Favorite Cake of the Year!

Well by the title of the post you can probably guess that I am in love with the cake I’m posting today!  I love working with Jesi Haack & Carissa from JL Designs because I know that I am going to have an amazing client that has wonderful taste! Joanna and Brian were just that!  They gave me full control when it came to the cake and I was so excited when I found out their look.  I had been wanting to create this style of cake for a while now and once I pitched the idea to Joanna and she said yes, I was SO excited!

There is definitely more to their wedding than my cake of course…they wanted to have a “Great Gatsby” style wedding and I have to say they definitely pulled it off! They also had their wedding at one of my favorite venues…Marvimon!  The gorgeous photos were taken by Annie McElwain, who I can’t wait to work with again!

feng-west-37

Carissa’s bouquet of balsa wood flowers was simply stunning!

feng-west-7

feng-west-14

feng-west-16

feng-west-8

Love this shot of the wedding party!

feng-west-45

feng-west-51

feng-west-47

Jesi & her hubby Ryan created an amazing walkway to their alter!

feng-west-56

feng-west-67

feng-west-75

feng-west-85

Finally…the CAKE!  My idea for the cake was to create one large open garden rose that cascaded all down the cake, but had a definitely center to it that started at the top.  I loved the idea of it being all white!  It is definitely my style with its modern look that is simplistic, but yet has great detail!  Hope you like it!

feng-west-52

feng-west-53

And of course it has to taste really delicious too!

feng-west-87

Thanks Joanna & Brian for trusting me to make your wedding cake…I had such a wonderful time!

feng-west-24

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

30 Responses to “Favorite Cake of the Year!”

1. Fernanda says:

stunning Cake!!!

2. Joanna says:

Stunning is exactly the right word to describe the cake. I can’t believe simplicity could be so gorgeous!

3. Mika says:

Super stunning!!!
    I like the fact that you leave it all white, it’s a beautiful cake.

4. Juli says:

Melody, you have hit it out of the ballpark with this cake… It is beyond stunning, and quite possibly your most beautiful cake to date. An instant fave, and a total classic. Well done!

5. Becky says:

Stunning cake. Quite possibly the most classy wedding cake I’ve seen.

6. I was gonna say, this BETTER be your favorite cake of the year!!!!

7. Beautiful! Congrats Mel and Happy 1 year anniversary to the S&S shop!!

8. pretty sure i 100% agree with this being your favorite cake of the year! it’s so beautiful!! happy anniversary, melody!

9. nina says:

Every time I come here, I am just more and more amazed at how beautiful your work is….

10. By far my favorite cake I’ve seen you create – absolutely stunning!! Happy Anniversary as well – what an amazing 1st year.

11. Have to agree! One of my all time faves!

12. Wow, gorgeous! I didn’t think an all-white cake could look so beautiful!

13. KnotAnja says:

So friggin beautiful! I’m in love.

14. Sandy says:

definitely one of my favorite cake! (Cause you have a lot of cakes that are also my favorite) So beautiful, elegant, simple and classic. You have a superb taste and style! Thank you for being an inspiration. Looking forward to more beautiful cakes! =)

15. Jackiefo says:

I literally gasped when I saw this – AMAZING!

16. Mouth open on the floor – that cake is breathtaking and stunning!

17. Cousin Brenda says:

It is so clean and elegant. Absolutely beautiful!

18. Oh my word!!! This cake is sooooo gorgeous!!! you did an amazing job!!!!

19. i love this cake…one of the most beautiful cakes i have ever seen. you are soooo talented and i want to thank you for sharing..you are truly an inspiration!!!

20. Diana says:

The cake is awesome! and so is the one they showed on the tv show. I was so excited to see your shop there, you guys all did great and I hope you do more shows like that.

21. Kristen says:

Melody – SO GORGEOUS!!! Stunning cake – you did an amazing job. Also – I just saw you on TLC last night – you’re a ROCKSTAR!

22. michelle says:

i want to get married again just to have this cake.

23. jackiefo says:

FYI – I featured this AMAZING cake on my blog post today… love it!

24. [...] came across this gorgeous cake on My Sweet & Saucy today while blogsurfin’ (oh yes my friends, it’s a sport). The idea of having a flower [...]

25. Robin says:

Gorgeous!! I absolutely love the understated monochromatic color palette and the architectural contrast of the stark cake lines to the organic petals….so classy, so elegant! This is more than a cake, it’s a masterpiece!

26. Helen Guzman says:

The cake is really a dream come true. In my opinion it is PERFECT!
    You are absolutely amazing!

27. [...] by the Sweet and Saucy Shop.  For more photos of this beautiful wedding: My Sweet and Saucy Blog. Published [...]

28. lisa says:

Though beautiful, I have never ever wanted flowers on my wedding cake until I saw that one. It is perfection! love it! If this was my wedding cake I would put a framed picture of it in my living room.

29. Katrina says:

Simply stunning! I am in awe!

30. Catie says:

This is absolutely the most stunning cake I have ever seen. Sheer perfection. Definitely have saved and bookmarked for my day!