Spanish Style Wedding

First off I have to say THANK YOU to everyone for your sweet comments & encouragement after the last post!  We are all very excited for the show on TLC and it makes it even more fun that we can share it all with you who have been with us for a while now!

This next wedding that I’m going to share with you might be one of my favorites!  I always LOVE working with Courtney from Joyful Weddings & Events and Carissa from JL Designs and the venue Rancho Las Lomas is one of my favorites to work at as well.  The bride was one of the sweetest clients I have worked with yet and really trusted me to pull their vision through.  Their wedding had a Spanish style to it and once I saw their invitations I knew we had a great design for the cake!

IMG_0476

IMG_0426

As you can see from their menu card, we took the exact pattern of their Spanish style flags and recreated a silicone mold of the design.  We then poured white chocolate into the mold and dusted it with pearl luster dust.  We draped the flags all along the cake like a banner and then made a large fushia sugar peony to accent the top!

IMG_0413

Carissa & Courtney out did themselves with the design for this wedding and I was truly blown away when I arrived on site.  I love the details!

IMG_0432

IMG_0436

IMG_0499

IMG_0550

The color scheme for this wedding was so rich and deep…

IMG_0429

IMG_0466

Another aspect I LOVED was that we got to do six mini rustic style cakes along with the large wedding cake.  I think this made for a gorgeous, dramatic display that was really the focal point of the reception!

IMG_0519

IMG_0517

Courtney made the most adorable name cards for each cake with their flavor on it…she always pulls through for me!

IMG_0508

IMG_0462

IMG_0526

IMG_0497

IMG_0545

IMG_0448

IMG_0469

IMG_0463

IMG_0494

IMG_0514

Of course the little bride & groom topper had to sneak into the display!

IMG_0512

IMG_0485

IMG_0496

Such a fun, personal wedding with lots of gorgeous details!  Thanks so much for stopping by the blog!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

15 Responses to “Spanish Style Wedding”

1. kien says:

love the multiple cakes!

2. Carolyn Palmer says:

I just found your amazing blog and I love the theme of this wedding. The colors, the flowers, your cakes – just fabulous! One quick note – the theme of this wedding is very Mexican – not Spanish. The paper flags are called Papel Picado, literally punched paper, and are a traditional Mexican folk art made for celebrations and holidays. The tile for the table numbers (what a cute idea!) are Talavera tile – again, a traditional Mexican folk art. Finally, the adorable bride and groom are in the style of the toys sold in Mexico to celebrate the Day of the Dead – a fascinating holiday celebrated every year on November 2. Obviously this was a couple who, like me, appreciate the richness of Mexican folk art culture. Again, I’m so happy to have found your blog – I can’t wait to read older posts and see what you will come up with next! :)

3. Fernanda says:

I love your work, and always look forward to your new posts! Great job AGAIN :)

4. Just in time for the world cup win! It’s lovely Melody!

5. Stunning!! love the flag draping.

6. Cristina G says:

I love it! And yeah I agree with Carolyn.. this is more Mexican theme than Spanish. I LOVE the papel picado table runners.. amazing!! :)

7. That sugar peony is to die for!! And the color of it is just fanTAStic. But of course, I wouldn’t expect anything less. ;)

8. Jennifer says:

Very nice. The colors are so elegant. I also like the way the plants and fruit work into the design. I am also thinking this design is perfect for a Quinceanera party.

9. Emily says:

Do you have any tips on how to get the rustic look with frosting? I tried and mine did not look nearly as pretty as yours always do.

10. Yvette says:

Where did she get the menu cards from?

11. april says:

I think this is one of my favorite dessert displays! I love the background, the rustic cakes, the flowers and the name cards. So amazing!

12. [...] that…it’s Friday! Feast your eyes on this gorgeous cake designed by the genius team at Sweet and Saucy Shop. Inspired by the Mexican flag motif on the couple’s invitation suite, they recreated the [...]

13. katie says:

Hi! I love this idea and was wondering where you got the matching cake stands in different heights?

Thanks!!

14. Cynthia Forney says:

Fabulous flowers….cakes look great. What about a backyard wedding w No tables, really. More tapas. But gorgeous, Spanish Tyler pool and fire pit wall!

15. […] is a beautiful Spanish Style Celebration from My Sweet and Saucy with lots of beautiful rich colors and details. I think we can all find inspiration with these […]