Lots of Specialty Cakes

Get ready to be bombarded with LOTS of cakes!  Since hiring Kyong on full time we have had an opportunity to take on a lot more cakes and we have had a great time! Everything from chickens to Vegas cakes….if you can dream it, we can make it! First up one of my favorites…our Bun in the Oven Cake!  A client showed up a photo of a cake that the Cake Girls had done a while back, which I had always loved, and so we did our own take on it.

IMG_1473

The couple didn’t know what they were having so we put the last name of the couple on the “bun”…little Baby Zaby will be coming out soon!

IMG_1465

IMG_1460

IMG_1462

IMG_1456

My client was sweet enough to send me some photos from their special day!

IMG_0454

IMG_0435

IMG_0449

IMG_0422

We have gotten to do lots of fun animals lately too…some cakes and some cake lollipops (inspired by Bakerella of course).

IMG_1301

IMG_1298

IMG_1290

IMG_1284

IMG_1287

Screen shot 2010-07-12 at 11.16.15 PM

Screen shot 2010-07-12 at 11.16.28 PM

We get to work on lots of fun events that Marie from, Sweets Indeed, puts on & the details  she puts into her table design is fabulous!

Screen shot 2010-07-12 at 11.17.11 PM

Screen shot 2010-07-12 at 11.16.57 PM

This cake was one we did for Lucia of Utterly Engaged.  Her brother & his wife had a baby shower & she got this cake for them. It matched the adorable invitation she designed.

Screen shot 2010-08-15 at 5.01.39 PM

giraffe_baby_shower_cake

Next up is a Vegas Cake we did for a birthday party and I have to say Kyong did a great job on the details!

IMG_1519

IMG_1516

IMG_1507

IMG_1520

IMG_1518

IMG_1521

This next cake was a unique groom’s cake we did this last weekend.  I don’t know all the symbolism to it, but I think it’s great that the bride had us incorporate so many fun, corky details to the cake that mean something to both of them.

IMG_1582

IMG_1592

IMG_1580

IMG_1576

Lastly a Harley Davidson Cake we did…I just love how Kyong’s sugar flames turned out!

IMG_0895

IMG_0900

IMG_0904

And I just had to throw in this last little buttercream ruffle cake because it is way too cute!  Thanks for stopping by the blog!

IMG_1522

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

19 Responses to “Lots of Specialty Cakes”

1. Jenny says:

So many wonderful styles! I really love that ruffle cake at the end, I must give it a try!

2. I LOVE the chicken cake. The shape of the animal cakes are SO CUTE! I’m in awe of the detail on the “bun in the oven” cake as well. Fabulous!

3. Carla kalluf says:

Hi Melody, I’m a cake designer in Brazil and I love your blog!!! Congratulations for your wonderful cakes!!! I’m starting in this business and have so much to learn…but your cakes are source of inspiration for me. Thanks for sharing them with us.

4. Just one word: gorgeous!!! Love them all but my favourites are the cow and the one with the girafe :)!

5. Wow, all the cakes are gorgeous!

6. you never cease to amaze me! love love those farm animals. SO adorable!

7. Tracy says:

The cake pops are sooooo cute!!! And the cake stand works perfectly with the ruffle cake!! wow!!!

8. Sarah says:

LOVE THESE! And all your cakes :) Do you mind sharing what decorating tip you use for the ruffles on the ruffle cake? Or is fondant?

9. Jackiefo says:

As usual, I love all of your cakes! The bun in the oven is so adorable! I love ruffle cake and the giraffe cake …. all of them basically! You are so good at what you do :)

10. Lisa Smiley says:

These are all amazing, Melody! So glad you are being blessed so abundantly!

11. These are all fantastic!! That Kyong sure is talented :)

12. your blog always makes me smile. <3 everything you & your lovely staff touches turns out to be utterly amazing. love you lots!

13. Gwyn says:

The cakes on your site are always beautiful. And I always love to see the pictures of happy customers!!

14. Kristi says:

Okay….I’ll admit it…I have a crush on you!!! Just LOVE your cakes…the attention to detail is AMAZING! You are so crazy talented. And that ruffle cake – is one of my new faves!!!

xoxo
    kristi

15. Annette says:

We are getting ready to do a special shoot for a young girl with a Charlotte’s Web theme. Those piggy pops are SO so cute. Well…everything on here is super cute or beautiful!!!

16. Lindsey says:

These cakes are amazing! The detail work is perfect and I must say i’m a huge fan of the cake with the buttercream ruffles. Thanks for the post!

17. Beautiful cakes. The bun in the oven is adorable. I also love the orange polka dot giraffe and the pink ruffled icing cakes. What piping tip do you use for the ruffle affect?

18. Chris says:

Love the ruffle cake…so cute! Love the blog.

19. Ashley says:

I must say that I love your cakes. You are way better than “cake boss”:)!!!