High School Sweethearts

I have definitely been waiting a while to be able to post this wedding!  Right from the start I was super excited to work with this particular bride & groom because I actually had the pleasure of going to high school with both of them!  I was student body president and Ashley was president of her freshman class…to say the least we hit it off perfectly the first time we met during student council meetings.  My husband even ended up playing soccer with her husband Tommy too!  I absolutely love being able to make wedding cakes for people I know and help them celebrate their special day!  Ashley & her mother have amazing style and are incredibly gorgeous, so I knew the wedding would be one for the books…and boy was I right! They hired on an amazing team of vendors including Brooke Keegan, as the wedding planner, Aaron Delesie, who took the amazing photos, and Annette Gomez did the incredible floral decor!

Since this wedding will inspire and probably leave you wanting to know more I highly recommend checking out Style Me Pretty’s feature as well which gives lots and lots of details!  And just a warning…Ashley will most definitely make you jealous of her beauty so beware!

0067

0017

0047

0042

0007

0195

0008

The details in this wedding are what make it so special and you can really see how much love went into every aspect of it!

0699

0598

0303

0411

The florals for this wedding have to be some of my favorite so far…simply dreamy!

0721

0864

And the flower girl dresses were too adorable for words!

0790

0971

0789

California-Wedding-by-Aaron-Delesie-9

0712

0761

California-Wedding-by-Aaron-Delesie-12

0885

0998

California-Wedding-by-Aaron-Delesie-2

0735

California-Wedding-by-Aaron-Delesie-5

1056

1018

The reception design we just as gorgeous!  I love all of the earth tones mixed in with the blush pink!

1255

1256

1266

1304

1263

For the wedding cake Ashley wanted something elegant and dreamy!  She loved the idea of having sugar pearls and sugar crystals on the cake and her mother also found a vintage bride & groom cake topper, which I adored!  We decided on add one large sugar peony and let the cake rest of a simple clear cake stand, as if it was floating on nothing at all.

1275

1279

1290

I wish Ashley & Tommy all the blessings in the whole and absolutely love that they live right by my bakery so they can pop in and say hi once in a while!

1203

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

23 Responses to “High School Sweethearts”

1. I love all the different textures on the cake. They tie together so perfectly! I also adore her gown. It’s gorgeous!

2. Jessica Lynn says:

every single photo is GORGEOUS. What a wonderful collaboration by so many vendors to pull off a beautiful day for a beautiful couple!

3. Em says:

So beautiful! I love the cake stand…I’ve never seen an elevated cake like that. Do you know where they bought the bridesmaid dresses?

4. Absolutely love this wedding. The florals are absolutely gorgeous. I love working with those pale peach dahlias…beautiful! And beautiful cake too. Simple and beautiful.

5. Katie says:

Oh my goodness, this wedding was just exquisite! As always you did an amazing job with the cake!!

6. Jelli says:

As silly as it sounds, these photos are so beautiful that they made me teary. It makes me so happy to see people so in love and able to celebrate their marriage in such a gorgeous place with such beautiful decor. Marriage deserves the best start it can get!

7. The WV Girls says:

Wow!! Love this wedding! Gorgeous cake, gorgeous dress, flowers…everything!

8. wow fantastic wedding :)

9. Beautiful couple, beautiful wedding, beautiful cake. I fell in love with the design of the petals down the aisle– innovative and gorgeous. Thanks for sharing! :)

Brianne a.k.a Miss Diamond Ring

10. Girl Japan says:

Her dress is absolutely stunning, the flower girl dresses, like a whisper of pink.

11. Pilar says:

Everything was so pretty… I’m truly jealous. The cake was very elegant and solemn. Congrats!

12. Terra says:

WOW! That was a stunning wedding! Perfect colors and flowers . . . and cake, of course!

13. Ashley says:

Beautiful cake! I loved how simple it was. You were right Ashley does make you jealous of her beauty! Great wedding photos!

14. Beautiful reception, amazing cake! Everything compliments each other. Great job Melody!

15. Oh I love the colors! Beautiful and elegant in every sense. I loved the bride’s dress with the lace and the crossed straps in the back, oh simply lovely.

16. Lindsay says:

I NEED those shoes!! Do you know the name?? I’ve been searching for over an hour and they look a little like the “frenchie” ballet flats but not exactly. Anyone???? I’m desperate!

17. Shari says:

You have a beautiful eye for composition. Gorgeous photos!!

18. jenny says:

oh my goodness! I am obsessed with everything about this post! great work :)

19. Dognbird says:

So gorgeous, love the pink tones and sheer romance of this wedding! Thank you!!

20. Amber Peters says:

Wow!!!! She really is breath taking!! You did a fabulous job!!! Thanks for sharing!!

21. betty says:

what AMAZING photo’s!

22. Bridecow says:

Those flower girls look like cherubs!!!! AUgggghh soooooo adorable!!!!!!

23. [...] See more photos of Ashley & Tommy’s wedding at Style Me Pretty and My Sweet Saucy. [...]