Woodland Themed 1st Birthday Party

I love when I get to work with creative clients!  Sarah is a perfect example of a client that just blows my mind and gets me so excited about making desserts!  She wanted to make her son, Finn’s, 1st birthday party fabulous and boy did she!  She made all the design pieces herself and truly amazed me with her creativity and talent…can you say future party planner or what!?!?

Sarah wanted to create a “Woodland” style look for the party and so we made the desserts accordingly.  Sarah not only did all the decorating for the party, but she even made some of the desserts too!  This is seriously one of the cutest kid’s birthday parties I have ever seen and I was so blessed to be a part of it!  Thanks Sarah!  And here is the amazing little family!

For the desserts we made owl cookies, mini key lime pies, mini candy bar cupcakes, rustic pies and other tasty treats!  Sarah wanted us to recreate a little deer for the cupcake that matched the one on her invitations and I have to say it turned out adorable!

Sarah created a photo station for all her guests to enjoy full of fun props!

And the cutest continues…

And it’s time for the birthday boy to blow out the candle!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

41 Responses to “Woodland Themed 1st Birthday Party”

1. I love this idea for a party! Everything is absolutely adorable.

2. Andrea says:

Beautiful Pictures!

3. Super cute party! Love the theme and the picture frame photo wall with props…so clever!

4. Sasha Souza says:

So glad you were able to get inspiration with the photo wall! love that it’s a single instead of a triple, too. Great looking party.

5. Jacque says:

Oh my how adorable!! I so love the woodland theme and everything looks amazing–as usual!

6. Oh wow! Amazing. I can’t believe all those wonderful details !

7. I just love this party! I have to post about it on my blog! Woodland parties are very popular but this one takes the cake! So super unique!

8. Andrea says:

Beautiful, i just shared with my FB friends….so cute!!

Dolce Drive

9. Alexis says:

Wow, one of my all time favorite parties I have seen in “blog world”! Great job!!

10. Jackiefo says:

I love all of the desserts!!!!

11. I love the chocolate owl pops, I am totally buying that mold! Thanks for sharing Melody!

12. Brandy says:

super cute party and the dessert look yummy as usual! I will be featuring this party on my blog tomorrow! http://www.simplycreativeinsanity.blogspot.com

13. Beth says:

:: drool!::I want a one year old now JUST so I can have this party!

14. What a wonderful party with so many great details!!!

15. Allison says:

This is so cute!

16. hellolover says:

Adorable! What a lucky little boy!

17. Stacey says:

Awesome party! My son recently celebrated his first too and i did a modern take on Moose and Zee theme(he Loooooves Moose and Zee).

18. Sarah says:

Great theme love the use of my toadstool and owl mobile blogged about it here.

19. Incredible party! Sharing on my blog!

20. What a wonderful party. I’m founder of a new party site called http://www.catchmyparty.com. I’d love to feature your party on our homepage in our Party of the Day. Please email me if you are interested. My email address is jillian@catchmyparty.com. Again, great job! Beautiful!

21. Jessy says:

obsession. I’m smitten with the photo station!

22. Cindy says:

Was the “You are My Sunshine” sign purchased or made?? I love it!

23. [...] one of the cutest kids birthday parties I have ever seen and simply had to share.  Compliments of My Sweet & Saucy, this party is packed with charming details and delightful treats! What a lucky little [...]

24. What a gorgeous party! I’m in awe of it really and that deer cupcake is incredible. Was it hard to shape the deer? :)

25. robyn says:

GORGEOUS. WOW. HOLY COW. I’m in LOVE and dessert LUST with the party….incredible everything! He’s an adorable and lucky little man!

26. Lovely. I’ll be sharing this one with my readers!

27. [...] ran across this adorable woodland themed first birthday party over at my sweet and saucy this weekend. I just love owls, as is likely evident by my campout, owl fun and owl couple [...]

28. [...] blogs: charlotte’s fancy , handmade…cathy gaubert, a little sussy, kate landers events, my sweet and saucy, and [...]

29. Zemphira says:

CUTENESS! This is just about the cutest b-day party ever. I love the browns. So fun!

30. jessie b says:

absolutely adorable decorations and idea. now im wanting to throw a woodland themed party :)

31. Brittanie says:

I am IN LOVE with this! Wish I hadn’t been mostly done with my Finnley’s party when I found this!

32. ButterflyMama says:

SO beautiful and special. Clearly this is a mama who wants her baby to shine but has a little too much time and money on her hands.

33. Jael says:

What an adorable theme. The attention to detail is wonderful. I love how she tagged the toddler friendly treat area. It looks like she had a huge turnout! Very very nice.

34. Christy says:

I’m now begging my friends to have babies so I can throw this party for them as a wedding party. I have to know, is the deer on the cupcake made of fondant? I’m not sure I can survive another month without one of those. So…stinking…cute!

35. Lynne says:

Truly inspired. Lovin it. I have a first birthday party to plan, and this is a wonderful source of inspiration. Thanks

36. emma says:

Love the party ideas! How did you make the deer on the top of the cupcake?

37. Jackie says:

I love all the ideas! Can I ask where you got the pattern to make the owl mobile? Or if anyone know where I can find a pattern like that? So very cute!

38. Sonya Cates says:

I love this woodland theme for boys. I am definitely going to use these ideas for my sons birthday party in early Nov. He loves to be outdoors.
    For more party ideas check out my blog at creativeplayhouse@wordpress.org

39. Nikki says:

LOVE your party! Im planing a Woodland Fairie party for my daughter and have been inspired by some of your creative ideas! THANKS!

40. Cori says:

WOW! Fantastic! I am plannin a woodland themed party for my son in December. I have to get started now with all the fun details. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the photo wall with props (FUN!)

41. Jess says:

What a beautiful party! I was just curious what material or grass(?) you used to make the grassy portraiture in the frames!?! I’m putting together a harvest themed event soon and would love to find some crafty goodness like that :) thank you and thanks for the inspiration!