Recent Cakes from Sweet & Saucy Shop

I’m still trying to catch up on blog posting some cakes that we had the pleasure of making last year!  I have been so blessed to have such an amazing team behind me this past year and am excited as we go into this next year full of new couples, new cakes, and lots of fun times!

First up is a cake that I was so excited to work on!  This cake definitely has the most sugar flowers we’ve ever done before and I loved it.  We wanted it to be romantic and elegant and I think we did it!

IMG_3471

IMG_3442

IMG_3470

IMG_3447

IMG_3444

IMG_3459

IMG_3450

This next cake was a challenge that I was up to.  The bride worked for the Girl Scout Company and wanted to implement the cookies onto the main wedding cake and 4 small side cakes as well.  I painted the cookies with edible gold paint and then added some chocolate jewels & bottoms too.  I really was thrilled with how it all turned out!

IMG_3567

IMG_3571

IMG_3587

This black and white cake below is one that Kyong and I dreamed up.  I love having Kyong hand paint on our cakes so we came up with a look that we liked and let her go to town.  We accented it with a huge white sugar rose on top and it was finished!

WeddingPantry DParkPhotography 017

WeddingPantry DParkPhotography 058

WeddingPantry DParkPhotography 057

WeddingPantry DParkPhotography 026

Not all cakes are elegant & girlie, this next cake is full of modern fun with a whimsical flair.  We used hand cut fondant pieces and then painted on the cake as well.  The shape is unique too because instead of traditional rounds the bride wanted hexagon shapes.

yellow_lace_hexagon

yellow_lace_hexagon1

yellow_lace_hexagon2

Next up we did a traditional elegant wedding cake with a vintage twist.  We did brush embroidery on two of the tiers, mimicked the brides jeweled band on her wedding dress for one tier, and then lastly added a single blush pink garden rose to the bottom tier.

white_brush_embroidery

I love the look of bright colors, textures, and multiple cakes when done in the right way and I think we managed to pull it off with this next wedding.  Thanks to Jasmine Star for the photo below!

I_1059

IMG_2497

IMG_2496

IMG_2498

And lastly, normally draping isn’t my look, but I really did like this traditional style cake that we created.  I think the monochromatic look of it makes it look a little modern, but still very elegant and traditional.

IMG_3839

IMG_3844

IMG_3845

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog and definitely let us know what you think of the cakes!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

23 Responses to “Recent Cakes from Sweet & Saucy Shop”

1. Bird says:

WOW!! Melody, they’re stunning!!
    XO
    Bird

2. I love what you did with the girl scout cookies! That’s so creative and looked very modern.

3. Every color and every detail is just gorgeous and stunning!

4. Those cakes are all so beautiful. You have such a talent!

5. Annie Byrne says:

Those are fabulous. And Girl Scout Cookies, I miss Girl Scout Cookies…….brilliant

6. Sarah says:

These cakes are gorgeous!!! I love all the sugar flowers, they are so beautiful.

7. I am speechless, these are THE most amazing cakes I’ve ever seen!! Each one is beautiful and unique, I love the attention to detail and the obvious love that went into each one. Well done!
    Cheers,
    Leoni – Australia

8. Gorgeous! I love the details and those sugar flowers are stunning!

9. Anna says:

These cakes are works of art! The top one is probably the most beautiful cake I’ve ever seen. No joke. We did a post about it on my blog b/c i’m obsessed with it. Nice work!

10. Paula Morrison says:

The Girl Scout cakes – oh my – BRILLIANT! As always, you and your team did fantastic work!

11. I just LOVE your work. I just wish that I lived nearby so that I could order some cake from you. Your cakes are really stunning!
    I have been following your blog for a while now and you are a great inspiration to me! Thank you for sharing with us!

12. trendy bride says:

These cakes are absolutely stunning ! Thank you for sharing.

13. These cakes are too beautiful for words. If I had my wedding over again I would go for the top design with the beautiful pastel flowers in a heartbeat!

14. Amazingly Gorgeous and beautiful! you are really amazing love

15. lindsie says:

i love the girl scout cookie cake!

16. Lora says:

Breathtaking. All of them!

17. Jamie Hilton says:

This is really impressive. Holy Cow!! I love how you are bring the sugar flowers back, with a modern spin! love it.

18. Laurie says:

Beautiful! The Girl Scout cookie cake is genius!!

19. I am soo in love with that first cake. My favorite I’ve ever seen:-)

20. [...] Image via My Sweet and Saucy [...]

21. [...] via: Elizabeth Messina – Kiss the Groom, deviantart, Sweet and Saucy,  the drifter and the gypsy, Style Me Pretty via Pinterest, Pinterest, This is [...]

22. love love love love the first cake! It’s girlie, lovely and everything nice! It fits a tea party perfectly and I posted it in my inspiration today. Thank you for sharing your talents with your fans!

xo Christina Leigh