Three Wonderful Weddings!

Wedding season is in full swing here at Sweet & Saucy Shop!  As I’m typing this post I can’t believe that this upcoming weekend I actually have 8 weddings!!!  I remember the days when one wedding a weekend was a lot for me…too funny how times have changed!  My team has grown and so have the number of weddings we can take on each weekend.  We still love working with each individual couple and seeing their wedding come to life & being a party of their sweet celebration!  These next 3 weddings were such a pleasure to be a part of and I’m so happy to be sharing them with you!  First up is a wedding that I had the pleasure of working with the AMAZING Jesi Haack again!  I truly love that lady and am so blessed to work with her a lot.  Her clients are always such a pleasure to work with and this time was no different.  Beth and Jon wanted a unique wedding with lots of organic, rustic touches to it.  We decided to do a pistachio covered cake with a large fresh kale flower accent.  We also created a mini dessert bar with lots of goodies!

Jesi and I wanted the cake to stand alone this time and have it’s own space so we decided to use one of Jesi’s dressers and fill it full of moss…LOVED how it turned out!  I have to thank Jesi’s fabulous husband Ryan Haack for supplying me with some great shots of the cake & mini dessert bar.  I can always count on him for perfect photos of my treats!

Wedding Jan 22-11

The details for this wedding were great and the couple looked so gorgeous!

Inside the reception Jesi created such fun floral arrangements and design details!

And finally the mini dessert bar!

Wedding Jan 22-20

This wedding I actually worked on quite a while ago, but am finally now getting the chance to blog it!  I had to take a ferry boat over to Catalina Island for this wedding, but it was worth it!  The bride made a lovely backdrop for the dessert table and really wanted to incorporate the Spanish tiles that are all over Catalina Island in her wedding so we tried pulling them into the dessert bar on the cake and sugar cookies!

For the cake we also did sugar flower orchids!

This last wedding was at the beautiful Surf & Sand Hotel in Laguna Beach.  Devon & Shariff were dream clients to work with and I’m so happy I was apart of their special day.  Since it was near the ocean we went with a nautical theme, but wanted to modernize it a little bit.  I got inspiration for the cake from a brooch that was at Anthropologie and then recreated it in sugar!  I have to thank the lovely Lauren Hillary for these gorgeous photos!

Love these next photos!

Thanks to all the lovely couples that let us share in their special day!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 Responses to “Three Wonderful Weddings!”

1. janarhodes says:

wow !…. no words!…..
    I just wish I could marry again (my husband of course)… and you could arrange the magical “sweet and saucy” buffet….

wonderful cakes!

2. elle sees says:

this isn’t my style, but i adore it so!!

3. Erica B. says:

I love your dessert style!

4. Mai says:

Lovely!! The nautical one is a piece of art!!

5. 8 WEDDINGS????????!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE WHAT? I am beyond impressed with you. And these photos are spectacular!

6. sharilyn says:

lovely as always melody! :) you girls do such great work….
    having lived on catalina, i was especially delighted with the tile cookies! nicely done! where was that wedding located?

also love the nautical cake… so elegant!

7. Diana says:

Lovely weddings! I can’t believe the second wedding with the backdrop being a chalkboard finish and then all those “tiles” drawn on….amazing! At least it looks drawn on, but it’s so perfect…hmm? Maybe there is some other way to get that look!

8. julie says:

Love the pics with the cake pops! And of course your work in impeccable…

9. Mika says:

I’m so happy for you!!!
    Everything you made is so elegant…I must learn from you…I studied to become a baker and I ‘d really like to start decorate cakes seriously…You are so inspiring….

10. Wow! These wedding desserts were so beautiful they actually have me wanting to get married just to have the cake! Honestly, all of them are just stunning and perhaps the most creative events I have seen in some time. Beautiful and inspiring.

11. Stacey Mills says:

Love this website, the wedding planner did an amazing job. I just was wanting to place a warning out there on Lauren Hilary for photography for weddings. She was just in it to meet single men, hand her card out to high profile guests ( so mortifying) and her photos are nothing new and fresh. It is the same style you see by other photographer students you can hire at a fraction of the price. She uses a ton of photoshop often making the photo washed out. I see online a lot of complaints and also her inability to handle them in a professional manner. I attended a wedding she was at and she did not have the Bride in mind in you know what I mean. Caution