Travel Themed Wedding

There are certain weddings that you know are just going to be dreamy and this one was definitely one of them!  Once I heard that Stephanie Williams was photographing it I was super giddy as she always captures gorgeous images!  Maya & Joe wanted their wedding to really reflect them & their love of traveling.  I thought Shana Fu did an amazing job helping them pull this love of their’s throughout the wedding.  The images really capture how beautiful the day was and just how happy Maya & Joe were to become husband & wife!

maya_32

maya_15

maya_21

maya_28

maya_211

maya_30

Maya just looked stunning!

maya_41

maya_58

I partnered with Euri & Kendra from Fleuretica on the dessert bar!  They did the amazing job on the backdrop & provided the fun props too! I have to say that their florals for the day were beyond gorgeous too!

maya_joe_0784

maya_joe_0749

For the cake we did brown lace with blue sugar pearls & a large white sugar flower!

maya_joe_0752

maya_joe_0753

And of course we had to have lots of yummy mini desserts too!

maya_joe_0763

maya_joe_0775

maya_joe_0772

maya_joe_0756

maya_joe_0767

maya_joe_0754

maya_joe_0755

maya_joe_0783

maya_joe_0778

maya_joe_0773

The dessert set up was so much to see come to life…definitely one of my favorites!  I love the details for this wedding…the pom-poms, the travel details, her gorgeous flower hair piece…it all was fabulous!

maya_63

maya_131

maya_56

maya_141

maya_53

maya_18

maya_55

Thanks so much for having me as part of your wonderful day!

maya_48

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

15 Responses to “Travel Themed Wedding”

1. maya says:

Melody – you and Fleuretica did such an amazing job with our dessert table. We can not tell you how many of our family members were so delighted to have your mini desserts. It put a smile on all their faces. Definitely a highlight for the evening. Thank you so much for everything! Beautiful work.

2. Tiffany says:

I love you cakes. I always seem to see those balls on a layer. What are they? My guess is blown sugar?

3. linda says:

stunning, stunning photography…&…cake creations…just fabulous!

btw: it was such FUN seeing you on TLC! so impressed with you shop & your creativity!

4. What a beautiful wedding, all of the details are absolutely amazing. I love the suitcase for “love notes”. And the wedding cake is stunning, unlike anything I have ever seen, so unique!

5. Oh My Gosh…I’m on sensory overload. This is so beautiful. The dessert table takes my breath away. The details in the vintage suitcases is amazing, and I love love love the little airplane with the banner.

6. kira says:

the cake the cake the cake! So unique and trend forward… lots will be eyeing this cake for inspiration. Well done!

7. Heather says:

Your work is simply amazing! I always check in for some great inspiration. :) I would love to learn to make those peonies! They are always so beautiful! Any tips or books or anything that I could use? Thanks!

8. Sara says:

I’m realy excited how looks cookies :)

9. Camille says:

Lovely. Love the theme, vintage and contemporary styles were mixed well.

10. I love her fitted flared dress!! And all those amazing desserts…….AHHHHH!!!!! They looking super adorable and crazy delicious!

11. Junita says:

I hope you don’t mind if I feature this on my blog, this is so vintagely sweet:)

12. [...] 2: Rings on a postcard, seating [...]

13. Erin says:

I adore this wedding- so pretty, so fun, and oh so personal to the couple! Absolutely stunning!

14. Justin says:

One of my favorite website with very interesting things on it !

15. Fabienne says:

Hi! I love what you did for your wedding :) ! We are planning our travel themed weddind for this summer and we would love to find a plane as the one you have above your candy bar… Any chance you tell us where to buy it :) ?