Ruffle Cake Tutorial Video!!!

Well, you asked for it and here it is!!!  You too can now make this adorable and easy cake for your friends and family!  Just click on the link and you can view it on You Tube!

IMG_2196

Or if you just want to make a one tier cake…

IMG_1522

If you missed the link here it is again…YouTube Video!

Tags: , , , , , ,

46 Responses to “Ruffle Cake Tutorial Video!!!”

1. Jennifer says:

Thanks for sharing!

2. Wonderful – thank you for sharing. I love the ruffle look!

3. KRISTINA says:

Melody,
    I LOVE this look! Thank you so much for taking the time to share!

4. Rita Reyes says:

Congratulations on making one of the top food blogs!

Rita
    Gluten Free

5. Shelby says:

Oh my goodness! I have the link to the ruffle cake saved because I wanted to attemp it sometime. I loved it! Thank you so much for giving a tutorial! I was so completely surprised when I came across it today. I guess I’m not the only one who thought thought this cake was great!

6. Paula says:

this cake looks absolutely awesome!

have a nice time!
    Paula

7. Kamille says:

Thank you for the tutorial–very helpful & very beautiful!

8. Mary says:

I love the simplicity of this method and the femininity of the design. It’s soooo pretty! I love this blog!!!! Thanks for sharing.

9. faithy says:

thankyou for sharing! I love the ruffle look! love looking at all your cakes!

10. Rita Reyes says:

Congratulations on making one of the top food blogs!

Rita
    Gourmet Cupcake

11. This looks so beautiful…thanks for the video!

Carmen

12. [...] have an extra little goodie for you today. This gorgeous pink ruffle cake created by Melody at My Sweet and Saucy catches my eye every-time I see it. Whether at weddings, or parties it is a lovely show [...]

13. I loved this cake when I first saw it on your site, and I’m so glad you posted a video tutorial! This cake is beautiful, I can’t wait to make one of my own!

14. Celia says:

I’ve seen this cake before…about 10 years ago in a Martha Stewart Baby magazine she used to publish. It’s still very cute.

15. Paula says:

Thanks for sharing!

16. Joanne says:

Your work is absolutely amazing!!! Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial. I look forward to seeing more. Thanks again :)

17. Awesome video. Thank you so much. Looking forward to more :)

18. Hi from Argentina!!

Thanks so much for sharing this video. I love your site.
    I have just made the ruffle cake, it is easy and turned out great!!!
    Thank´s a lot!!

Naty

19. marjorie says:

Thanks for sharing! It’s always blessing for me when I visit your website. GOD BLESS!

20. Nancy Ward says:

Hi!

Wanted you to know I posted a link today to this tutorial on my blog, PaperFriendly.

Nancy Ward
    PaperFriendly

21. MammaDucky says:

Ohhh! How wonderful! I’m envisioning a Christmas cake with red, white and green frosting in the piping bag to create the look of those holiday hard candies! How fabulous! Thanks for the tutorial!

22. Vanessa says:

I can’t wait to try this! Looks fabulous!!!

23. Adelina says:

I will have to admit this cake looks adorable!!!!

24. Jill L says:

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE IT. Making this for a baby shower. I’m doing a small pastel green and a larger pink on separate cake stands. Wouldn’t have been able to do it without the tutorial. Thanks a million!!!

25. Anita says:

So glad I found your video tutorial. I saw this on Martha Stewart.com and could not follow the instructions :-( and I sooo wanted to make this for my daughter’s birthday. Now I can!!! Thank you so much!!

26. Thanks so much for this tutorial! I am going to attempt a pink ruffle cake for my b-day party this weekend. Wish me luck! :)

27. [...] made a ruffle cake for the first time (see a tutorial from My Sweet and Saucy), crafted a houndstooth-esque gluten-free cake, moulded and decorated moustache and lip-shaped [...]

28. [...] Designed by The Loveliest Day, this bridal shower mock up was shot by Ashley of Ashley Rose Photography and has the most beautiful yummy treats as well as gorgeous tea-party inspired details. This shoot was featured on both Ruffled and Love and Lavender. Even better, there’s a tutorial on how to make the ruffled cake here! [...]

29. [...] I’ve got to find a reason to make a ruffle cake. [...]

30. The second picture makes we want to try ASAP! Let me just grab my pastry bag!

31. Jamie says:

Where did you get that gorgeous cake stand from? I looove that color!

32. sophie says:

Hi, I am Sophie, I am french and i love this cake. You made me want to try ! Thanks for the video. Now I am gonna have a look to your blog.
    See you soon..

33. Love this cake. Wanted to try it for so long, and finally made it for this Mother’s Day.. Thanks for the amazing tutorial.
    Here’s how my cake turned out:

34. Sydney says:

Can you use cream cheese buttercream to do this?

35. Melissa says:

Thank you so much for posting this!! I was able to make this cake for my Mother’s 70th Birthday! Made her day! Thank you so much for being so generous to share you great ideas.

36. Jenn says:

Can you tell me how many inches round the two tiered cakes are? Is that an 8 inch on the bottom and a 6 inch on the top?

37. colleen says:

AMAZING!!! Thanks for showing me how to make something that has such a BIG impact that is easy enought for me to figure out. Can’t wait to do this!!!!

38. Pretty and easy!! Thanks!!

39. How easy! Thanks for the tips. :)

40. Kelly says:

where do you get that cake plate?

41. Spongedrop says:

Thanks so much for this tutorial! It looks absolutely beautiful. I’ve just included this cake in my round up of Valentine’s deliciousness over on my blog http://spongedrop.blogspot.com/2012/02/little-sweetness.html. Love your work. Danielle x

42. [...] and here. The latter is a really useful video a reader left on another post for me. Thanks Heather!Here is a tutorial on the Martha Stewart Ruffle Tower. For another ruffle variation, check out this [...]

43. grisel borgos says:

I LOVE THIS CAKE, IS SO PRTTY IN PINK. I WANT TO MAKE IT TO SEE HOW I DO. I FIRST SO THIS CAKE TWO MONTHS AGO IN A BOOK THAT I PERCHASE ON LINE AMAZON CALL POP PARTY I MAKE CUPCAKES AND CAKE POPS AND I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT,I DIDN’T KNOW IF I COULD MAKE THIS CAKE HAPPEN I MEAN I HAVE ALL THE TOOLS TO DO IT BUT I WAS AFRAID. AFTER LOOKIN AT THE BEAUTIFUL CAKES THAT MAGGIE AOUSTIN MAKES, MY FRIEND WANT THE OMBRE WEDDING CAKE FOR HER WEDDING THIS SUMMER ,NOW I WANT TO MAKE CAKES LIKE THAT, YEA RIGHT..ANYWAY AFTER LOOKING AT YOUR TUTORIAL I THINK I COULD MAKE IT HAPPEN. THANKS, THAT AWESOME’

44. natassa says:

I love this technique and I would like to try it on my daughter’s birthday!
    What kind of icing did you use ?
    Thank you in advance.

45. Candy says:

Beautiful. What size cakes? It looks like 8 and 6 inch. Is that correct? And, how many layers are on the bottom? It looks like 3 layers. Is that correct? Thanks!

46. Nicole says:

Super cute & girly cake! Love it! But I really love that ruffle teal cake stand! Where did you get it from!??