French Inspired Photo Shoot

I recently had the pleasure of working with Joy de Vivre, Florette Designs, & Michael & Anna Costa on a French inspired photo shoot that was featured on Style Me Pretty!  I was blown away when I saw the gorgeous photos and really loved how it all turned out!  It was great working with such talented vendors & I thought they did an amazing job.

70850008

_MG_5719

_MG_5574

70840015

70850014

70860007

_MG_5664

For the wedding cake I was really inspired by a wedding dress that was completely covered in white lace & doilies with an underlying color.  I knew someday I wanted to recreate it in cake and this was the perfect opportunity.  We covered the base of the cake in a light peach color and then tediously cut out individual fondant lace pieces that were added to the cake.  It was definitely a labor of love, but I have to say I loved the finish product.

70880015

70880012

70860016

70840002

_MG_5563

_MG_5440

70840010

70850015

70860009

To check out more photos and details on the shoot definitely stop by Style Me Pretty!  Thanks again to the whole team who put on this shoot!

Styling & Design: Joy de Vivre Wedding Design & Coordination / Floral Design: Florette Designs / Photography: Michael & Anna Costa / Rentals: Town & Country Rentals / Silverware: The Tent Merchant/ Calligraphy: Leslee Sipress / Linens: La Tavola Linen / Jam: Santa Barbara Preserves

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

14 Responses to “French Inspired Photo Shoot”

1. Andrea says:

Wow! This was a gorgeous shoot, but that cake… it’s just incredible!

2. Nina Pocoroba says:

Wow Mel, that cake is beautiful! I know it’s too pretty to eat, but it still makes me want cake. :)

3. So beautiful!!!! I love everything about this shoot!

4. kamaile says:

WOW! That cake is AMAZING! Lovely work.

5. Nina Designs says:

So beautiful! Everything is just perfect, the setting, the gorgeous cake, the photography, everything!

6. Thank you so much for all the hours you spent creating this amazingly beautiful cake!!!

7. Divine! This color scheme is sooo soothing. It works Autumn or Spring actually. I think the simplicity of the shoot is what makes it so special. Perfect little details. Bravo.

8. Liz H says:

That is a stunning cake. The delicacy of the peach color showing through makes an elegant statement.

9. Love the simple elegance of this shoot — well done!

10. Bustle says:

That cake is insane you always out do your self Melody!! And this shoot is so inspiring great job all!

11. Eadaoin says:

This is just so beautiful, I love the peachy tones in all the photos!

12. Ariana says:

Oh, how I wish I could have had that cake at my wedding! All so lovely, tranquil and romantic.

13. s h e r r y says:

These are BEAUTIFUL photos. That cake especially, is jaw-droppingly detailed. Wow.

14. […] Images Sourced from; My Sweet and Saucy | Delish | Wedding Magazine | Design Sponge | My Sweet and Saucy […]