Wedding Season has Begun!!!

Boy have we been busy, busy, busy at the shop!  Two weeks ago I had 8 weddings in one weekend, this weekend we have 6, and next weekend we have 8 again!  With that being said, I have LOTS of fun photos to share with you and I hope you enjoy them!

This first cake might be one of my favorites yet!  I recently hired on a new employee, Kyong, who interned with us at the shop for 2 months & right from the start I saw how talented she was at cake decorating.  She paints flawlessly & it truly has become one of my favorite touches to add to wedding cakes!

IMG_9519.JPG

We decided to add sugar orchids to the top of the cake and Sara did an amazing job with them!

IMG_9516.JPG

IMG_9517.JPG

IMG_9509.JPG

I made a large sugar ruffle at the bottom and it was all finished!

IMG_9518.JPG

IMG_9508.JPG

The next wedding cake I took inspiration from their wedding invitation and did the circle pattern all over the cake!  I loved it!

IMG_9218.JPG

We then accented the cake with ruffly style anenome flowers!  Overall I loved the color combo and design!

IMG_9240.JPG

They also wanted a lot of fun mini desserts & I have to say that their dessert tags the bride got were beyond adorable!

IMG_9226.JPG

IMG_9230.JPG

IMG_9227.JPG

IMG_9232.JPG

I have also had the pleasure of doing a lot of fun groom’s cakes lately.  This next cake was my first football helmet & I was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out!  The whole thing is cake & then we used bendable pipe to make the front of the mask.

IMG_0120.JPG

IMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0123.JPG

IMG_0124.JPG

IMG_0132.JPG

IMG_0131.JPG

The wedding cake that went with this groom’s cake was equally fun!  She wanted to incorporate her color scheme of copper & sage, her damask pattern, and the orchid’s & butterflies that were going to be at her wedding…and this is what we came up with!

IMG_0083.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG

Everything on the cake is made out of sugar!

IMG_0102.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

Lastly we had the pleasure of doing another small, yet intricate cake for a recent wedding in which I just fell in love with the design.  The handpainting & sugar flower definitely make it one of a kind!  The pattern was taken off of the ring bearer pillow & I think it transferred beautifully onto the cake.

IMG_9919.JPG

IMG_9936.JPG

IMG_9926.JPG

IMG_9927.JPG

IMG_9924.JPG

Thanks again for stopping by my blog!  I bet most of you know from following my twitter account that we have a fun new adventure happening at Sweet & Saucy Shop!  We have decided to start a new online store featuring the BEST cake stands, platters, domes, cupcake liners, etc…basically any dessert item that you crave!  We are hoping to have the shop up by the end of the month, so definitely stay tuned!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

22 Responses to “Wedding Season has Begun!!!”

1. faithy says:

WOW! Your wedding cakes are just awesome! So stunning and elegant! The purple sugar orchids rocks! I thought they were fresh flowers at first till i read “sugar”-orchid!

2. Allie says:

I cannot wait for the online store! I have always loved all your cake stands, etc!

3. Beverly says:

Absolutely gorgeous as usual! I think it is hard to choose a favorite. The circle cake is so cute…..but the hand painted cakes are gorgeous. I cannot wait for your online store. I have a cake pedestal addiction and am always looking for new ones!

PS: what kind of material did your assistant use to paint on the cake? It looks thick, like royal icing. Did she have to outline in royal icing first and then paint with something else? Did she use some kind of stencil? They are gorgeous!!!!

Can’t wait till the end of the month for the grand opening of your online store!

4. Kelly says:

Mel the first thing what i do in the morning is access your blog, but i from brazil,living in Madrid and start in this sugar world, I really LOVED what you and your sister do in sugar and i can not wait to see your new shop and buy cute things !!Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring!! And sorry for my terrible english ;)

5. Gamie says:

Melody, I want to let you know that your cakes look AMAZING, more than amazing. Absolutely beautiful, a piece of art!!!! I am a big fan of the way you did the sugar flowers. It looks so real and just brilliant! Kudos to you! You have done a superb job! I am a HUGE FAN of your work and your yummy cupcakes!

6. staceys says:

It has been so exciting watching your business flourish and your talent grow. Thank you for sharing!

7. elle sees says:

Wonderful and dazzling. I’m not a bride, but I stalk bridal blogs and the like.

8. All of those cakes are outstanding, and I especially love the first cake. But I really love the idea of shot glass desserts. They are the perfect size.

9. janarhodes says:

just speechless!

no words can describe my feelings looking at your wedding cakes!

10. kamaile says:

You and your team do beautiful work! I seriously get excited when I see a new post from you in my reader.

11. crissy farah says:

Wowie!!! Those cakes are all ridiculously beautiful!

12. Lina Wallace says:

So excited to see that you posted Jamie and Bradley’s Cake. It’s truly a masterpiece! :)

13. These are insanely amazing!! Those flowers are so realistic! It seems your teams talent has no limits!

14. I am absolutely obsessed with the first two cakes. Gorgeous, as always!!!

15. Monica says:

Love the orchids, i thought they were real, until i read the comment.
    Really beautifullll….
    The last cake im in love with it, because of the hearts, and how the flower give a beatiful finish to the cake ;)

16. Mika says:

I love the paints on your cakes…so stunning…

17. Katie says:

As always, everything that you create is incredible.

My husband and I are moving to Sacramento next week. My new job involves a lot of traveling so I am sure that I will be in your area at some point. If so, I will definitely come get something tasty from the shop!! I have been reading and drooling over your things for over a year (maybe more…?) and I can’t wait to taste it!!

18. Melissa says:

You are my hero.

19. Kristin says:

Your cakes are incredible! A tutorial would be a fantastic way to learn some of your tips! :)

20. robyn huttegger says:

Are those peanut butter cake lollipops made out of a cake mix? Or are they made with something else? So awesome!!

21. Unbelievable cakes. The detail and design on all of them is just amazing. Great grooms cakes.

22. Real says: