Adorable 1st Birthday Party

Well I am starting to be a pathetic blogger again, so my apologies!  I wanted to get some fun eye candy up even though I am about to fall asleep at the computer! These adorable photos were taken at a 1st birthday party I had the pleasure of doing the desserts for.  She wanted the party to have a girlie, vintage feel to it and I think it came out gorgeous!

IMG_7494.JPG

We decided to do a center cake with edible lace and a large pink peony sugar flower.

IMG_7460.JPG

IMG_7470.JPG

Audrey’s mom made all the adorable details for the party, like the amazing backdrop, frames, flowers etc.  She got a lot of inspiration from a first birthday that I had the pleasure of doing with Sarah K. Chen, Linda Ly, & Carissa from JL Designs.

IMG_7477.JPG

IMG_7518.JPG

IMG_7529.JPG

IMG_7521.JPG

IMG_7512.JPG

IMG_7538.JPG

IMG_7540.JPG

IMG_7543.JPG

IMG_7514.JPG

She wanted to do a small amount of mini desserts along with a traditional koren rice cake too.

IMG_7504.JPG

IMG_7458.JPG

IMG_7456.JPG

IMG_7471.JPG

IMG_7479.JPG

IMG_7484.JPG

IMG_7482.JPG

IMG_7472.JPG

IMG_7485.JPG

I wonder what little Audrey is going to choose…cast your vote!

IMG_7527.JPG

IMG_7528.JPG

Hope you enjoyed the photos!

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

13 Responses to “Adorable 1st Birthday Party”

1. Sandy says:

Oh my this is by far the cutest birthday party i’ve seen =) your desserts looks so cute and dainty!!! =)

2. FOODESSA says:

Overworked…overwhelmed…but hopefully over-appreciated ;)
    All we can do is be sincere and truthful on how we would like to be everywhere and do all things as super humans…but alas it is impossible!
    What is important, is how your talents are out there being shared in the most beautiful events.
    As an interior designer, I can tell you that your creativity shines through in mega stars. Would love to have you here in Montreal, Quebec ;0)
    Keep up the fantastic work you are doing…and don’t forget to enjoy the reason you have this talent in the first place.
    Flavourful wishes, Claudia

3. Super cute party! All of the desserts are gorgeous, LOVE the cake!

4. Susan says:

what an awesome looking dol!

5. wendy says:

Gorgeous! 1st birthday parties are so much fun!

6. Amie says:

Love it! Your creativity is such an inspiration!

7. Mika says:

It’s right, you are so talented…I love your elegant style, so simple and so stunning…your ideas are amazing…I’m so happy for you!
    And, by the way, what a lovely party!!!!

8. Megan Lee says:

Hi! My name is Megan and I was in love at first bit with your yummy treats! I actually was at this Birthday party and I was amazed by the beautiful spread of desserts you created. The most amazing dessert I have ever tried was your famous red velvet cake lollipop… so delicious! You did an amazing job at Audrey’s 1st Birthday party; I was beyond impressed! I come in often just to grab a cake lollipop or two.

xo
    Megan

9. Melody,

Wow, you just keep on to create and inspire! Awesome job… you are so talented and I wish you the greatest success.

As you might know you have really inspired me a lot, and I give you credit for one of my cakes om my blog
    Big thanks for inspiration and for reminding me (with some of your tweets)to have faith in God!

Keep up the good work and Be blessed!

/Linda,
    Sweden

10. Nadila says:

What a great party…., your treats looks so yummy… and decoration was so adorable…. good job…

11. Alix says:

Ooooh this is soooo adorable. You are so talented. Amazing! I esp love the sugar peony and edible lace!!

Alix
    modernkiddo.com

12. [...] Speaking of fancy cakes…dig this birthday cake. Wow. The cake featured sugar paste “lace” and the most incredible hot pink sugar peony flower. You can see more of the party on Melody’s blog. [...]

13. Jmarie says:

Hi- where did you get the gorgeous cloth it is to die for