just found your website and am totally blown away. All your work is simply amazing! I’ll definitely be one of your “regulars”!

15. Alice says:

I love your site, your pictures and your style, you are very talented!
    and I love twilight too… ;)
    kisses

Alice
    aliciotta82.blogspot.com

16. Melissa says:

This is so gorgeous! I have many friends who I have to email this link to!

17. Vaneesha says:

Melody – you (and your team of vendors) are amazing!! I absolutely love your blog posts and this one is my favorite ( am a HUGE twighlight fan!) your beautiful creations are inspiring!! You are so very talented!!!!

18. Melody, it was truly an honor and blessing that you were a part of this design. I couldn’t think of anyone else to do the cake we were hoping for & you far exceeded our expectations. The words “Thank You” aren’t enough to tell you how truly grateful we are.

And, Elvira, to answer tour question, the table name stand and the candelabras are from Classic Party Rentals which is a nationwide rental company.

19. stephanie says:

wow this is just gorgeous …well i know what my wedding will look like lol

20. i’m team edward
    and
    team sweet & saucy …. just lovely….great job!!!

21. I fell in love with this GORGEOUS photo shoot and was pleasantly surprised to see that it was inspired by the Twilight series. I love the refreshing vibe instead of the gothic look that you typically see accompany Twilight parties.

I wrote a blog post about this photo session and linked back to you. Thank you for the inspiration!

22. Holen says:

Simply beautiful. I love the floral arrangements.

23. lyndsay says:

love the cake. i’m not even a twilight fan… that cake can be admired whether you are a fan or not! ;)

24. Natalie says:

I LOVE this cake design- whimsical but still dark and not super girly. The flowers are simple and elegant too.

25. [...] all of those decadent dessert tables you have been seeing lately. They got together with a team of talented folks and created an inspirational wedding setting for ‘Twilight’ heroine Bella Swan and [...]

26. [...] all of those decadent dessert tables you have been seeing lately. They got together with a team of talented folks and created an inspirational wedding setting for ‘Twilight’ heroine Bella Swan and [...]

27. Mike Weigel says:

I wish more people would write blogs like this that are actually interesting to read. With all the crap floating around on the web, it is refreshing to read a blog like yours instead.

28. [...] This photo was part of a Twilight Photo Shoot: [...]