Kid’s Cakes

Well us ladies at Sweet & Saucy Shop don’t only do wedding cakes we also get the chance to make lots of fun kid’s cakes!  Below are some of the recent ones we’ve done…enjoy!

For this fun Toy Story themed cake, Irene did a great job of buttercreaming & piping on this cake, which is quite task if you’ve ever tried and Kyong made the adorable fondant details!

IMG_8562

IMG_8564

IMG_8563

One of my Dad’s employee’s wanted a NY Yankee themed cake for their little boy’s birthday and I have to say Kyong hit it out of the park :)

IMG_8608

IMG_8611

IMG_8609

For this next princess castle cake I piped lots of pretty vines and added mini sugar flowers to make it whimsical and girlie.

IMG_8568

IMG_8572

IMG_8574

IMG_8573

This next cake is such a fun one…Kyong designed it and this time around the cake was for a little boy, so of course the ducky needed a little mohawk!

IMG_8613

IMG_8614

IMG_8615

IMG_8616

If you want bling, sparkle, and glitz this is the Sweet Sixteen cake for you!

IMG_8602

IMG_8603

IMG_8604

For this cake the client sent us in a photo of this baby carriage that was actually painted on her pregnant belly and wanted to replicate the same painting in cake form, so this is what we came up with!

IMG_8594

IMG_8597

I just have to say that sugar pinwheels make everything cuter…

IMG_8546

IMG_8617

We don’t make lots of topsy turvy cakes at the bakery, but for this 1st birthday we pulled out all the stops and I think it turned out adorable.  The client wanted to pull in her daughter’s initial “R” into the theme of the cake and Kyong came up with this great design!

IMG_8706

IMG_8709

IMG_8708

We also made handpainted sugar cookies and a mini smash cake that matched as well…to cute huh!

IMG_8702

IMG_8710

Lastly we had the fun opportunity to make a Rapunzel cake based of the movie Tangled and so we thought it would be fun to do the tower that Rapuzel lived in with her locks of hair flowing down.  I have to say it was quite a tediously process when I made all the stone wall effect and piped the vines and flowers, but overall I was really happy with it!

IMG_8621

IMG_8629

IMG_8632

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Definitely let us know which cake was your favorite!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

16 Responses to “Kid’s Cakes”

1. Maycie says:

Ooh. That Toy Story cake is adorable. My daughter would LOVE that.

2. That Tangled cake is genius! Really beautiful, my 3 year old would go CRAZY for for it. You do beautiful work. I have your blog in my favourites feed, great work!

3. jana says:

Melody, I definitely love the “Baby boy” cake and also the Rapunzel cake. I could not decide which one I prefer more.
    Amazing colors and designs!

4. I love the yankees cake….no, the bathtub cake….but that sweet sixteen is fab too….oh, I love them all!

5. Joanne says:

Gorgeous cakes as always!!! But, being a huge Yankee fan, I LOVE THE YANKEE CAKE!!!!! You’re right when you said Kyong hit it out of the park! Awesome job!

6. Stephanie says:

Your guys’ buttercream work is FLAWLESS!!! I love all of them but the pinwheels are too cute! You guys do amazing work, keep it up :)

7. Charlotte says:

Melody all of your cakes are beautiful! I finally watched Tangled this weekend and I love your version of the tower. The entire movie I was hoping someone would ask me for a Tangled cake soon:)

8. Oh my that rubber ducky cake in the tub is one of the cutest cakes I have ever seen, such a clever idea!

9. TerraD says:

That is an amazing buttercream job on the Toy Story cake! Love the Yankee cake, too!

10. [...] for a cake for your kids celebration! Here are a few great [...]

11. Kristen says:

OMG the duck with the mohawk. Seriously – I don’t think it could be any cuter!!

12. Maysoon says:

Could you please post a video showing how to get these smooth surface and sharp edges using buttercream.

13. KelleyB says:

OMG… That “Tangled” cake took my breath away! I love it!!

14. Kate says:

Everything is just so beautiful but the rubber duckie in a tub is really cute!!

Absolutely lovely blog xx

15. Tory Burch says:

I prefer more.
    Amazing colors and designs!

16. ashley lopez says:

My sister fell in love with the Rapunzel cake :) amazing job!