Opening a New Sweet & Saucy Shop

Well you might want to call us crazy…not only am I going to give birth to my first baby girl this month but my family and I are going to be opening a NEW 2nd Sweet & Saucy Shop at the gorgeous Crystal Cove Promenade in Newport Coast!

2012-01-24 - melody's baby shower - photoshoots - 0106- signature edit

My mom and I had always joked about opening another store, but then we would just look at each other like we were crazy and drop the idea since of course our first shop keeps us busy, busy!  We have been so blessed by God with this business and can’t thank Him enough for our incredible staff.  Our staff has to be some of the best ladies around and we are so excited to be along this journey with them!  They are one of the main reasons why my mom came to me a couple months ago and felt like we should open a new shop…I was definitely surprised that she was up for such an adventure since she is so busy already, but we thought and prayed about it and felt that the Lord was directing us this way!

CrystalCoveEntrycropped

Crystal-Cove-Promenade

Of course my amazing dad is one of the only reasons we could get a bakery up and going in 3 months and I know Blake & I are going to owe him a lot of hugs and kisses for all the work he is going to be doing for us!  Also my sweet husband will be working away on a new updated website that has info for both stores now…so exciting!

NCRetail1

We love our customers in the Newport Beach area and are so excited to be a part of their community now and serve them even more Sweet & Saucy desserts!  We will definitely keep you updated on the progress of the shop and estimate that we will be open in 3 months or so!  Look forward to hopefully seeing some of you there!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

14 Responses to “Opening a New Sweet & Saucy Shop”

1. Rhiannon says:

Congrats Melody! On ALL the exciting things going on in your life :)

2. Carrie says:

SO EXCITED!!!! This is so close to where I grew up! Although now I live in Montana, I will totally stop by next time I come home for a visit! CONGRATS!!!

3. Congratulations!! I love that you are a family owned business, I run a small business with my parents also! Anyhow, I adore your sweets, you did a wonderful job on my wedding and I’m so happy that I will now be right in the middle of your two locations (I’m in HB)
    Good luck with the new shop and your sweet baby, when she arrives!

4. Nina says:

This is so exciting! Congratulations! Love you guys. :)

5. Kathia says:

Congratulations Melody!! this is wonderful news. I still remember years back reading your blog post and see how you were running around delivering your own cakes, renting kitchen space and teaching . You are young and such an example that it is never too late to dream, have goals and make them a reality.
    God has blessed you because you work so hard and you are a good person.
    I can’t wait for you to show us your baby girl. Good luck at delivery.

6. Vanessa says:

Melody! That is so incredible! It’s a dream of mine to stop into one of your shops at some point….and hopefully I’ll be able to do that soon :) The new store location looks absolutely beautiful and I look forward to seeing your upcoming works of art! Love it!

7. daphne says:

COngratulations! Wished i Lived in the US so i can visit both your shops!!!

8. lidia says:

Congrats! On both your baby girl and the new shop!

9. Sylvia says:

Melody I am extremely happy for all the incredible blessings in your life. Your work is amazing and Newport is very lucky to have you. I’ve truly enjoyed watching you succeed. I wish you all the very best

10. Oh my goodness, this is so exciting! Right around the corner from where I grew up! Not there anymore, but you can bet I’ll be stopping in when we’re home for visits! Congrats on all your exciting news!:)

11. Vicki Robertson says:

Best News Ever….having a baby girl and opening you new store right down the street!!! I so excited for all of you! Your team is so talented and I can’t wait to use you for more of my client’s events :)

12. Ashleigh says:

This is such great news!!! So excited to come check it out. I live in Dana Point and have always been a big fan! I usually stop by your shop on my way to/from LA (or have to have a strong talk with myself about not stopping b/c I usually eat all the treats myself). Anyway congrats on both newborns! And Thank you. :)

13. Wonderful news Melody! Congratulations on your both, your new baby and your new shop. Blessings xo

14. Melody,
    Congrats on the baby and so excited that you’re expanding with a second store too! How exciting and crazy all at the same time! Can’t wait to have you in the OC! You go girl…
    Kelly